PDA

View Full Version : Use the Deal/Freebie Help Forum!!! Ugh!

PrncsNYC
12-01-2004, 05:23 PM
Ugh! The Deals Forum is for just that, Deals! So many people go there and make posts bc they are *looking* for deals on something or need a code. The Deals Help Forum is for that.

Yes, I have made two posts letting people who might not know about the Deals Help Forum, where to find it, but it seems I broke a rule bc both posts were deleted and no info given as to why.

Yes, I have contacted admin about it as well as a couple other things, but, I have never heard back about any of them.

Please people, we go to the deals forum bc we want to see deals, not requests for help.

Getting off my Soap Box. Let the flames begin... ;)

shoppinqueen
12-01-2004, 05:30 PM
Your posts vanish because you aren't a mod here. We move posts that are posted in the wrong forum over to the right one when we see them, we can't get them all and there's no point in getting all medival on somebody for just posting in the wrong place. thanks for your co-operation and understanding towards the rest of our members.SQ

SAHMom
12-01-2004, 05:31 PM
hmmmm.....wouldn't it just be easier to hit the back button instead of getting bent out of shape over someone posting something in the wrong place??? :confused:

deja
12-01-2004, 05:34 PM
i wish i was as smart as you :rolleyes: must be nice to know everything

edited... 3 day break for being rude, especially AFTER an admin answered the question... Tech

PrncsNYC
12-01-2004, 05:36 PM
Thank you for the explanation Queen. That was all I wanted. I was unaware that we weren't allowed to make suggestions. I didn't do it a mean way, I simply said put a link and that was it.

SAHM, I was venting. I thought that was what this forum was for. I did hit that back button. I never posted in any of the threads saying anything. I made my own thread. Again, I thought that was allowed.

PrncsNYC
12-01-2004, 05:38 PM

lol...i wasn't saying it that way. I never said I know everything. That was why I attempted to help the situation by posting the link bc as I said, I thought people might not know about the forum. If a mod thought I was wrong to try and help, so be it.

PrncsNYC
12-01-2004, 05:45 PM
Your posts vanish because you aren't a mod here. We move posts that are posted in the wrong forum over to the right one when we see them, we can't get them all and there's no point in getting all medival on somebody for just posting in the wrong place. thanks for your co-operation and understanding towards the rest of our members.SQ

I can understand not getting to all of them but there are currently 11 out 32 on the first page that are asking for deals or codes. If there were a sticky at the top of the forum stating that if you want to ask for help go to the help forum, I don't think it would be such an issue. Again, I e-mailed the mods about that idea but of course I never heard so much as a "That is a terrible idea, go away"

How exactly did I get "medival" on anyone? If you saw the 2 posts I made, they were simply a link to the deal help forum that said "If you are looking for deals, please post here:" I didn't say anything rude or put the lovely, "rollyeyes" or anything.

Again, another case of some are allowed to vent and others aren't. Clearly I know which group I belong in.

Technologist
12-01-2004, 06:02 PM
I can understand not getting to all of them but there are currently 11 out 32 on the first page that are asking for deals or codes. If there were a sticky at the top of the forum stating that if you want to ask for help go to the help forum, I don't think it would be such an issue. Again, I e-mailed the mods about that idea but of course I never heard so much as a "That is a terrible idea, go away"

How exactly did I get "medival" on anyone? If you saw the 2 posts I made, they were simply a link to the deal help forum that said "If you are looking for deals, please post here:" I didn't say anything rude or put the lovely, "rollyeyes" or anything.

Again, another case of some are allowed to vent and others aren't. Clearly I know which group I belong in.

I pulled both of your "suggestions"... and as I get time I move posts that are in the wrong forums (which is MY job)... However, as I volunteer my time for this JOB, I can't get all of them...

and feel free to vent and whine as much as you want.... you have now been elevated to that level... welcome to the clique (the clique part of this statement is just a joke...LOL!).

If ANYONE notices something posted in the wrong spot, either hit the back button and ignore, or send a email to support... anything else WILL be misinterpreted by other users as RUDE or something else along those lines...

PrncsNYC
12-01-2004, 06:07 PM
I have said all I needed to say. I vented. Feel free to get rid of this thread.

Tech, you have a PM.

actually, your PM box is full. I no longer wish to be a member here. Things just aren't the way they used to be. Please disable my account.

Thank you.

Technologist
12-01-2004, 06:14 PM
Send the PM, I have room for 1 more....

amysusi
12-01-2004, 06:51 PM
midevil, haven't heard that one in a while, LOL. Didn't know people still got midevil :D

freebielover
12-01-2004, 07:09 PM
I know it is frustrating to try to sort through those threads in the deals forum, the mods must be absolutely overwhelmed with stuff like that. I know my first month here though I didn't know about any other forums besides the deals one, the freebie one didn't even exist then! Its too bad that you won't be a member anymore PrncsNYC as you have given me advice before, and you are a valuable member.

shoppinqueen
12-01-2004, 07:21 PM
Ok folks, here it is,I have a job and a family, my time online is limited, now I can spend that time here trying to weed out spammers,scammers,rip off artists and such or I can spend all my time hunting down misplaced threads.I chose tp spend my time here on things which have potential to hurt our members. Thank you for your understanding. SQ

mistressB
12-30-2004, 04:13 PM

edited... 3 day break for being rude, especially AFTER an admin answered the question... Tech

when is deja being unbanned? it's been well over 3 days

Aloha from paradise
12-30-2004, 04:36 PM
:eek: :eek: I pulled both of your "suggestions"... and as I get time I move posts that are in the wrong forums (which is MY job)... However, as I volunteer my time for this JOB, I can't get all of them...
:eek: :eek: I thought you guys got paid to be a mod! :eek: :eek: You must really like doing this :) I'd like to say a big THANK YOU to all the mods for all you do :D :D