PDA

View Full Version : Santa helpers and kids sign up for Christmas help

DAVESBABYDOLL
11-19-2004, 07:17 AM
Rules for kids gift help.

1.The child/children must be those of a BBS MEMBER,who are in good standing.

2.We are not going to accept new members who join this month,it is too hard to know if there is a true need,we apologize for this inconvenience.

3.When PMing info,please include a little info as to why you need this help,names,ages and sex of children.We will not ask for proof of income (we feel this is not our right to ask,besides by law probably a no-no) so it will be strictly on the honor system.

4.We can not guarantee all kids will be helped,but we will try our hardest.It will also depend on how many Santa's helpers we will have.

5. This will be confidential,ALL who sign up for help will be kept private,only organizers and your helper will know.

6.pm me if you would like to sign you child/chilred up

For those who want to help.

1.Please pm shellysms, how many kids you would like to send a gift for.

2.You may also remain anonymous if you wish.

3.DC# are a must,shipped out no later than DEC. 7th

4.The spending limit will be up to you.

5.If you sign up and do not follow through,we will have no choice but to report you to the bad traders list.

shellysms and I are organizing this,after all sign ups,she and I will get together and match helpers with children.If we have guestions one of us will pm you.

shellysms
11-19-2004, 07:47 AM
ok..my thoughts now. :) I really hope that we can make this a fun and memorable christmas for some of our "own" kids from BBS. Some of the swaps that we've had..people don't follow thru and someone gets hurt or mad. Let's let the spirit of Christmas...Really, really bring a smile to a childs face. I know that to me...the smiles on my kid's face on christmas morning..makes me so incredibly happy. Let's do that for some kids that really need our help. I think we can really make this work. We have some great people here...and I'm sure alot of people would really like to help. Just dont' think about this...Let's do it!!! I dont' want to sound like a commercial..I just really want to make this work. AND I think we can all have fun and feel good about ourself for doing this!! :) OK????

shellysms
11-20-2004, 05:26 AM
BUMP....come on guys..we need some secret santas!!! :)

ok..my thoughts now. :) I really hope that we can make this a fun and memorable christmas for some of our "own" kids from BBS. Some of the swaps that we've had..people don't follow thru and someone gets hurt or mad. Let's let the spirit of Christmas...Really, really bring a smile to a childs face. I know that to me...the smiles on my kid's face on christmas morning..makes me so incredibly happy. Let's do that for some kids that really need our help. I think we can really make this work. We have some great people here...and I'm sure alot of people would really like to help. Just dont' think about this...Let's do it!!! I dont' want to sound like a commercial..I just really want to make this work. AND I think we can all have fun and feel good about ourself for doing this!! :) OK????

DAVESBABYDOLL
11-20-2004, 05:38 AM
I have a few..check you pm's :D

traciesjem
11-20-2004, 09:14 AM
I just want to say that this is very nice what your doing...although i am a single mom of three boys and cant afford stuff this year and i just joined i am not elegible to get some help. i think its people like you who put there time and effort in helping people in need is wonderful...too bad i didnt join earlier it so hard to get help at christmas time...ive asked alot of different charaties this year and to no avail im getting alot of sorry we have too many people already on our list...
I hope you can get alot of santas helpers this year cause its been a real hard time for alot of people lately i know im one of them..

God bless Tracie

Willow
11-20-2004, 09:18 AM
I just want to say that this is very nice what your doing...although i am a single mom of three boys and cant afford stuff this year and i just joined i am not elegible to get some help. i think its people like you who put there time and effort in helping people in need is wonderful...too bad i didnt join earlier it so hard to get help at christmas time...ive asked alot of different charaties this year and to no avail im getting alot of sorry we have too many people already on our list...
I hope you can get alot of santas helpers this year cause its been a real hard time for alot of people lately i know im one of them..

