PDA

View Full Version : This is beyond sick

Alura
12-01-2004, 08:06 AM
This is so disgusting. I can't even begin...

FLORIDA
Infant dies as parents binge on cocaine

12/1/2004

BOCA RATON, Fla. (AP) - A month-old baby died while his parents were on a three-day crack cocaine binge that began after Thanksgiving dinner, police said Tuesday.
The cause of death was not immediately clear. Sonia Thomas, 39, and Neal Anthony Bryan, 46, have been charged with child neglect.

Bryan told police he awoke to find that his son, whose name was not released, was on the bed next to him, not wearing a diaper and not breathing, according to a police report.

Thomas told investigators the baby was blue and she ran to the kitchen and sprinkled water on him in an attempt to "get him back." He was pronounced dead at a hospital after the couple called 911.

Thomas said she could not remember when she had last fed the baby because "she was messed up on crack" and tired, the report said. It said the couple admitted smoking about $500 worth of crack cocaine over three days.

Thomas was being held without bail. Bryan was held on $10,000 bail.

ahippiechic
12-01-2004, 08:12 AM
OMG! That's horrible. :(

Njean31
12-01-2004, 08:22 AM
they would make a prime couple for sterlization. how sad :mad:

LuvBigRip
12-01-2004, 08:24 AM
they would make a prime couple for sterlization. how sad :mad:
Very true. How sad this is. There are so many women who desperately want a child, and then you have worthless scum like this who has a child, and has no respect or love for that child.

schsa
12-01-2004, 08:29 AM
As I have said before, we don't value our children. This baby should never have been allowed to leave the hospital with the mother.

firechick
12-01-2004, 08:36 AM
Thats so sick! I am literally in tears over this poor baby who never got a chance. People who do things like this to thier children weather by inent or as they like to say "accidentally" Should get the death penalty like they gave thier child!! Man I hate freeking slimes like this!!
Kelly

DivineMsDi
12-01-2004, 09:38 AM
What a terribly sad story. I guess this doesn't matter, but while she was pregnant, could they tell she was using drugs from the blood tests/urine tests they give you? Didn't this cause anyone to say, "what the heck?" You don't just start on crack...I am sure she had other drugs in her body prior to this.

I still don't understand why God gives abusers babies and good people problems conceiving. :(

tough123
12-01-2004, 10:08 AM
That is so awful! that poor child! I hope those scum never make it out of prison. or may they have an unfortunate "accident". Sorry, this story really got to me.

MamaFairal
12-01-2004, 10:12 AM
This is so disgusting.
Thomas said she could not remember when she had last fed the baby because "she was messed up on crack" and tired, the report said.

OMG forgetting to feed your child :(
This woman deserves everything she gets.....he!! hopefuly

Freebeemom
12-01-2004, 10:25 AM
As I have said before, we don't value our children. This baby should never have been allowed to leave the hospital with the mother.

I totally agree, and would have posted the same thing! How sick! And now, the sad thing is that we, the taxpayers, will be paying for their rehab!

Unbelievable!

deja
12-01-2004, 12:34 PM
it's sad for sure, but i doubt a baby will die from not being fed in 3 days. maybe it died of natural causes like sids or something? $500 doesn't buy a lot of crack these days. i hope she wasn't breast feeding.

DAVESBABYDOLL
12-01-2004, 03:42 PM
The guy was high on crack,baby in bed with him....maybe he rolled over on the poor thing and suffocated him :(

odielover
12-01-2004, 05:33 PM
The guy was high on crack,baby in bed with him....maybe he rolled over on the poor thing and suffocated him :(

I was thinking the exact same thing. That poor baby. I hope they put those two away for life.

Tasha405
12-01-2004, 05:35 PM
Omg! :(

keen9801
12-02-2004, 06:33 AM
Sonia Thomas, 39, and Neal Anthony Bryan, 46, have been charged with child neglect.

Oka not sure if anyone would agree but CHILD NEGLECT???? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Shouldn't there be some type of MURDER charge?? :mad:

Its not like they NEGLECTED him and now he is trying to recover, that poor baby has passed away, I think they should get more then a child neglect charge!! :mad:

And they both equally did the crack why is it that only one is being held without bong? the man can get out on $1000.00 .

chacha
12-02-2004, 06:55 AM
I am sorry to have to say this, but maybe it is better for the baby now. PLEASE DON'T FLAME ME, but now the baby is in a safe place and free of all the pain, abuse, suffering and whatever else it would experience from being with these "people". Who knows how long the baby would have been stuck with them before the state actually stepped in and removed the child from the home. They say everything happens for a reason...

msmom79
12-03-2004, 12:08 AM
How Very Sad,that Child Never Had A Chance.what Were These Parents Thinking.if They Wanted To Binge For 3 Days,why Didnt They Leave The Baby With A Family Member? We Know This Baby Went To Heaven,can We Say They Parents Will? I Hope They Beg For Forgiveness.wow Just To Sad.

YankeeMary
12-03-2004, 04:56 AM
I am sorry to have to say this, but maybe it is better for the baby now. PLEASE DON'T FLAME ME, but now the baby is in a safe place and free of all the pain, abuse, suffering and whatever else it would experience from being with these "people". Who knows how long the baby would have been stuck with them before the state actually stepped in and removed the child from the home. They say everything happens for a reason...

Its so sad that the baby is gone but I have to agree with you here. Obviously the parents didn't give a rats patoot about the baby and would never have given it up for adoption. I have heard stories where crackparents have actually sold their little girls for money for crack. Such a shame. May the poor little baby rest in peace.

***CUPID***
12-10-2004, 08:46 PM
people are just toooooo STUPID

abortions, murder, child neglect, child abuse...................where are the values of life?????

tivaclare
12-11-2004, 10:19 AM
I hope these two go away for a very very long time...Unfortunately, our legal system is screwed...they'll probably get off with some fines, probation and drug rehab. Disgusting.

The regard for human life just keeps decreasing. There are so many excuses as to why we mistreat, ignore, abuse or kill our children...and they are all selfish and only point to how much we think of our OWN lives and not of the lives we created (whether "planned" or not).

If you get pregnant, from the instant of conception, you have created a life and a responsiblity for yourself and your parnter. That's all there is to it.

I get so angry and sick when I hear about things like this. There are so many caring and loving people out there who would take care of these abused children, and the thousands of unborn who are killed...It is frustrating to live in a world so full of selfishness, indifference and hatred.

:mad: