PDA

View Full Version : I know this isn't Pc so if it bothers you don' read---tell us about your whoopings.

janelle
11-20-2004, 09:13 PM
LOL :D

Only my mother would spank us. Our dad would spank the boys but not lay a hand on me and my sister. My mother used a yard stick or ruler. It left a red mark on my legs or arms but not for long.

I use to run away from her and get under the bed. I would say "I love you mommy, I love you mommy" while she was trying to hit me under the bed. That is why it had to be a yardstick.

She made a big production when she spanked. I think it was mostly to scare us than to spank us. I learned to go to my room when I got into trouble. I thought they would miss me---boy was I wrong. Now I know that is just the place I belonged and my mother loved it when I stomped off to my room. LOL

I didn't have TV or anything, I did have my toys but I mostly pouted on the bed feeling sorry for myself. They would be sorry when I was dead kind of thing. Kids stuff. :D :D

janelle
11-20-2004, 09:22 PM
I'm talking about spankings and whoopings. No stories about beatings please. We all know the difference.

If you can laugh about it when you grew up you got a spanking not a beating.

laughsalot
11-20-2004, 09:26 PM
lol, yep I got whooped! My momma used a thin belt. Lord have mercy I hated seeing that thing come out. I cant remember being whipped a lot but I can remember that it about killed me if I thought I had let her down or if I could see that I hurt her. That was punishment enough for me, just her look. I can never remember my Dad whippin me.

One time I stabbed my sister with a pencil in the arm and my Grandmother who I loved more than anything in this world whipped me and lord it just about killed me it hurt my feelings so bad. :(

Eyore
11-20-2004, 09:30 PM
When I was real little and did something bad my mom would come after me. I would take off running and she would be running behind me trying to catch me. When she caught me she would say now you get two switchings one for what I did wrong and one for running from her. She always used switches and would switch our legs. My brother and sister were older than me and if they did something wrong they had to go out and pick the switches that she would use. If they weren't good switches she would go get them and that meant she picked good ones. I can remember laughing when they got switched and then she would say to me do you want to be next?
My dad rarely spanked us his name was John and if I would be doing something wrong he would ask me if I wanted a talk with Big John, that was his belt. Of course the answer was always no I didn't want a talk with Big John.
I was never beat by my parents though.

buttrfli
11-20-2004, 09:32 PM
I think the worst whoopin I got was from my grandma.... I have always been bigger than her since I was in the 3rd grade (shes a tiny woman lol) but one time she took my sister and I to TG&Y (gawd I'm old!) and they used to have those tiny little glass animals and I wanted one REAL bad. I asked for it, she said no... so I SCREAMED and I screamed, and if I remember right I called her a few names... she ignored the entire thing paying no attention.

When we got to her house, she told my sister to go play in the yard... I knew right then I was in for it. She busted my butt with a yard stick and she cried the entire time .... I NEVER got out of line with her ever again LOL

My dad never spanked us, but my mom sure did... I think she learned her tenique from my gramma LMAO!

shoppinqueen
11-20-2004, 09:38 PM
I still have a dent just above my left ear from where my mother just to give me the upside of the head cuff with the side of her hand.

Starr_79
11-20-2004, 09:48 PM
My mom would whoop my sister and I with my dad's belt. My dad's belt was always kept in his dresser. Here is how it went when one of us got into trouble :
Mom : "Go get your dad's belt!"
Then which ever one of us was in trouble would go slowly walking around the house, pretending to look all over for it. After a few minutes we would come back.
Us : "I can't find it."
Mom : "Did you look in your dad's dresser?"
Us : "No."
Mom : "Go look there."
Then we got our whoopin. LOL! We did it EVERY single time. I guess we just kept hoping she would forget where the belt was! :D

Can I add to the question???
I am wondering if you all thought spankings were an effective punishment. I don't think they were. It never stopped us from doing whatever we were in trouble for.
The WORST punishment I ever got? Time out! LOL! Seriously. "Time out" wasn't really a thing when I was growing up, but one time my mom made me sit with my nose in the corner. I still remember that to this day, and it was the worst punishment ever!

janelle
11-20-2004, 09:49 PM
My mother learned to cut the buckle off her strap when she hit my older brother in the head with it. She used a strap but prefered the yard stick. Broke some too using them. They were not good ones obviously. LOL :D

We about drove her crazy at times.

ahippiechic
11-20-2004, 10:20 PM
My grandfather got too angry when he gave whippings with his belt, so we'll not go there, but Grandmother was always carrying a huge switch, off the peach tree in the backyard. If you saw her with it, you'd think she was evil. Trouble was, she threatened with it a lot more than she used it.

She did use it sometimes tho. I wanted to go fishing one day, (we had a pond behind the house) and no one would take me, so I got a pole and went by myself and didn't tell anyone. I was about 4 or 5. My grandmother got to looking for me, couldn't find me, then saw me down by the pond by myself. She snuck up on me and the next thing I knew, she was stripping the backs of my legs with her switch. I didn't realize that old woman could run that fast! :eek: I threw the pole in the pond, and ran toward the house, but every other time my feet hit the ground, she was right behind, getting me across the legs. She told me later that she had been mad AND scared, my being gone, then seeing my by the water by myself, knowing I couldn't swim. That whipping worked, I never went to the pond again by myself til I was old enough. :D

And not long after that, my older cousin put me up to telling my Grandmother the "F": word. And I did. She was washing dishes and I came in and said it to her. She asked me "what did you say?" So I said it again. She smacked me in the mouth the wet dish cloth she was using! Then she went out and found my cousin and switched him too. :D I was grown before she heard that word out of my mouth again.

