PDA

View Full Version : Scott Peterson GUILTY---Not his family

tresall
11-12-2004, 11:06 PM
Today I was holding my breath while they were reading the verdict. We found that our system works. OK that's a good thing. But why did all those people BOO the family as they walked out of the court house !!!???? I felt that was totally uncalled for. They were there to support their son. He is their FLESH AND BLOOD. Even when your own child/brother/sister/ect. is in trouble I'm pretty sure you would be there for support. I felt so sorry for the Peterson family. All those people Booing at them when they did nothing but stand behind their son. People are acting like they were involved in the murder. For Gosh Sakes. People should be feeling sorry for them too. Because they will be treated unfairly every time they go to visit Scott in Prison. All the guards sneer and speak rudely to all the family members of inmates. The Peterson Family will always be looked at as if they had something to do with the murders. It is so sad for the families. I know this first hand. And it really sucks. Please don't be mean to the family.

msmom79
11-13-2004, 12:22 AM
i totally agree with you.if this had been my child i would have been there for him.i also agree with you ,that it is not the petersons fault ,what their son did!!jmo ann

justme23
11-13-2004, 01:39 AM
I know I am the only one... but I am truly disappointed in this verdict. Perhaps he really is guilty, but I've yet to see conclusive evidence to prove it.

And you're right... booing his mother like that was outrageous.

Shann
11-13-2004, 01:59 AM
I didn't see it but regardless of the verdict, no one's family deserves that! :(

reneep45
11-13-2004, 06:47 AM
if he was my son , i would have been there for him , i would always love him but i probably would have beet the crap out of him first.

adorkablex
11-13-2004, 07:21 AM
I know I am the only one... but I am truly disappointed in this verdict. Perhaps he really is guilty, but I've yet to see conclusive evidence to prove it.

And you're right... booing his mother like that was outrageous.

I didn't think he was guilty either. Or hadn't been shown the proof that he was. I think the media tried and convicted him before he was ever arrested.

I can't believe people were so rude. These people have lost a daughter-in-law, a grandson and now a son. Give them the respect they deserve.

lpelham
11-13-2004, 07:57 AM
I didn't see the booing, but I also hate the crowd outside cheering at the verdict. I mean, was I happy he was convicted? Yeah. Am I going to go out to the court house and cheer like it was a great victory? No. A pretty young girl and her unborn child are dead and even with this verdict, they are still dead.

For what it is worth, I also hate when the people gather at prisons for a killing and cheer at that too. It's just cheap and tacky. I believe in capital punishment, but there is no need to cheer for a life lost (even if it is spending life in prison).

Libby

EMSnurse
11-13-2004, 08:51 AM
It seems there is just so much emotion surrounding murder trials (understandably so). When my granddaughter was murdered, some of the murderers family treated us badly in the courthouse halls. I think they hated us because we wanted him found guilty. After it was all over they calmed down, maybe because they saw all the evidence, maybe because none of us cheered when he was found guilty. I don't understand the cheering thing. His being found guilty didn't bring my grandchild back. The whole thing is tragic, not only is the victim and victims family devastated, but the murderers family is ruined as well. From my viewpoint, I wanted justice done, but it didn't make it any less of a tragedy that this young man ruined his life as well as so many others. It's a no win situation.

iluvmybaby
11-13-2004, 09:51 AM
If I had it my way they would have fried Scott Peterson in the electric chair RIGHT after they convicted him, he was so guilty and the crime that he commited made me physically ill to my stomach. As for booing his parents, I would too! Your child learns from you, so what does that reflect about his parents?

I am thankful he was convicted maybe Laci can rest in peace now, as well as her son :(

turbob
11-13-2004, 10:04 AM
My heart wanted him to be found guilty, my head is not sure. I think the reason I didn't believe him was just the way he looked and acted. But EMSnurse is right - this is a tragedy for BOTH families - now they have both lost children. If it was my son, I would be right there supporting him, also. As for the death penality - well, my belief is that is too easy. I am for life WITHOUT parole - in my mind, that is a much worse punishment.

bribella
11-13-2004, 10:22 AM
If I had it my way they would have fried Scott Peterson in the electric chair RIGHT after they convicted him, he was so guilty and the crime that he commited made me physically ill to my stomach. As for booing his parents, I would too! Your child learns from you, so what does that reflect about his parents?

