PDA

View Full Version : HO HO HO....WE Need your help!! come on Secret SANTAS!!

shellysms
11-24-2004, 09:35 AM
Hello everyone!!!
we really need some help....WE would really like to help our fellow BBS friends and their kids for christmas!!! We have requests for help with close to 20 kids so far...and only 4 secret santas!!! Anything would really help...even if you can only send one item for your kid..that would help. If you can't shop...but have some extra paypal..amazon...ANYTHING...we can do the shopping and send it out for you!!! If you only have $5 paypal...we can make it work with that!! We just want to atleast try to send one gift per a child. I really think we could make this work..we just need some more help. Can you do that? If so, please email me at shellysms@hotmail.com or PM me. Thanks so much!!! If I don't email you back right away...I'm on vacation in WV but keep checking back often. Thanks so much!!!

thedragonlady
11-24-2004, 05:49 PM
Hi Shelly,
I got a $10.00 Amazon certificate in the mail the other day. I don't remember doing a survey for it. I don't shop at Amazon so you can have it for the kids. Sorry it's not more. If you want it, PM me with an address to send it to you because it's an actual paper certificate. Pamela

DAVESBABYDOLL
11-24-2004, 07:51 PM
Make that over 30 kids.

We need santa's

I emailed you Shelly. Clean your pm box :)

tracyb
11-24-2004, 09:33 PM
how much are you having to spend on the gift?

DAVESBABYDOLL
11-25-2004, 03:43 PM
This is just my opinion, and you can take it for what it's worth.. lol

I think you'd have a better chance of getting people to agree to be a Santa if you'd set a limit.. say a $10-$15 gift..plus the shipping cost... and perhaps specify that you are asking for the Santas to send ONE gift per child, rather than people thinking they are going to have to do a whole box full of stuff for someone if they agree to help. You might even want to make it a $5-$10 gift since there are so many kids. I know I had to ask questions before I was willing to sign up to help.. and personally, if I thought I was going to have to do a whole box of stuff, I couldn't afford to help.

It is one gift PER child.What the santa wants to spend is up to them,but $5-$10 is good,these kids will be happy with anything.

DAVESBABYDOLL
11-25-2004, 03:44 PM
how much are you having to spend on the gift?

$5-10 but it is up to the santa.It is one gift per child.

shellysms
11-25-2004, 05:22 PM
dragonlady..that would be great!!!! Thank so much!!

Edited. For your own safety, please don't post personal information on the forums.

Really...thanks so much!!!

If anyone else would like to help out....it would be appreciated.... :)
EVERYONE that is helping..thanks so much...we are getting more helpers..and that's exactly what we need...YES...if you can afford only 1 gift...that would be great!!! You guys are the best!!
AND YES...i emptied out my PM box...Thanks!! :)

Hi Shelly,
I got a $10.00 Amazon certificate in the mail the other day. I don't remember doing a survey for it. I don't shop at Amazon so you can have it for the kids. Sorry it's not more. If you want it, PM me with an address to send it to you because it's an actual paper certificate. Pamela

KATinKY
11-26-2004, 02:08 PM
I will do two kids, if you need me too.
bethsuiterky@hotmail.com

shellysms
11-26-2004, 03:25 PM
Katinky..that would be great...we could sure use your help!!!

tracyb
11-26-2004, 03:30 PM
if i decided to do this when would i get the info

DAVESBABYDOLL
11-26-2004, 04:02 PM
I will do two kids, if you need me too.
bethsuiterky@hotmail.com

I pm'd you!! Woo-Hoo thanks!!

tracyb I can give you info on kid/s tonight! :) pm'd you also

renhal
11-28-2004, 11:34 PM
I am needing to talk to shellysms

JLJFOREVER
11-29-2004, 07:00 AM
I Pmed You Shelly

shellysms
11-29-2004, 12:56 PM
thanks too everyone that has been involved in this... We've rec'd the suggestions about the price tag of the gifts and other info and we appreciate it. We have been really lucky with having so many great santa helpers this year. You guys are the best!!!

renhal
11-29-2004, 09:44 PM
Is there anyone out there that can help my kids. I have a 12 year old son with heart conditions and 3 other kids. Ages 12, will be 11 on Dec. 14th, 9, and 5 to be 6 in 3 months. It's going to be a rough Christmas. Can someone help my kids with just a present for this Christmas? Feel free to email me at renhal@hotmail.com with any questions. Thank you :(

EDITED to add..... user is no longer a user... check title under name! TECH

justinenycole26
11-30-2004, 03:17 AM
Is there anyone out there that can help my kids. I have a 12 year old son with heart conditions and 3 other kids. Ages 12, will be 11 on Dec. 14th, 9, and 5 to be 6 in 3 months. It's going to be a rough Christmas. Can someone help my kids with just a present for this Christmas? Feel free to email me at renhal@hotmail.com with any questions. Thank you :(

So far you have posted this on at least one other board and on Freecycle as well. Let's see how much stuff we can get people to send us by flooding the 'net with our sob story!

DAVESBABYDOLL
11-30-2004, 04:47 AM
I posted that I won't/can't accept any members kids who just sign up this month.There is no way to know if there is a need or just a want.

If you have posted for help elsewhere,maybe someone on the other boards you posted this on can help.Sorry.

redrig
11-30-2004, 06:28 AM
DBD and shellysms, I hope you're both blessed with health and happiness for pulling this together for the kids. You gals ROCK!!!!

KATinKY
11-30-2004, 11:28 AM
bumping back up...:)