PDA

View Full Version : What movies make you cry???

buttrfli
11-15-2004, 03:02 PM
I am watching Without a Trace, an early 80's movies about a mother whose child is kidnapped and I bet I have seen it a dozen times and I bawl like a baby at the end every time LOL

Steel Magnolias also makes me cry.

The color purple... the very end....

There are probably about a dozen that make me cry. DH says he can't understand why I cry when I have seen the movie a billion times LOL

What movies make you cry??

Njean31
11-15-2004, 03:11 PM
The Passion of the Christ, Message in a bottle (w/kevin costner), Officer and a Gentleman, Ghost, more can't think of now...........

ocvachick
11-15-2004, 03:13 PM
Hm let me think...

Pretty In Pink
The Breakfast Club (dont know why)
Steel Magnolias (which i havent seen in awhile)

fatesfaery
11-15-2004, 03:14 PM
Old Yeller
Where the Red Fern Grows
Steel Magnolias
Brian's Song

When I was a kid, there was a made for TV movie called Sunshine...I'd cry like a baby every time I saw it.

ilikefree
11-15-2004, 04:01 PM
The Bridges of Madison County

MsLynn
11-15-2004, 04:03 PM
i dont' watch sappy movies, lmao, bring on the shootem up westerns and such, wooohoooo

Tasha405
11-15-2004, 04:22 PM
All I can think of right now is...

Steel Magnolias
Ghost

KeliMom
11-15-2004, 04:23 PM
Titanic
The Good Mother
Steel Magnolias
Bless The Beasts and The Children
Heart & Souls
Bridges of Madison County
Hope Floats
City of Angels

Probably alot more, just can't think of them off the top of my head.... I'm a sap! :p

Lora_1994
11-15-2004, 04:33 PM
Hope Floats

I am Sam

Mask(with Cher)

actually any drama I usually cry on.. I'm a very emotional person..lmao

Willow
11-15-2004, 05:08 PM
Love Story

teenies*mom
11-15-2004, 05:20 PM
Ghost (the very end)

DivineMsDi
11-15-2004, 05:35 PM
Many films make me cry but the only one that pops in my head is Dr.Shivago. There is this part where Lara is a nurse at the field hospital and she and Shivago are madly in love (but married to other people). They have to part and the visual symbol (a flower losing its petals) and music in the scene make me emotional.

I love movies that make me cry!

queenangie
11-15-2004, 05:50 PM
Disney Classic 'Dumbo' in the scene where Dumbo's mother is chained up in 'jail'
for protecting her baby.
The mouse sneaks Dumbo for a mother-son visit
and Dumbo's mother sings, "Baby of Mine!"

That always makes me cry.

Tasha405
11-15-2004, 05:57 PM
Hope Floats

I am Sam

Mask(with Cher)

actually any drama I usually cry on.. I'm a very emotional person..lmao
Yep I am the same way. Just about any drama I watch makes me cry.

These movies make me cry too.

Starr_79
11-15-2004, 06:25 PM
Romeo and Juliet makes me cry every time I watch it. I always hope Romeo will get his letter "this time"! LOL!

FreeIs4Me
11-15-2004, 06:28 PM
Mr. Holland's Opus!!!

mytabbycat
11-15-2004, 06:41 PM
Chances Are -it doesn't end how I want it to, and it makes me mad so I cry ;)

50 First Dates- Very strange that an Adam Sandler movie would make me cry, but I just thought it was sad how Drew Barrymore had to live her life not remembering anything.

My Life Without Me- This is a more recent with Sarah Polley. She finds out she's dying and tries to experience everything she hasn't in a short amount of time.

Breaking The Waves- I'm pretty sure this made me cry.

Two Brothers- This was the absolute worst! I saw it in the theater because my favorite actor, Guy Pearce is in it. It's a really good movie about 2 tigers who were separated when they were young, etc.. I was crying through the whole thing. It was like watching Animal Planet when animals get hurt, etc.. I never cried in a movie theater before and was so embarrassed! :eek:

I know there are more, but that's all I can think of right now.

adorkablex
11-15-2004, 06:45 PM
Where the Red Fern Grows
Steel Magnolias
The Lion King (hush :P)
Lonesome Dove (because I hate to see animals get hurt... I cried for the horses)
Milo and Otis
Turner and Hooch
The Passion of the Christ
Fried Green Tomatos

There's more but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

elsaleh01
11-15-2004, 07:09 PM
Pay It Forward!!!!!!!!!!

