PDA

View Full Version : How do you keep track of your...

ladyseals
11-19-2004, 07:21 AM
Deals, freebies, rewards, money? I have heard some people who have a system of keeping track of when the did a deal/survey and when they should recieve a gift or reward and if they got it or not. And, if something need to be cancelled.

Does anyone do this? I wish I would have kept track because now I have so much going on I am forgetting about if I am supposed to recieve something or cancel something. Like for example, one time I did one of the Home Solutions subscriptions and was supposed to get like a $25 gc, I never got it, but I also forgot to call and ask.

Does anyone have a temple in Excel or Word or something they can email me? Or any tips on how to keep track?

Tasha405
11-19-2004, 07:25 AM
I need to get a better system too. I keep track of trades/buys in a notebook and then with rewards for surveys I just save the e-mails. I really need to get organized better. :o

I never keep track of freebies. They just arrive or I forget about them. LOL

ladyseals
11-19-2004, 07:29 AM
I usually don't keep track of the REAL freebies. But I signed up for a book subscription and was supposed to get a freebie with my first order, well I ordered and never got a freebie. I called and they seemed to not know anything about the first freebie, however I can get a freebie with my next order :( I cancelled.

ntgsmommy
11-19-2004, 08:05 AM
I never keep track of freebies. They just arrive or I forget about them. LOL

That's me too! I figure if I get them, I get them, if not, oh well-- ;)

terizona
11-19-2004, 11:53 AM
I just use an old fashioned spiral notebook to track checks, giftcards, prizes from reward programs and surveys. I don't bother with freebies or samples since those aren't "earned".

I just make columns for Company, amount, description (gift card, cash, or ?, point value if it applies (ex. 1400pts = $10 XXX Gift Card to keep track of when they raise the cash in values on me), date requested, date received. In the margin I write small any confirmation # and date the company estimates I'll receive by. This certainly could be done in an Excel chart, but I just like the hard copy so I can date it right when I receive somehting in the mail without turning on the computer.

In my email I created a separate folder to hold my "reminders" or "in progress" emails until points post/or something received etc., so I have an electronic record that way. If a company doesn't send an email that I can file in there as a reminder, I just email myself a note to file in there. Then as things post/arrive I toss out the emails.

DAVESBABYDOLL
11-19-2004, 12:01 PM
Regular notebooks.
I have one for rebates,one for surveys,and one for trades.

I put dates,times and mailing info if needed.

I don't keep track of freebies,unless it first of the month,then I write down the info of Company doing the promo.