PDA

View Full Version : Need some advise about a wrecked car & stuff...

hiltonqueen
11-15-2004, 01:20 PM
The estimate to fix it is over $8,000... the loan is for $15,0000, she's only paid interest in the last year. The car may be totaled... Estimated blue book value is $8,000..

What would you all do in these circumstances? She may not be able to finanve another car...

Angel Lips
11-15-2004, 08:45 PM
My bestfriend has something like this happen to her, she had a brand new legancy and had it only 4 months until she made a bad decision to let someone else drive her car that ended up wrapping it around a tree, car was totallted and the insurance company paid the blue book value of it in poor condition, as for finace im not sure how something like that works, after my friends mishap she had to buy a used beat up car because she i believe still had to pay off the car that was totalled. best of luck to your friend, maybe she or he can talk to their insurance compnay im sure they can give more detail

queenangie
11-15-2004, 09:06 PM
I have no idea, but I can share some warm hugs
and
give you a bump!

tommyjo
11-15-2004, 09:46 PM
I do believe that in this state(WA) if a car is financed, they require full coverage insurance, for the amount of the loan, hopefully is the same where you are.

captorquewrench
11-16-2004, 08:42 AM
check the loan paperwork to see if you have gap coverage.

belle5691
11-17-2004, 11:13 AM
My only (EVER) pretty new car got totaled when it was sitting parked in front of my house. I had full coverage insurance, and still owed over $2000 after insurance paid. I had to sue the other person to get the total amount owed. The insurance company wanted to fix my car. My husband was a long time mechanic and knew with that amount of damage, that the frame was probably bent. And refused to settle without further investigation, which did total the car. Best of luck with whatever you do.