PDA

View Full Version : Here me shouting???

nanajoanie
12-01-2004, 06:23 PM
I'm shouting to the world my good news. Mur IM'd us for a couple hours today. He isn't coming home on the 21st like planned. He's coming home on the 11th. Have only 10 days to get ready. House all decorated. Changed the church date to the 13th for the kids to renew their wedding vows after nearly 18 yrs. of marriage. My special daughter and I start crying happy tears every time we talk about it. What a Christmas this will be. Glad my shopping is done but she just started tonight. Only have 24# of fudge made. Still have to do sweetbreads and then cookies and garlic peanuts. Everyone come help me please. I'll give you a piece of fudge :)

jen-ron
12-01-2004, 06:30 PM
WHAAA-HOOOOO!!! Im so excited for you Nana!! Give him a big hug from us and tell him thank you! Now, you dont have time to post anymore, go get makin that fudge! I would help but then I would have to eat and then I would get really, really fat! ;) LOL

evrita
12-01-2004, 06:33 PM
OMG that is such great news I am so happy for you and your family

Jaidness
12-01-2004, 06:41 PM
thats great news and if I could I'd help you fudge or no fudge, have a wonderful visit!

BigLyd1
12-01-2004, 06:42 PM
WOOHOO, that's the best news you could have gotten! I can probably make it there by sometime tomorrow for some fudge! :D

nanajoanie
12-01-2004, 07:02 PM
WOOHOO, that's the best news you could have gotten! I can probably make it there by sometime tomorrow for some fudge! :D

I'll have the coffee on and the wine chilled and the door open and the fireplace going :D I have 2 big pots. We can both make fudge at the same time :D

Urban Cowgirl
12-01-2004, 07:17 PM
Nana I'll come help, but you'll have to teach me.....I love fudge!!!

I hope you have a wonderful visit with Mur, how long will he stay?

aperillo
12-01-2004, 07:33 PM
Hey nana I can come help. Work right up the street.

DBackFan
12-01-2004, 07:39 PM
Oh nana I am so happy for you! Give that boy a big hug and tell hime we apreciate him more than he knows. Wish I could help with the fudge!

tsquared
Hey Nana this fat boy is good at eating.............need a sampler??????????????I am there in a heartbeat...........

buttrfli
OMG!!! What WONDERFUL news!!!! I am so happy for you nana :D

nanajoanie
12-01-2004, 07:45 PM
Hey nana I can come help. Work right up the street.

Come on down neighbor. But leave Machelle at work. She gets some of the fudge for Christmas since she is my 1st born. She told me you work together or at the same place anyway. Also I'm not in Greensboro anymore. Down in High Point into Davidson county, taxes and everything else so much cheaper than Guilford county.

Who knew a post about a soldier coming home would turn to a fudge making session to a geography lesson about NC :D

shoppinqueen
12-01-2004, 07:46 PM
I'm shouting to the world my good news. Mur IM'd us for a couple hours today. He isn't coming home on the 21st like planned. He's coming home on the 11th. Have only 10 days to get ready. House all decorated. Changed the church date to the 13th for the kids to renew their wedding vows after nearly 18 yrs. of marriage. My special daughter and I start crying happy tears every time we talk about it. What a Christmas this will be. Glad my shopping is done but she just started tonight. Only have 24# of fudge made. Still have to do sweetbreads and then cookies and garlic peanuts. Everyone come help me please. I'll give you a piece of fudge :)

Fudge? did you say fudge ???? :p

There's nothing that drawns my attention quicker than good fudge ! You draw more admin's with fudge than you do with rants :D

Sounds like an awesome time in your house, Merry Christmas :)

nanajoanie
12-01-2004, 07:57 PM
Fudge? did you say fudge ???? :p

There's nothing that drawns my attention quicker than good fudge ! You draw more admin's with fudge than you do with rants :D

Sounds like an awesome time in your house, Merry Christmas :)

So far SQ - 6# each of chocolate/walnut, 2 batches chocolate/peanut butter, white chocolate/coconut. Tomorrow the 1st batch will be chocolate/ rasberry, and possibly choclate Irish Creme. The grandkidlettes want chocolate/cotton candy.