My bad belt whippings I got from my Grandfather never made me any better. I still did the same things. They just made me madder and want to get back at him. Taking things away worked on me, I could be good as gold to get priviledges back. :D

janelle
11-20-2004, 10:30 PM
My hubby said his aunt told him to go get a switch. To spank him of course but he didn't know what she was talking about. He thought a switch was a light switch. His parents never used that word. Or she told him she would box his ears. He thought she was going to put his ears in a box. Or at least he pretended he was ignorant. LOL Probably got out of lots of spankings by going HUH? :D

MamaFairal
11-20-2004, 10:59 PM
My father used to "put us across the couch"
you leaned across the couch and got a smack with his belt.......man just thinking about it brings back bad memories :(

janelle
11-21-2004, 12:43 AM
My hubby's last spanking by his mother occured when he turned around and poped her on the behind. LOL She never tried to spank him after that. But he was 6 feet tall in eighth grade so he got too old to spank.

But my SIL who is only a tiny thing around 5' 3" had two of her boys lay down on the bed so she could whip them with a belt. They got her so mad. They towered over her but she said she was still their mother and they were going to mind.

Funny how most spankings occur when our parents are trying to get us to stop hitting our sibs LOL. My brother couldn't walk pass me without pulling my hair or hitting me. Took me a long time before I stopped flinching when a guy walked pass me. I did it with my hubby when I first met him but he would never tease me like that---at least he knows he better not. :eek:

shelhop
11-21-2004, 01:59 AM
My dad never spanked us, that I recall. But mom used to spank us, and quite frankly, she was no good at it. We used to pretend to cry so she'd cut it out. Learned to stomp on our own toes so we looked like there was some pain involved. My sister and I laugh about it now.
My husband and his siblings talk about their whoopin's. There were 12 kids in the family, and their dad ruled with an iron fist. Well to make a long story short, when one got it, they all got it. They had to line up, all 12 of them. Anyhow, they had one sister that would always run and carry on when her turn came. Just made dad madder, and the madder he got, the worse it hurt. The kids got so they'd make that sister wait until last, so they didn't get the wrath of her panic.

justme23
11-21-2004, 04:05 AM
I only got one spanking (rest was beatins)... I was staying w/ my most favorite aunt and I took off down the street when I was supposed to be playin in the back yard... she started hollerin for me and she had this REALLY steep drive way (I remember when I was little I thought the car would tip over backwards it was so steep)... she grabbed my arm and spanked my butt all the way up that drive way... which was hard to walk up... it broke my heart that I upset her!

My momma, I used to love hearin her tell stories about my grandmother... she was a 'if you don't fess up you all get whoopins' kind of momma... and of course, no one ever fessed up... she never yelled tho, they knew they were in trouble when she got to whisperin and if it got to where you could barely hear her, you knew you were in for it. She's swatted my hiney a couple times, but us grandkids knew from the time we could understand... if memaw starts whisperin, you better go sit down, be quiet and stop touchin whatever it was you were messin w/!

jedmatters
11-21-2004, 04:49 AM
None. My parents did not believe in hitting for any reason.
I feel the same way with mine. We do not hit them either.

Angel Lips
11-21-2004, 06:59 AM
none here either, my parents never grounded me or spanked me, I was actually a fairly good child. Never got caught up in the drugs or smoking or underage drinking scene and i made good grades.

flute
11-21-2004, 06:59 AM
I got spanked when I was little.
Mom would get mad.
She would tell dad to spank me. He did.
With his belt.
Mom swears it was only a hand ful of times (and only after something that could've hurt me or sis..)

but I surely remember it! He'd always take us in the basement. Dont' know why. (don't read anything into that, it was just spankings)
And, he'd always apologize later.

I've also swatted Isabel on the bottom before.
Only with my hand, & only hard enough to let her know I'm upset with her behavior.
And, only when she knows better. That child is so smart. She knows what MOMMY'S medicine is, but she got into it one day. (she didn't get a spanking over that, but that's just to show you how smart she is)

gwens29
11-21-2004, 07:51 AM
my mother had 7 kids i was the baby i got away with a whole lot but there was times i would get a whoopin lol and usually it was with a switch and left whelps on my legs , arms, back etc i never got things took away though and once i was being a total pain and in the kitchen floor grabbing her legs crying my eyes out wanting something while my mom was doing dishes i was like 13 or so and she took all she could take i guess and let go with that wet wash cloth and slapped me a few times lol well i took out of the kitchen fast lol i also remember her using a fly swat once or twice ...looking back now i can understand why she did it i have 2 kids and know how they make me feel at times i cant imagine have 7 she was a wonderful mother :) my dad never spanked me but my mom and he divorced when i was 4 so i never saw him much my older brothers almost twice my age would slap me every now and then lol

