PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Charity

llbriteyes
11-14-2004, 07:58 AM
Ok, this is just my opinion.

There are so many children out there who will not receive a decent Christmas. There are so many of us who are fortunate to receive freebies and great deals, I feel we can make a difference.

At our mall (and kroger and other places), they have a Christmas tree with tags detailing information about a child (age, what they like, etc.) If we are fortunate enough to be able to help these kids, we should.

Yes, freebies make great presents for friends and family members, but they also make excellent presents for disadvantaged kids, and it doesn't cost a bundle.

Linda

iluvmybaby
11-14-2004, 08:25 AM
:) Sounds like a good idea, sometimes the smallest gifts are those that mean the most, growing up we never had a lot of $ but my mom always taught us to be thankful for what we had and to share our blessings whenever possible, every year my brother and I would adopt an angel from places like kroger or toys for tots, usually spending about $5 a piece but it was important to me and still is ((No matter how tight it gets I always try to help at least one child))

Tasha405
11-14-2004, 09:17 AM
Its great that you posted this. :) I usually donate good (used) toys and clothes to places to give out to other kids who need them. :)

zeenababy
11-14-2004, 09:40 AM
My Family & I Always Adopt A Family At Our Church. There Have Been Times When We Have Stayed Without In Order To Purchase Better Gifts For These Children & It Has Enriched Our Lives! I Would Do It Again & Again!

Mary

justme23
11-14-2004, 11:31 AM
This is a great thing to do... also, if ya have some canned food layin around that's been there forever... donate it to your local food bank... A LOT of food banks are runnin way low right now due to shipping most of what they had on their shelves to help Florida out after the hurricanes... but now Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner and a lot of kids are gonna be lucky to get whatever the food banks have to offer... nevermind a turkey meal.

Blondiex46
11-14-2004, 01:04 PM
and thanks from one that appreciates whatever it is that my kids get.

NiteQueen
11-14-2004, 01:13 PM
We have a tree at our mall and we always go an let the kids pick out one name and then we buy lots of stuff that one child its really fun........and my kids understand that its not how much u get or how much we spend its being grateful for what u get or got.

llbriteyes
11-14-2004, 02:03 PM
This is a great thing to do... also, if ya have some canned food layin around that's been there forever... donate it to your local food bank... A LOT of food banks are runnin way low right now due to shipping most of what they had on their shelves to help Florida out after the hurricanes... but now Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner and a lot of kids are gonna be lucky to get whatever the food banks have to offer... nevermind a turkey meal.

GREAT idea! I'll go do that now before I hit the grocery store, make a list and head over to the Salvation Army.

llbriteyes
11-14-2004, 02:04 PM
We have a tree at our mall and we always go an let the kids pick out one name and then we buy lots of stuff that one child its really fun........and my kids understand that its not how much u get or how much we spend its being grateful for what u get or got.

We always did that too. Its important for children to learn that giving comes from the heart, and it doesn't really matter if you know who you're giving to. Its the caring that counts.

Lindda