PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else see "Polar Express"?

JazzMama
11-16-2004, 10:11 AM
I took 3-yr old DD to the Sunday matinee. We left after about 35 minutes - she was sobbing! I got her to crawl in my lap and hide her face in my shoulder for a few minutes, but she still wanted to leave the "scary train" movie. I mean, she's watched every Disney movie made and those have never bothered her. I think the realistic characters and the storyline were just too much for her to handle.

Just curious if this happened to anyone else? :confused:

Willow
11-16-2004, 10:17 AM
We haven't seen it yet but we plan on seeing it at the Imax theater on the big screen. My son is almost 11 so maybe it's just too much for a 3 year old.

freebielover
11-16-2004, 11:15 AM
I saw it with my 7 year old sister both at the Imax and the regular theatre and it was incredibly realistic. The stuff they can do is amazing! I can see where it would frighten a 3 or 4 year old though, it is VERY realistic. For everyone else GO SEE IT! It was insane! It was definitely MADE for the IMAX though.

Willow
11-16-2004, 11:21 AM
We saw Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban both in the regular theater and at the Imax. It was so much better at the Imax. It was like you were right there with the people in the movie. I can't wait to see the Polar Express.

MamaFairal
11-16-2004, 11:34 AM
Sometimes to a 3 yo a big movie theatre can be too much(the loud noise...big screen)
Maybe she wasnt ready :(

Jolie Rouge
11-16-2004, 11:47 AM
Started a thread discussing the movie ealier : http://forums.bigbigsavings.com/showthread.php3?t=442478 includes articles and opinions of some of our BBS family.

JazzMama
11-16-2004, 12:08 PM
Started a thread discussing the movie ealier : http://forums.bigbigsavings.com/showthread.php3?t=442478 includes articles and opinions of some of our BBS family.

Thanks for the link - just wish I'd seen it earlier. ;) We've taken her to other movies (Brother Bear and Finding Nemo) at the theater and she loves the big screen and noise. Like I said though, this one was just a little too real for her age.