PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate Factory???

badswife
11-19-2004, 08:56 PM
I ordered the Chocolate Factory candy making thing. Anyone have one? And does it work well? Can't wait to try it out!

nanajoanie
11-19-2004, 09:47 PM
Haven't a clue what the Chocllate Factory candy making thing is. Surely it came with instructions. Please let us know how it worked.

fatesfaery
11-19-2004, 09:52 PM
I worked for one of the companies that processes orders for this. While I never got many calls for orders...I also never got any complaints.

nanajoanie
11-19-2004, 10:03 PM
What kind of candy is this machine suppose to make?

fatesfaery
11-19-2004, 10:05 PM
This is the description from asseenontv.com

Is your dessert so boring, it?s left your family snoring? Not any more. Introducing The Chocolate Factory. The fun, easy way to turn ordinary desserts into extraordinary! Just place in store-bought chocolate, select your favorite treat, then simply dip it, dink it, fill it or pour it. Regular pots can burn chocolate. But chocolate factory?s double boiler is two pans in one. The bottom heats water while the top quickly melts chocolate into a smooth and creamy sensation. You?ll receive a Dipping Spoon which is perfect for nuts, candies or succulent strawberries. You?ll also receive the Dipping Fork which is ideal for pretzels, bananas, or mouthwatering macaroons. And the kids will love the designer molds. Snow men during the holidays; dark chocolate flowers for a bridal shower; American flags for the 4th of July. Even Teddy Bears and fancy sea shells.

Includes:

Double Boiler
Dipping Spoon
Dipping Fork
Perfect Pour Bottle
25 Lollipop Sticks
25 Ties
25 wraps
Dip and Pour Ladle
7 Custom Chocolate Molds
Recipe Guide

Features:

Make those delicious Deserts from your Own home!
All the tools you need to create them
Recipe and Guide for Creation

Eyore
11-19-2004, 10:06 PM
http://www.tvmarketplace.net/products/product.aspx?id=61&sComp=Google

Here is a link to what I think she is talking about. I don't know if she gets everything mentioned here though.

nanajoanie
11-19-2004, 10:16 PM
I've made molded candy for years and have over 4 dozen molds for every holiday plus cutie kinds. Also have my 2nd double boiler since I wore the first one out after over 25 yrs. use. Have a favorite candy store that I go to for new molds, candy boxes of any size, oil flavorings (the only kind you use in molded cande or it will harden instantly), sucker sticks, mini candy papers like mini cupcake papers. I go nuts in that store. Only go in there a couple times a year. Enjoy your new 'hobby'. Practice makes perfect. Don't be afraid of mistakes since kids will eat it :D

kaysee
11-19-2004, 10:19 PM
our walmart has them on clearance for 6.00 lol
i have been wondering the same thing

Tasha405
11-20-2004, 07:27 AM
Our wal-mart has them for $12 or so. I've wanted one for the longest time but wasn't sure if they really worked well. Let us know! This would make candy for Christmas a lot easier. lol

badswife
11-20-2004, 08:43 AM
Sorry I should have been more specific in my description, didnt mean to make all of yall go searching. lol Anyway, I have not got it yet. Ordered it from one of the abc catalogs I have here. Hope it comes before Christmas that was the whole reason for buying!! I will let you know how it goes. This could be a very fattening experience!!!

nanajoanie
11-20-2004, 08:49 AM
Sorry I should have been more specific in my description, didnt mean to make all of yall go searching. lol Anyway, I have not got it yet. Ordered it from one of the abc catalogs I have here. Hope it comes before Christmas that was the whole reason for buying!! I will let you know how it goes. This could be a very fattening experience!!!

OK we get to whoop you with a yard long cherry licorice stick for not being more specific :D :D Just please let us know how your first batch of something turns out :D

Urban Cowgirl
11-20-2004, 07:39 PM
Hey Nana does the store you shop at also sells supplies for making the hard candy lollipops??? If so do they have a website....I need some stuff!!!

PrncsNYC
11-20-2004, 08:49 PM
I thought you were talking about the Hershey's one for kids. This sounds awesome! I used to make chocolates many years ago. I remember I made a batch of white rose chocolate suckers for my BF and put them in his lunch. Well, he left the lunch in his car BC he wasn't hungry and they all melted. I was so pissy about it that I never made chocolates again. I didn't even realize it until now. Lol I would start again though...I think it's been long enough. I can give him a second chance. ;)