I Love That Movie

andreame70
11-15-2004, 07:16 PM
Ohh, I am about to get picked on to no end for fessing up to this one. I watch it every year, I know it is going to make me cry, but I do it anyway cause I am glutton for punishment I suppose.... Frosty the Snowman.

Ok you can laugh now, the funny thing is that I am not kidding....

Pathetic ehhh?

Andrea

Njean31
11-15-2004, 08:44 PM
The Passion of the Christ, Message in a bottle (w/kevin costner), Officer and a Gentleman, Ghost, more can't think of now...........

i thought of some more......"A Time To Kill w/Matthew McCoughney & Samuel L. Jackson, ******* Out of the Carolina's (horrific movie, so sad what happens to the little girl), The Green Mile, The Shawshank Redemption, An Eye for an Eye with Sally Fields, Philadelphia. yes, i'm a cry baby :(

Angel Lips
11-15-2004, 08:55 PM
save the last dance always makes me cry no matter how many times i watch it

adorkablex
11-15-2004, 08:59 PM
Ohh, I am about to get picked on to no end for fessing up to this one. I watch it every year, I know it is going to make me cry, but I do it anyway cause I am glutton for punishment I suppose.... Frosty the Snowman.

Ok you can laugh now, the funny thing is that I am not kidding....

Pathetic ehhh?

Andrea
Yeah I thought about that one and Rudolph both but didn't want to get laughed out of the forum.

delSol
11-15-2004, 09:37 PM
OMG! A league of their own!! I'm such a baby with that one at the end..I have not seen it for years but I remember Born Free killed me...

FrEEbiZ4Me
11-15-2004, 09:48 PM
Beaches

terizona
11-16-2004, 01:23 AM
Here's a really tragic heart-wrenching one that is great, but hardly anyone's seen:

Sweet Hereafter (1997)

From imdb.com: "This film documents the effects of a tragic bus accident on the population of a small town. Tragedy strikes a small town. A lawyer - with burning problems resting on his shoulders - moves in for financial gain but instead takes on the burden of those who suffer. A film with thick layers of emotions that effects everyone, even the audience."

Another recent popular emotional one that got me was "21 Grams".
"House of Sand and Fog" and "Life as a House" were also emotional.

I typically like the more obscure dramas that are small, but with good story and strong characters or even some foreign films like Malena or City of God.

Kyla Kym
11-16-2004, 06:23 AM
Just about any of them can make me cry. I just hate myself for that. It's so embarrassing if someone is here with me. The last time I remember just bawling and squalling over one real bad was "The Perfect Storm" when the guy just floats off. I even cried at the end of Cast Away, where he comes back and his girl is married to another. Not only the sad things make me cry, so does the happy things sometimes. (It's that way in real life too, like if my son gets an award for something) I get so mad at myself I just want to bang my head against the wall when that happens. LOL

belle5691
11-16-2004, 06:30 AM
I cried at Dead Poets Society, Pay it Forward, and I even cried at Man on Fire.

cookiegirl
11-16-2004, 09:02 AM
The Green Mile, Brians Song, Steel Magnolias. I was once watching this TV Movie about that little girl who was adopted and the birth mother wanted the child back but had already signed her rights over so thebirth father filed for custody. This was national news, anyway they took the baby from the only family she knew and gave her to the birth father. I was sobbing and couldn't stop when they took her from the adopted mom's arms.

DivineMsDi
11-16-2004, 01:18 PM
I thought of another one I always cry at...MADE IN HEAVEN. It is kind of obscure but really metaphysical (about reincarnation, redemption). Timothy Hutton stars in it. I always cry at this movie.

lassss
11-16-2004, 01:26 PM
mmmm there is one part in Field of Dreams that gets to me.

It's when Doc crosses over the field to save a chocking child and they realize he *can't go back* silly huh ? lol

ChristiNate
11-16-2004, 02:04 PM
Pearl Harbor with Ben Affleck
Cold Mountain
The Missing
Titanic
Ghost