PDA

View Full Version : selling and buying on ebay

buglebe
11-19-2004, 06:17 AM
When is the best time to sell on ebay? I have heard that this is a slow time because of Christmas coming and that right after Christmas is when things really sell because people have Christmas money to spend. I have sold a few things but some things I was sure would sell didn't bring much money. Any one know the best time to sell?

Willow
11-19-2004, 06:56 AM
I don't think ebay is ever slow. lol I think at Christmas time there would be more buyers looking to get good deals on things.

tracyb
11-19-2004, 07:01 AM
boy i dont think it is either.....lol.... everybody bidding on evrything i want.....i just cant get a bottle of amazing grace cheap for nothing on there....!!!!!!!!!!...... GOOD LUCK SELLING

tarbabie
11-19-2004, 07:04 AM
I agree! right now people are buying for xmas...typically your better times are the middle and end/beginning of the month...think too it depends on what you are trying to move- hubby had some lord of the rings cards there last month that nobody wanted. The auctions here are sometimes slow too-

Willow
11-19-2004, 07:06 AM
I've been outbid on two items already this morning. lol

jayhawkfan
11-19-2004, 07:23 AM
I started some of my shopping yesterday on ebay. I ended up losing 5 and only winning 2.

tracyb
11-19-2004, 07:28 AM
i haven't went to ebay for a few days because i get so..........so.............so.........grrrrrrrrrrr r. mad...... let me buy something people.!!!!!!!lol oh welll i guess i am saving my money to buy off of here!!!!!!!!

Eyore
11-19-2004, 08:04 AM
I've always heard that when it is colder out people spend more on there because they can't or don't get out as much as during the summer and warmer months.
Warmer weather is suppose to be a bad time on there because people are out and about and not sitting at home.
When I sold on there which it has been a few years it didn't seem to matter what time of year it was.

kaysee
11-19-2004, 09:27 AM
I am constantly buying and selling on ebay, i think i have bought 20 things in the last 4 weeks lol. Im not haivng a problem selling things but i guess it depends on what people are looking for.