PDA

View Full Version : c-h-a-l-l-e-n-g-e

jaybird
11-24-2004, 07:00 PM
I'm still feeling warm coozies from the incident with the boys yesterday. Reading through the other thread -- made me wonder.

What IF I challenged everyone here to do at least ONE random act of kindness every day, through the holiday weekend? What if it caught on and other people started doing it? What if we did that sort of thing even after the 'holidays?'

So. My challenge to you. Do something for someone else. It doesn't have to cost money. Not all of us have extra money in our wallets to help others out. Simple things. For example, tomorrow. If you're having Thanksgiving dinner at someone else's house, after the meal, shoosh them out of the kitchen, give them a cuppa or glass of wine (or whatever) and YOU clean up the kitchen. Take an extra minute and hold the door for someone, offer to carry someone's packages or groceries.

Okay, before I get long-winded and hokey here...ya'll get the gist of it.

Tag. You're it.

evrita
11-24-2004, 07:08 PM
Does it count that someone was at the drug store and didnt have enough money for their perscription so I gave the money needed?

jaybird
11-24-2004, 07:23 PM
ABSOLUTELY! And you know, that might have been important medication, life-saving. What a nice thing to have done!!!

nanajoanie
11-24-2004, 09:15 PM
I always open doors to stores for anyone, especially the elderly or Mom's with little ones. I've even been known to pay for the next person in line at fast food places if they "look" needy to me. I have made afgans and driven to shelters and personally handed them to someone and run away as fast as I can. I don't do it for the thanks. The smiles on the faces are all I need. It's a real warm fuzzy :) The folks get a meal or a blanket/afgan that is gone in no time but I get to remember a smile forever.

Jolie Rouge
11-24-2004, 09:43 PM
During this busy holiday season, I like to buy Hershey kisses and make up little bags with a tag that read "Thank You -- You Deserve a Big Kiss" and give them to the clerks and salespeople who are working so hard ! It is unbelievable the diffence something so little can make !

Great idea, Birdy !

Kyla Kym
11-25-2004, 01:12 AM
Take an extra minute and hold the door for someone, offer to carry someone's packages or groceries.

That's just everyday life for me. I would do hand stands for them if it means they will spend their hard earned money in my store! :D I've been in retail way to long! LOL :rolleyes:

YankeeMary
11-26-2004, 06:55 PM
I gave a lady at the mall today a gift card for $10.00 for Bath and Beauty, she was thrilled. Not much but it felt good. I thanked everyone that waited on me today, for working today...they all said awwww.

baragabrat
11-26-2004, 08:25 PM
I'm still feeling warm coozies from the incident with the boys yesterday. Reading through the other thread -- made me wonder.

What IF I challenged everyone here to do at least ONE random act of kindness every day, through the holiday weekend? What if it caught on and other people started doing it? What if we did that sort of thing even after the 'holidays?'

So. My challenge to you. Do something for someone else. It doesn't have to cost money. Not all of us have extra money in our wallets to help others out. Simple things. For example, tomorrow. If you're having Thanksgiving dinner at someone else's house, after the meal, shoosh them out of the kitchen, give them a cuppa or glass of wine (or whatever) and YOU clean up the kitchen. Take an extra minute and hold the door for someone, offer to carry someone's packages or groceries.

Okay, before I get long-winded and hokey here...ya'll get the gist of it.

Tag. You're it.

This is great........to get folks to think about anything we can do for another, no matter how big or how small. But, speaking only for myself , it doesn't mean as much if I tell others what I did. So whatever I do, I will keep to myself and only my friend and I will know. And that's enough for me. :)

badswife
11-26-2004, 08:33 PM
nanajoanie, I have read some of your comments lately in a few of my posts and some others and you seem like just the nicest person! It is hard to find people that are genuinely nice these days!

KATinKY
11-26-2004, 09:03 PM
ok, my turn, I sent a calling card to someone in need from BBS and I also volunteered to help in the secret santa for 2 kids from BBS and today I also recorded a movie for a neighbor who just had back surgery and is bedrested for a little while and has no cable in her room she is in. So I did my good deeds for today, right?

nanajoanie
11-27-2004, 07:54 AM
nanajoanie, I have read some of your comments lately in a few of my posts and some others and you seem like just the nicest person! It is hard to find people that are genuinely nice these days!

What a nice thing to say. I say you just did a good deed for an old lady :) I just find it takes less energy to be nice and smile than mean and frown :)