zeenababy
11-21-2004, 08:06 AM
Let me tell you a story... when I was growing up, my parents never spanked me. They scolded & lectured, but never spanked. Then one day, my best friend, whose father always spanked, & I got into a huge argument over barbies. I was around 6 or 7 years old. We exchanged uglies & tried our best to hurt each others feelings, as children often do. I remember clearly that I screamed at her "Your father hits you cause he hates you! MY PARENTS DONT HIT ME!!!!" Well she ran home & that was that. We didn"t speak for a few days, then as soon as she had the opportunity, she came up to me and said "My Daddy says he spanks me because he LOVES me and wants me to grow up right!" and walked away. THIS statement left a very lasting impression on me, even to this day. From that day foward I tried everything imaginable to get my parents to spank me. I became rebellious, talking back, loud music (much to my moms dispare), lowering my grades, even to the point of using drugs (a few years later) to try to get thier attention. Still they never spanked! Time wore on & eventually I married & had my own children always promising myself they would be LOVED. I did spank my children, always with my hand & always on thier butts. Then I went on to lecture and make sure they knew why the were being disaplend. I am proud to say my dd's are older now (I stopped spanking when they were 6 or 7) and they have NEVER given me any problems at all. My mother found out about what my best friend had told me a just few years ago, she cried & cried asking me why I hadn't told her anything then and the truth was she never asked. There is a lesson to be learned here. :rolleyes:

nanajoanie
11-21-2004, 09:08 AM
My worst whooping was when I was in 3rd grade. I had been snooping in my folks bedroom and found the neatest box of balloons. I took them to school and passed them out to my friends. Boy did they blow up big :D The teacher called Mom and the brown stuff hit the fan. The teacher and my Mom were old school chums. When I got home, Mom actually spanked me besides the regular yelling. And the "just wait til your Dad gets home" while sitting on the bed waiting for him to come home. Well I got the whooping of the century with the belt. He always buckled it first and slapped it across the doorway a few times. Made my heart race 85 mph. Then "OK Joanie, roll over butt up". Smack about 3 times. It was for snooping in their bedroom. To this day I have never snooped anywhere, not a drawer, a medicine cabinet, a closet, not even the kids rooms.

Sure do miss Mom and Dad. They did their best to raise us 3 kids to be responsible, loving, honest.

janelle
11-21-2004, 09:38 AM
My worst whooping was when I was in 3rd grade. I had been snooping in my folks bedroom and found the neatest box of balloons. I took them to school and passed them out to my friends. Boy did they blow up big :D The teacher called Mom and the brown stuff hit the fan. The teacher and my Mom were old school chums. When I got home, Mom actually spanked me besides the regular yelling. And the "just wait til your Dad gets home" while sitting on the bed waiting for him to come home. Well I got the whooping of the century with the belt. He always buckled it first and slapped it across the doorway a few times. Made my heart race 85 mph. Then "OK Joanie, roll over butt up". Smack about 3 times. It was for snooping in their bedroom. To this day I have never snooped anywhere, not a drawer, a medicine cabinet, a closet, not even the kids rooms.

Sure do miss Mom and Dad. They did their best to raise us 3 kids to be responsible, loving, honest.

LOL Joanie. Bet those kid's parent loved you. They had some explaining to do with those "ballons". LMHOROF. :D :D

nanajoanie
11-21-2004, 09:47 AM
LOL Joanie. Bet those kid's parent loved you. They had some explaining to do with those "ballons". LMHOROF. :D :D

I had told my adult kids about this balloon stuff. Well for Christmas one year Mur gave Tice a box of 'glow in the dark' condoms and said don't get my Mom 'with child' :D We had already been married a few years. Was so funny.

Nanc952
11-21-2004, 12:48 PM
My parents never did spank but my Mom bless her was abused as a child.

Her Mother would beat her so bad that she has passed out in the yard and lay there till her older brothers would slip out at night and carry her in the house. Yes, my grandmaother was a evil person and should have been put away.

janelle
11-21-2004, 02:31 PM
That's horrible but that is a beating and in this day I hope something like that would get reported. The neighbors had to see.

This is about spankings so lets not bring up beatings. That is for another thread with help in how to report people added.

If you were spanked then you can now laugh about it. Kids know how to push their parents buttons and it can be funny.

I know you have to be careful now cause the kid will dial 911 and it's embassesing. LOL Back when my brother was little he would call our grandma and tattle on our mom. Her mother would tell him to put her on the phone and tell her to let him have his own way. Yes, he was spoiled. He was the only child until he was eight. My mother couldn't get pregnant for awhile for some reason even they didn't understand. But then they had three more. :)

Actually she had him at home and the doc let her stay in labor all day and night. He finally took my brother the next day with forceps and tore her up. She had ulcers and had then treated with colbalt for awhile. I think it had something to do with her not getting pregnant but worked itself out. Oh the good old days with midwives and having babies at home with quack doctors. The midwife should have taken over and delivered my brother hours before the doc decided to on his own schedule. :rolleyes:

---------------