PDA

View Full Version : How soon do you start putting your Christmas stuff up?

teenies*mom
11-16-2004, 02:44 AM
We usually put our lights up the day after Thanksgiving then that weekend we put the tree up. :confused: :eek: :) :o ;) :D

lgc5564
11-16-2004, 05:16 AM
Well hubby started putting the lights in the yard and on the outside of the house last weekend.It will take him all next weekend to finnish.
He turns them on on Thanksgiving evening.We have several neighbors that are already done on the outside.
The tree and inside stuff will go up on Thanksgiving evening or the next day. :D
My hubby is like a Christmas Elf gone nuts.If it stands still long enough it gets lights on it.LOL

buglebe
11-16-2004, 05:21 AM
Yep, Thanksgiving, sometimes late Thanksgiving day we put up the tree, depending on what is going on. If not then, the week end.

NiteQueen
11-16-2004, 05:44 AM
Same here after we have Big Turkey Diner we come home take a nap and then when we get up we get all the stuff out and put up tree hang lites and do the outside all up........the kids have so much fun......

Willow
11-16-2004, 06:26 AM
We put up our tree and decorations a week ago Saturday. :D

Tasha405
11-16-2004, 06:29 AM
I usually put our tree up on Thanksgiving night but we're not going to be home so I will probably do everything that following weekend. :)

Mom2jal
11-16-2004, 06:32 AM
We put our tree up a few days ago. :D

Eyore
11-16-2004, 07:40 AM
Usually put a tree up the weekend after Thanksgiving, not sure if I am putting a tree up this year. To many cats to try to climb it or knock it over. I don't do outside lights or anything.

buttrfli
11-16-2004, 07:43 AM
christmas eve if i can get away with it... if not it will be the week of christmas, but no sooner lol

DAVESBABYDOLL
11-16-2004, 07:52 AM
Usually the first weekend in December,but I'm ready now!! :D I love Christmas lol

turbob
11-16-2004, 08:00 AM
I am planning on decorating the weekend after Thanksgiving - I can't wait!

lisahiser
11-16-2004, 09:11 AM
I have some stuff out now! :eek: I found some really cute snowman figures at a store and now they are all over my living room, I am slowly dragging the boxes out of the storage room and putting up my Thanksgiving stuff (Turkeys and Pilgrims and Indians ect...). I can't wait to decorate for Christmas! I love to do that! Just reading this thread makes me want to get it all out and do it now, but I normally try to hold off until Thanksgiving or the day after.

Angel Lips
11-16-2004, 09:21 AM
tree and all decorations all come out the day after thanksgiving

JazzMama
11-16-2004, 09:25 AM
Christmas decorations go up Friday afternoon; Christmas trees on Saturday night. It usually takes us till the next weekend to get outside decorations up, but with hubby taking some time off, that might get done Sunday-Monday.

However, I did buy a 3' pre-lit tree for the kitchen this weekend at Ole South Pottery, so it's already up and decorated.

DD (she's only 3) is be another Christmaholic ... every day I've heard "is it Christmas yet?" She's really gonna be confused after today - Santa Claus came to their school today for stories and pictures!

ladyseals
11-16-2004, 09:42 AM
Right as dinner is cooking usually. But, this year we are getting one of the cooked premade dinner kits from Krogers :) The one with a whole turkey, stuffing and other side dishes and the only thing the kit does not offer is the candied yams with marshmallows that I will do, but other than that, no cooking for me this year!!!!!!! :)

So this year as soon as hubby is out of bed, had his cup of coffee, turned a football game on or ESPN or whatever sport related show lol, then we will eat and put up the tree and decorations.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!! This year will sort of be our '1st' christmas in our new home. We had it built last year and moved in on the Dec. 5 but by the 25th we were still knee deep in boxes and did not feel like doing anything for christmas, our new home was the present. The kids got a few things but nothing for each other. So this year I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! I am SO ready, we have tons of stuff for the kids, I have stuff for hubby and I can tell by the very back of his trunk that he has stuff for me!!!!! :)

cleaningla
11-16-2004, 10:03 AM
We're going to do ours this weekend because we have out of state company coming on Tuesday and I want it to look festive when they get here. :)