God bless Tracie

I noticed that you live in Providence. Rhode Island has the Toys for Tots and also the Angel Tree among other things. You may want to look into those.

traciesjem
11-20-2004, 09:35 AM
wow ty...i know of toys for tots but ty on the heads up on angel tree!

tsquared
11-20-2004, 09:42 AM

God bless Tracie
Hard to believe organizations such as the Angel Tree and Toys For Tots are turning away kids as early as before Thanksgiving....... I run the Angel Tree and Toys For Tots here in a small town and know what it is like and believe me i have never had anyone turned away. I accept kids clear up until the last couple of days before Christmas if i have too and if there is no money there then i buy with money out of my own pocket, which in the 7 years i have done this i have only had to do 1 time. Are your kids old enough to do odd jobs, babysitting etc to get money to buy each other gifts for Christmas? How about homemade gifts for your kids....sometime they mean more than a new toy...........
Good Luck to you and everyone else out there that are having bad times......Sometimes we just need to look above and talk to the Man Above for guidance..............

LADYBUDD1
11-20-2004, 11:03 AM
[QUOTE=shellysms]BUMP....come on guys..we need some secret santas!!! :)[/QUOTE

Thanks DBD ans shellysms for this great idea.

shoppinqueen
11-20-2004, 08:34 PM
I think it might be a good idea to put some contributions aside into a paypal fund.That way if anybody falls thru on their commitment no child who was put on the list gets stuck going without a gift.If after the deadline all kids got their packages we can either send out to a few more kids or make that money the basis of a bigbigsavings emergency fund that will step in during the year on these swap/exchange deals to cover the void that happens when people sign up but don't send their end?

Blackberry
11-21-2004, 12:06 AM
Pm'd you shellysms :)

DAVESBABYDOLL
11-21-2004, 08:33 AM
We need santa's!

Thanks for those who have signed on to help :)

DBackFan
11-21-2004, 09:32 AM
Hey DBD I PM'd Shelly yesterday morning but have not had a response.

catdance
11-21-2004, 09:37 AM
PMed ya..I have STUFF and because of BBS, have more from great sales at FSOT..also in that PM is a PRIVATE thing, so read it..LMK.. :) !

ang in NC
11-21-2004, 12:23 PM
I would like to be a santa helper.

DAVESBABYDOLL
11-21-2004, 01:34 PM
Hey DBD I PM'd Shelly yesterday morning but have not had a response.

She is off to her family for turkey day,will be gone a week.She said she would pop in on her parents computer. I pm'd you :)

DAVESBABYDOLL
11-21-2004, 01:42 PM
I would like to be a santa helper.

pm'd you :)

Blackberry
11-23-2004, 05:28 PM
Bumping up. I'd like to be a Santa Helper too. Haven't heard from Shelly. I'll pm you DBD.

MsLynn
11-23-2004, 06:29 PM
they did this last year and when i signed up my kids, i got all kinds of nasty emails telling me how i was just lazy and trying to screw everyone here. so i dropped out.I HOPE THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN TO ANYONE WHO SIGNS THEIR KIDS UP THIS YEAR!!!

buttrfli
11-23-2004, 06:49 PM
they did this last year and when i signed up my kids, i got all kinds of nasty emails telling me how i was just lazy and trying to screw everyone here. so i dropped out.I HOPE THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN TO ANYONE WHO SIGNS THEIR KIDS UP THIS YEAR!!!

:( thats so wrong :(

I thought last years was anonymous :confused:

Hopefully that won't happen to anyone this year.

I signed up last year, but dropped out when I got an unexpected check. My girls got very little last year, but I wasn't about to take from those who wouldn't get anything otherwise.

MsLynn
11-23-2004, 06:57 PM
:( thats so wrong :(

I thought last years was anonymous :confused:

Hopefully that won't happen to anyone this year.

I signed up last year, but dropped out when I got an unexpected check. My girls got very little last year, but I wasn't about to take from those who wouldn't get anything otherwise.

well we were askign questions in the thread about what we needed to prove need, and so i guess thats how they figured it out. wasn't worth the hassle. I hope it goes great this year..

GOOD LUCK YA'LL