PDA

View Full Version : What ten years of using meth can do....check out these pics

Hillbilly
11-17-2004, 10:14 PM
I just ran across this and thought I'd share.Unbelievable. :( http://www.mcccj.com/meth.html

adorkablex
11-17-2004, 10:18 PM
Oh my goodness. That's so sad and scarey.

laughsalot
11-17-2004, 10:47 PM
oh my goodness, that is horrible.

Blackberry
11-17-2004, 11:04 PM
It's really hard for me to think about this so I usually push it from my mind, but I saw firsthand what drugs did for a former friend. I have memories of Cindy from high school--she was funny, pretty, and I thought she had the best chance of any of the kids in her family of breaking out of the downward cycle that they all seemed to fall into. Years later I saw her again after drugs had taken all of her teeth and part of her brain. She is now retarded because of the drugs that I believe she is still taking. She looks god-awful. Her kids had to raise themselves. Just so sad.............

Shann
11-18-2004, 12:42 AM
ewww! look how much weight all of them have lost, it's just gross! To be honest, no one close to me uses drugs and I'm so thankful for that! :)

YankeeMary
11-18-2004, 06:02 AM
Drugs and alcohol can destroy even the best of families. They are not prejudice at all they will destroy regardless of age, religion, nationality, rich, poor, young or old. Sure is heart breaking.

Tasha405
11-18-2004, 06:06 AM
Drugs and alcohol can destroy even the best of families. They are not prejudice at all they will destroy regardless of age, religion, nationality, rich, poor, young or old. Sure is heart breaking.
ITA! Its so sad that people let things like this take over their life and ruin it the way they do. :(

Angel Lips
11-18-2004, 06:08 AM

Your totally right

NiteQueen
11-18-2004, 07:25 AM

That pretty much says it all!

buttrfli
11-18-2004, 07:36 AM
ewww! look how much weight all of them have lost, it's just gross! To be honest, no one close to me uses drugs and I'm so thankful for that! :)

I "think" the pics are all of the same girl (please correct me if I am wrong)

You start left to right on the top row and right to left on the bottom.

Thats how I saw it anyhow.

My best friend did meth for 2 years.... and I get to see him anytime I want.... at the cemetery :(

callsheb
11-18-2004, 11:30 AM
i agree it seems to be the same person and what it can do to you.
I have a friend who we think has gone back on drugs but there is nothing you can do till they want help themselves other wise you would talk yourself blue in the face.

tsquared
11-18-2004, 11:37 AM
So sad

janelle
11-18-2004, 11:39 AM
This should be put up in every school with teens.

You aren't talking to them after they are hooked, you are talking to the drug. Families need to do intersessions.

schsa
11-18-2004, 02:10 PM
I am surprised that she is still alive. I was wondering if those are arrest pictures from over the years. What a waste of a life.

DAVESBABYDOLL
11-18-2004, 03:06 PM
I have seen this in real life,my niece is somewhere in Dayton on meth.Last time I saw her she maybe weighed 90 pounds wet :( She used to be SO pretty.

nanajoanie
11-18-2004, 03:12 PM
Drugs and alcohol do about the same thing to the body but drugs are usually quicker. Sometimes the first sip, or pill, or snort is the beginning of the end and then the survivors bury you.

zeenababy
11-18-2004, 07:55 PM
Omg! That Is Soooo Sad!

angelinwaiting
11-18-2004, 10:09 PM
This is the drug that killed my 16 year old neice almost a year ago and then caused her Dad to commit suicide cause he couldn't go on without his little girl :( Meth is a horrible drug...I still actually have family members who are taking this drug.....It's awful and it is taking a lot of lives :(

Hillbilly
11-20-2004, 08:55 PM
This is the drug that killed my 16 year old neice almost a year ago and then caused her Dad to commit suicide cause he couldn't go on without his little girl :( Meth is a horrible drug...I still actually have family members who are taking this drug.....It's awful and it is taking a lot of lives :(
Angelinwaiting....that is so awful. :( I remember when your neice died,but I didn't know about her dad. :( So sad.I'm sorry for your loss.

MamaFairal
11-20-2004, 09:04 PM
I also am living proof that you can beat it :D

I used for about 6 yrs daily and am now 10 yrs clean.
Its killed many of my friends, taken children from families and ruined lives.

If you saw pics of me 10 yrs ago it would blow your mind......literally!
I lost teeth, had sunken cheekbones,had no chest,wore two prs of jeans to look heavier all the times.

My pics today~ I have a chest(nice one too..lol) dentures, seldom wear jeans(like sweats)
Since being clean i have gained over 100 lbs(yep i was that skinny) but at least now i can say i am ALIVE and healthy and drug free...some of my friends cant :( they died!

Hillbilly
11-20-2004, 09:11 PM
That is wonderful MamaFairal!! :D Congrats on being 10 years clean!! Thank God you didn't end up like your friends.Very sad. :(

shoppinqueen
11-20-2004, 09:42 PM
Lol, I'm far too vain to ever get into that ! sometimes vanity is a good thing :)

MamaFairal
11-20-2004, 11:04 PM
Lol, I'm far too vain to ever get into that ! sometimes vanity is a good thing :)

Oh but so am i.....lol
I was so beautiful when i "tweaked"....i put my makeup on, i dressed up, i was "THIN", I had endless energy, stayed up days at a time(22 was the record)........

DRUGS NO NO VANITY.......everyone thinks their beautiful when your high!

laughsalot
11-21-2004, 12:27 AM
well I believe the beauty in all of this is Mamas strength and sheer determination to get off and stay off this horrible drug. And I do think that noone thinks they are going to get hooked on this drug the first time they use it and they never ever imagine it changed their bodies, mind or soul.

angelinwaiting
11-21-2004, 08:49 PM
I also am living proof that you can beat it :D

I used for about 6 yrs daily and am now 10 yrs clean.
Its killed many of my friends, taken children from families and ruined lives.

If you saw pics of me 10 yrs ago it would blow your mind......literally!
I lost teeth, had sunken cheekbones,had no chest,wore two prs of jeans to look heavier all the times.

My pics today~ I have a chest(nice one too..lol) dentures, seldom wear jeans(like sweats)
Since being clean i have gained over 100 lbs(yep i was that skinny) but at least now i can say i am ALIVE and healthy and drug free...some of my friends cant :( they died!

{{{{{{{{{{{{mamafairal}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}That is the best news that I have read on here....a HUGE congrats to you....I am so proud of you :D

ahippiechic
11-21-2004, 09:02 PM
Angelinwaiting, I remember when your niece died. My son knew her and called me from TN to tell me about it. :(

I used meth for quite a few years, not daily, a few times a week, just when I thought I had to between work, school, housework, homework and kid. (plus fighting with the ex) I was very lucky, I had no trouble stopping, I just gradually didn't use anymore after I graduated. I'm so glad I did. I see people I used to use with (the ones who are still around) who have let it take over their lives. Some of them look awful, have lost their jobs, homes, families etc.

msmom79
11-21-2004, 09:59 PM
congrates( "mama &ahippiechick")for getting clean and staying that way! i have seen alot of meth use in this small town where i am.and alls i can say is ,its sad,pure sad what it can do to you.