PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone own a treadmill---I have a ?

janelle
11-20-2004, 08:56 PM
I just walked a mile on mine but it's used so it may not be posting the right numbers. It took me half an hour of walking fast and slow to walk a mile. Does that sound about right?

MelanieAnn
11-20-2004, 09:00 PM
Sounds like it may be off?

I don't know, if I'm going 2mph it is a very very slow pace. I usually go 3mph, which takes 20 minutes, and is a fast-paced walk (for me anyway).

buttrfli
11-20-2004, 09:09 PM
takes me about 30 minutes to go 1 mile.... i go at a slow pace though.. for now anyhow :D

Angel Lips
11-21-2004, 07:13 AM
i think it might be off, I walk 3 1/2 miles in an hour n half

fjp999
11-21-2004, 11:57 AM
Really depends what you call slow...med...fast.

most people walk at a stroll (like in a park for a restful walk) at about 1.5 miles per hour average.

average quick walk is around 2 - 3 miles per hour.

I walk with my bike that has a speedometer and notice that my quick walk is about 3.5 - 4 mph on average. but kids make fun of me when I do my quick walk because it is pretty fast.

Not really important if your doing a specific distance anyways. More importante is that you are slightly out of breath - can still hold a conversation but a little out of breath. Also continuing for a specific amount of time is much more important than distance. you rarely start to burn fat until about 30 - 40 mins and when doing more will continue to burn for a time after.

frank

PrncsNYC
11-21-2004, 12:30 PM
takes me 12-15 minutes to do a mile...but everyone is different.

janelle
11-22-2004, 12:27 AM
i think it might be off, I walk 3 1/2 miles in an hour n half

You walk on your treadmill for one and a half hours??? How do you do that? Isn't it boring? My legs would fall off. LOL

My treadmill says burn fat when I walk fast so I walk slow at first to warm up and then walk in the fat burn range for most of the time then slower for the end and cool down.

Shann
11-22-2004, 12:33 AM
I think I usually went on the speed of 3.5 mph and it would take 17 mins for me to walk a mile. It's been awhile though since mine got left back w/ my mom until I can get a big vehicle to bring the rest of my stuff to me. :)

NiteQueen
11-22-2004, 12:57 AM
when i use my moms i walked about a 7 and it takes me about 20 min to walk a mile..........i think everyone is different

the one at the y takes about half hour to walk a mile on 7