PDA

View Full Version : My poor cat...

EgHunny
11-21-2004, 01:06 AM
I am so upset right now... My cat is 16 yrs old... He is so full of life all the time, beating up my little dog, that when I found him tonight it almost killed me...

I think he fell and broke his hip. He cannot walk on his own. Ever since I found him like that tonight, I have been in non stop tears.

LunaChick
11-21-2004, 04:43 AM
Awww I'm so sorry about your kitty. :( I had a cat that broke her hip. She was casted and she healed perfectly. The vet should be able to help him out.

Eyore
11-21-2004, 07:24 AM
Let us know what the vet says. I have a older cat and she does have a bad leg. Something happened to her as a kitten. When she walks you have to look hard she doesn't walk correctly and has a hard time cleaning that leg. Anyway, a few years ago she just laying down and couldn't stay on her leg. I was in tears as well. I layed her in her bed and shortly after that she was in bed with me. I checked her and made her walk and she was fine. I think she dislocated her leg or something. So maybe that is all it is with your cats leg.

LitWtch
11-21-2004, 07:45 AM
It could ever be possible that it had a stroke or a blood clot lodged somewhere. I hope that this is not the case, but at that age, it is likely.

LunaChick
11-21-2004, 08:27 AM
It could ever be possible that it had a stroke or a blood clot lodged somewhere. I hope that this is not the case, but at that age, it is likely.

That happened to one of my older cats. One second he was fine, the other, he was panting heavily and dragging his back legs. He had a stroke. He was 12 when that happened.

Ludi815
11-21-2004, 08:58 AM
I understand your pain-I had a wonderfull little man (my dog named Clarence) he was just 6 months old and died of parvo a month ago-I was a first time dog owner and did not know he could die of it. I still cry-I cried last night I miss him so much. We connected-ya know????

Well I went and bought a dog-a 4 month old pomeranian-from a good breeder-papers and all-well the vet sais he has a significant heart murmur and will probably not grow out of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

About 8 months ago-my sweet sweet sweet Smokey (my cat of three years) was pounced to death by two dogs-I heard her scream in the middle of the night and it sounded like a little girl screaming-I will never forget it!!!!!

I almost died when I lost my little Clarence-I cannot lose my Ty (the pom) TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have a vet appointment tomorrow morning for a second opinion-lets hope it goes well!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for listening everybody!!!

Your kitty will be fine-it has a loving Mommy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some animals have to be alone with pain-at least yours has someone loving to take care of it-like my Clarence-he did not die alone!!!! ok gotta stop-gonna cry-

Sorry I took up so much room.

Chiizii
11-21-2004, 11:00 AM
Sending {{{{\0/}}}, prayers and a soft hanker-kerchief for your tears. I will keep you both in my thoughts.

In May I found my cat having seizures and we had to put him down. The world just isn't the same without him running around. It tears your heart out when our fur-buddies are not themselves or hurting.

Ludi815
11-21-2004, 11:46 AM
Thank you and dont forget TY

iluvmybaby
11-21-2004, 12:12 PM
:( I am so sorry to hear about your cat, that is awful! Please PM me or email me at iluvmybaby2004 @ hotmail.com if you need to chat, as you saw from the pictures your printed for me I am a big cat lover, so I am deepily sympathetic ((my animals ARE part of my family)) I am online right now if you need to talk

Shann
11-21-2004, 02:54 PM
{{{{hugs}}}} I'm so sorry this has happened. Please keep us updated and let us know what the vet says. It is sooooooooo hard to lose a pet. In June we had to put to sleep my 10 yr old cat b/c of a brain tumor and it is still hard to accept she's gone. I honestly believed I would have many more years w/ her b/c 10 is NOT old for a cat. :( :( :( If you need anyone to cry w/ let me know, I'll be here. :(

mlayton1994
11-22-2004, 05:44 AM
((hugs)). I have three cats of my own. Me and dh dont have any children so they are like kids to us. In fact Samantha is sitting in my lap as I type.

Eyore
12-11-2004, 09:33 PM
Hope you don't mind me asking but how is your cat doing? Hope he is better.

JKATHERINE
12-12-2004, 04:08 AM
If you look under her name, it says 'account removed at members request'

Just thought you might like to know why you probably won't get a response :)

Eyore
12-12-2004, 07:48 AM
If you look under her name, it says 'account removed at members request'

Just thought you might like to know why you probably won't get a response :)

OK thanks, I didn't see that when I posted.

wubbywa
12-12-2004, 08:47 AM
I dont get it why would she remove herself and leave everyone hanging?

Victorious
12-12-2004, 10:42 AM
She just posted yesterday at 04:00 PM in the Christmas Ornament Exchange thread... :confused:

sahmsfreeb
12-12-2004, 05:33 PM
a pet can eventually feel like a child to us...
we know that their lives are short.. but they give us such unconditional love and devotion...

i have a 13 year old cat.. i love her dearly.. i have 2 children 6 and 8 who will be tramatized when she passes... thank fully tanya is spry and fine..

i so feel your pain....

keep us posted...