PDA

View Full Version : How should I spend My Points?

janelle
11-13-2004, 12:43 PM
I have over 10,000 but someone said the web cert isn't smart anymore cause you can get more back spending them elsewhere, but where? TIA

FreeBnutt
11-13-2004, 04:12 PM
That is true, you do get more spendable monies with just a gift certificate then the webbies. BUT you have to decide for yourself where to spend the money. IF this is the first time for webbies for you, you'll lose more, cuz there are costs for maintaining a webbie account.

I just cashed in points, and took awhile to decide on what. With Christmas just around the corner, I'm already running one month behind. Anyways, I ended up getting $35.00 worth of ToysRUs GCs, versus gettting only $30.00 total for KMart, Wal-mart, etc. for the same amount of points. $5.00 is $5.00 more to spend for the same amount of points required. You have to do the math yourself to get the most bucks, and where you get the best buys for your money too. I wish they still had KBToys for GCs.

You can get everything ONLINE too, don't need a B&M store.

specailk3342
11-14-2004, 07:55 AM
I've been going with the gas cards......cheaper than walmart....more for the points

janelle
11-15-2004, 12:31 AM
I never thought of mixing it up Duh. That would make sense not to put all the eggs in one basket. LOL

eamarkum
11-15-2004, 05:24 AM
I like the restaurant gift certificates. This I can treat my husband out to lunch or dinner. We love the Olive Garden! Plus with the Olive Garden GC, you can use it at Red Lobster.

dismusbeduhplaze
11-15-2004, 06:42 AM
I prefer the food GC's.. They are good anytime. They come real quick less than 2 week wait time. I even got my husband to try mexican food by going to ON The Border and Chili's, but Olive Garden and Applebees are his preference. Sure wish they would include 99 Restaurants in their list.

auntjudy
11-15-2004, 07:48 AM
I've got 4 gas cards sitting in my stockpile of xmas gifts, they'll go in the Christmas Stockings. (my kids both drive)

Dragonfairie
11-15-2004, 08:03 AM
I would still go with the webbie, you can use it anywhere and could take advantage of the different email offers mypoints sends out to earn even more points and as long as you have activity on the webbie it won't charge you for being idle.