PDA

View Full Version : Help Moving to Midland MI

pinkgeeni
11-19-2004, 04:32 PM
hi every one!

i don't know where to post it, any way.... we r moving to midland Michigan on dec 9th 2004. the problem is iam 16 weeks pregnant, and i have gestational diabetic, so i need to consult an OBGYN and a Endocrinoligist as soon i reach Michigan. The place is entirely new and totally different from california, it would be great if any one can suggest me the doctors. thanks for any help.

sri

nanajoanie
11-19-2004, 05:17 PM
Your doctor - ob/gyn - clinic should be able to give you a list of doctors in the area of Midland. Good luck hon with a safe pregnancy and safe delivery :) One major word of advice, dress warm, have sweaters, long pants, jackets, scarves. I was born and raised in MI. BBUUURRRR!!!!!

Quaker_Parrots
11-19-2004, 05:19 PM
Nana, don't scare her away,lol. Would you believe we haven't seen the first flake of snow yet this season? Can't help you with teh OBGYN, as I don't live in that area, wish you luck though.

nanajoanie
11-19-2004, 05:53 PM
Nana, don't scare her away,lol. Would you believe we haven't seen the first flake of snow yet this season? Can't help you with teh OBGYN, as I don't live in that area, wish you luck though.

Vi what part of "Iceland" do you hunker down in? Me - ex-Grand Rapids :)

Quaker_Parrots
11-19-2004, 06:03 PM
Sparta, north of GR

FireFighter_834
11-19-2004, 07:30 PM
first of all I feel sorry for you that you are moving to MI...born and raised there most of my life and glad I don't live there anymore *lol*

dress warm cause it does get cold. and you can always call around or search online for obgyn's in the area

good luck to you and your move.

nanajoanie
11-19-2004, 08:24 PM
Sparta, north of GR

That's where I learned how to canoe without tipping over. Also my ex- in-laws lived there til they died. Nice folks.

sivohdarba
11-19-2004, 08:55 PM
hi every one!

i don't know where to post it, any way.... we r moving to midland Michigan on dec 9th 2004. the problem is iam 16 weeks pregnant, and i have gestational diabetic, so i need to consult an OBGYN and a Endocrinoligist as soon i reach Michigan. The place is entirely new and totally different from california, it would be great if any one can suggest me the doctors. thanks for any help.

sri

Hi hon! Good luck on your move and congrat's on the upcoming birth! I did a google search and came up with quite a few pages of them. Hope this helps!

http://www.google.com/local?hl=en&lr=&q=ob-gyn&near=Midland,+MI&oi=localr

desilu4872
11-19-2004, 10:12 PM
hi, I used a doctor in Saginaw micihgan..he is a family doc..but handles deliveries..and he is wonderful..I have used him for all 4 of my kids...Saginaw is about 15 minutes from Midland. His name is Dr. LaFleur...his number is 989-793-2555

3400 N Center Rd
Saginaw, MI 48603-7919
(989) 793-2555

He is very knowlegeable, friendly, compassionate, he may be able to help you or refer you. I also had gestational diabeties...and he handled everything wonderfully...I drove about 45 minutes to see him...and with one child over an hour...good luck on your move.

faygokraze
11-20-2004, 05:25 AM
Welcome to the neighborhood. Get your snowsuit and snowshovel ready cause the white flaky stuff is heading our way!!

pinkgeeni
11-22-2004, 03:01 PM
hi every one.....

thank you so much for your help. it was really useful. i know life is diffrent in MI, but geting to know about things in advance has prepared me. iam not scard, iam really glad that there r so many good people around Midland.

About the doctor, we asked my hubbys manager, he has told that one of our colige is due in dec, so we planed we go to the same doctor. i was so worride cause i have hypothyroidism, PCOS, gestational diabaties, and i had a misgarrage 2 years back and i had a hard time geting pregnant this time. please pray for me...

thanks and regards
sri

twinkiesmom
11-22-2004, 05:45 PM
I'm only about 10miles east of Midland, in Bay City. if you still havent found a doc in Midland, pm me and I'll give you names of some good OB/GYNs in Bay City that would be on one of the main drags between Bay City and Midland.