PDA

View Full Version : synthroid help... questions...im new at this.

sahmsfreeb
11-23-2004, 06:13 AM
anyone on it? i started it last saturday and i would swear i am loosing sleep.. i wake up in the middle of the night and stay awake for hours...

is this the synthroid or me?
i am on 25 mg. daily.. for the rest of my life for a stupid thyroid... i am still waiting for full test to be back etc...
endo said i have either hypo thyroid or graves disease...

i do feel more energetic.. i am not so depressed and the hot flashes are gone...

but i need sleep.... right now i cant type... and i need to go to the store and a meeting later...

freeplease
11-23-2004, 07:31 AM
I've been on it for almost nine years. You may need your dosage adjusted. A simple blood test will tell. Try and put yourself in a relaxed mode before bed. No caffeine, get the noise level down, and this is the fun one...try to relax.

When do you take your pill? I take mine in the morning, and it seems to work better for me. By bedtime, I'm sooo ready to sleep. Maybe you're taking it too close to bed. I tried taking it at night, and it didn't work for me. Just a thought.

Eyore
11-23-2004, 07:36 AM
insomnia is listed as a side effect

http://www.drugs.com/Synthroid/

Check this out it may help you save a little money.
http://www.synthroidcoupon.com/

DivineMsDi
11-23-2004, 08:34 AM
((HUGS)) from your buddy...

sahmsfreeb
11-23-2004, 08:39 AM
ty all...

i am so new at this..

i have a dr.s appointment december 2nd...
i want to give the drug and my body time to adjust...

i take the pill at 730 am when i get up eith the kids...

i am going to cut back on caffine...i am a soda person and i will not have a soda after 3ish then...

(i still need it to function with all of the kids activities... etc.. )
i always was a heavy caffine drinker...

its killing me that i wake up at 2 am for no reason and then cant gget back to sleep..

i am a hyper sleepy woman now... its not pretty..

i still go to bed at 1130 pm... uhg...........................

ty for all the support!

ps i wonder if 25 mg is too much.. but then again i think 25 mg is the lowest pill size... i wonder if it can be cut in half??? i so wish i had the time to call the doctor i am so busy with everything this week... ty again ladies!

intrigued
11-23-2004, 09:17 AM
Don't adjust the meds yourself. Let the Dr do that if necessary. I have always taken it in the mornings as well. I have been on it for 7 years almost 8. I have hypo so by taking the med it speeds up my matabolism.

ntgsmommy
11-23-2004, 09:25 AM
I'm in the same boat with all the rest of you..I have hypo..and depression..I take lexapro on top of the synthroid pill..talk about a sleepy woman! LOL..anyway, it's best to take it in the morning,,BEFORE you eat anything, or two hours after a meal...that's what my medication bottle says..good luck...I know what you are going through :)

pinkgeeni
11-23-2004, 10:19 AM
i think 25 is nothing, i have been taking 75 mg in the morning for 2 years now. any hormone tablet takes some time to adjust to our body, some take weeks and some a month. but don't worry just forget u r taking any medication. soon it be a part of ur daily routine and u will forget all about it.
all the best
sri

schsa
11-23-2004, 02:10 PM
Ok, I have the topper. I take 1.75 mg's and have for over 20 years. I have not problems and in fact it has made my skin look so much better. It shouldn't make you either hyper or tired. Low thyroid will make you tired. Synthroid is not an expensive drug but do not change drugs to a generic without speaking to your doctor. There are a ton of new generics on the market and I wouldn't trust a single one.

sahmsfreeb
11-23-2004, 05:24 PM
i will not complain about 25 mgs.. i will not complain about 25 mgs... :o :o :o :o :p lol

wow!1.75!!!!!! :eek:
agast is the word for me... wow! :eek:

i have felt hyper for days now.. :confused: :eek: :) when i was sleeping in bed all day... :( :( :(

do they hypers go away anytime soon? lol...
i also haven eaten much... 3 small meals is all i want.. is that normal too? i used to eat several small villages a day! ;) :D
uhg :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: i am so new to this thyroid business... i felt alone.. that is for sure.. but seeing all the post ..... i do feel better.. not so alone anymore... :D :D

id never fool around with any meds... i would never cut my dose.. but i do plan on calling the doctor after the holiday... (im in pa and nj until sunday!) im gonna tell her what im going through...

TY ALL!

Army-Mom
11-23-2004, 05:53 PM
I am also on thyroid pills, the first day that I took it I felt like I could run around the block about five times. Now I am used to it, I have been taking them for about 10 years..
It will get better..I was told to take it with water and take it before I ate anything..
Marcia :)