Oh Caress, take me away in the jacuzzi with the door shut, candles burning, and a tall glas of Chablis :D

Hillbilly
12-01-2004, 08:10 PM
WoooHooo!! I'm so excited for you and your family and I wish you a Verry Merry Christmas!!!

Hollie1974
12-01-2004, 08:20 PM

How wonderful!! I am so happy for you!

And, um I want fudge! How do I get to your house!?!? lol ;)
Hollie

zeenababy
12-01-2004, 08:28 PM
This Has To Be The Best Christmas Present For You Nana! I'm Soo Happy For You! Hummm......by The Way....... How Far Away Is Texas? I Think I Smell The Fudge!! Lol

queenangie
12-01-2004, 08:37 PM
Santa Claus is coming early to NC!
We are all soooooo happy for you & your family, Nana!

God Bless you all!
Hugs too!

brooks45
12-01-2004, 08:48 PM
Oh! that is wonderful news!! :D I too am so happy for you nana!!
I seen my son for the first time in 3 months because hes been so busy working but he is moving down south for awhile and he brought some things by to give me..food,,,furniture lol! I told him dont you dare throw anything away.I told him he might need it later! You know how guys are toss it ill buy more! :rolleyes: Anyway when i seen him today i couldnt hug him enough and told him I loved him over and over! cuz he well be gone almost a year before i see him again! Our boys are so special!!! Happy Happy wonderful christmas nana!!

nanajoanie
12-01-2004, 09:06 PM
Thank you for all you wonderful comments about Mur and our soldiers and all the happy messages for my family and YES even the fudge :D I'm going to print this page out probably tomorrow night when I have more time and save it for Mur to read. Too tired tonight.

Nite all - Huggles, Nana

tracyb
12-01-2004, 09:21 PM
OH what a blessing for your family.....expecially at this wonderful time of year!!!!Prayers still with him for a safe journey home into your arms again....big hug your way and one for him too!!!!!!!!!!!

janelle
12-01-2004, 11:25 PM
What wonderful news Joanie!!!!!!! Give him a big hug for all of us and tell him we think he is our hero. I know he will have a wonderful time while home and renewing his wedding vows is great. Happy occasion all around for the whole family. I love Christmas and a wedding too---what could be better? :) :) :)

KeliMom
12-02-2004, 09:36 AM
How great is that news! Give him a big hug and smooch from all of us ladies here! My DH called last night and said they're prob not going to make it home for Christmas, they'll prob be gone to Kuwait by then, their first stop on the way to Iraq. But that's okay, we celebrated already. Happy Holidays everyone! :)

gini0831
12-02-2004, 10:11 AM
nanajoanie-what a wonderful present! Please give Mur our thanks and a big hug. Merry Christmas

MamaFairal
12-02-2004, 10:39 AM
Nana~
What a wonderful Christmas you'll have and i am so glad you right there for it all.
Tell Mur we all appreciate what he does for us :)
And squeeze a huggle in for us...lol

nanajoanie
12-02-2004, 12:40 PM
How great is that news! Give him a big hug and smooch from all of us ladies here! My DH called last night and said they're prob not going to make it home for Christmas, they'll prob be gone to Kuwait by then, their first stop on the way to Iraq. But that's okay, we celebrated already. Happy Holidays everyone! :)

Kuwait is where Mur's "hometent" is. He said it's 'fairly' safe there. They have puters, webcams, a PX about as big as Walmart. You might want to get yourself a webcam if you don't have one. And AOL - IM too chit chat with while you 'see' each other. You will want to look in the other room for him cuz that's how it feels. Prayers for hubbies safety and return stateside soon. Huggles from Mom Joanie

DivineMsDi
12-02-2004, 12:56 PM
Wow, Joanie, just saw this thread! Good news for you and your family.

You should be very proud of your 'soldier boy.' (I bet you know that song....:)

tootiemae
12-02-2004, 03:45 PM
What wonderful news nana... add me to the list for a big hug and a bigger thank you to Mur. I know that you're gonna have a very merry Christmas now. :D :D :D

Oh yeah, I'll help with the fudge if you'll help with all those darn cut-out cookies. LOL

:D Connie