I am thankful he was convicted maybe Laci can rest in peace now, as well as her son :(
I so agree with you JMO

nightrider127
11-13-2004, 11:59 AM
I hope I never end up in trouble and get people on my jury like a couple of the above posters are. They would have me hung out to dry based solely on what the media puts out.

I don't know, and neither does anyone else know outside the judge, jury and the lawyers what the evidence really was. You don't see or hear everything that is going on in a case.

I don't know if Scott Peterson murdered his wife and child or not. Why? Because I wasn't a member of that jury, or the judge or either of the lawyers that was on the case.

This is truly tragic. A pretty young woman, her unborn son both gone, never to be brought back. And the families are left behind to suffer. You can't always control what your children do once they are grown. You do the best you can and hope what you have instilled in them will take them through life. Sometimes, it just isn't enough.

Had that been my son, me and his dad and a lot of other family members would have been there to support him too. There is no excuse for people to boo that family.

KrystallizedFlame
11-13-2004, 03:19 PM
I may get flamed for this but this is my opinion.... Jackie, Scott's mother deserved to be booed too because there was a phone record admitted into evidence in the trial that had her telling Scott to deny everything. When I heard that, that is when I lost total respect for her.

That makes me wonder if she is not telling everything she knows in the case.

But like I said it is only my opinion.

llbriteyes
11-13-2004, 04:24 PM
He was found guilty. By a jury. We weren't privvy to ALL the evidence. We were not allowed in the courtroom. Apparently, there were reasons he was found guilty. At least the jury thought so.

As for the family... I feel so bad for both sides. The Rocha's will be missing her again this holiday season. Not only her, but Connor too. The Peterson's side will be missing not only their son, but also Laci and Connor. People have to realize that Connor was their grandchild too.

This is just so sad, and a no win situation.

Linda

YNKYH8R
11-13-2004, 04:38 PM
This whole entire process was absolutley disgusting. :mad: I am so angerd over the whole envent. Of course I am angry over the loss of life. But I am equally angry over the media, and the general public. :mad:

It really sickens me that the media is such a hound over the grieving families and the loss of human life. This was a private moment, it always has been, until the media decided to run with it. They prey on the family, parading their daughter's photo around for their own ratings. Atractive, white, pregnant, and killed near Chirstmas. If the media had set it up for a ratings boost, I wouldn't have been half surprised. They should be tried for conspiracy. :mad:
I remember that on the 'Today' show, and they do this (it seems) the worst of them all, Katie or Matt was interviewing members of the family asking questions like how it felt to have lost someone so close during a time usually reserved for holiday cheer. ARE YOU KIDDING!?! How do you think they feel. Anyone reading this should think about how they would feel if they recieved a call saying that their child was missing, and then later found brutaly murdered, so they know exactly what to say the camera when it arrives on their doorstep. :mad: I know what I would tell them. I'd tell them to stick it in their sad spot and rotate! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

And then there is the public. What did anyone gain from this trial? Peace of mind? He wasn't a serial murderer, the public safety wasn't in jeopardy. Vindication? It wasn't your daughter and grandson. Some people were saying 'we won we won'. Won? Won what? What did you win Publishers Clearing House? I didn't get anything in my mailbox and I'm not expecting anything any time soon. :mad: :mad: :mad:
This was a private matter made public by the television gods and the public bought it; hook line and sinker. It was even on people magazine, right on the front cover. This wasn't a sporting event or a game show but everyone treated it as such. :mad:

And now....it's over. We can all go back to our lives. Yes, the world is a lot safer now that Scott Peterson is guilty. Yup. We can all rest easy, until the next victim appears. And who knows, it may be you. Think not? Well I bet Laci's parents didn't think so either. And if it does happen to be you....we'll all be here ready to watch...and judge. :mad:

(Everyone except me that is...)

cpbaby
11-13-2004, 05:12 PM
Very well said, YNKYH8R. <cpbaby bows to YNKYH8R's articulate and well thought out posting>

PrncsNYC
11-13-2004, 11:25 PM
I may get flamed for this but this is my opinion.... Jackie, Scott's mother deserved to be booed too because there was a phone record admitted into evidence in the trial that had her telling Scott to deny everything. When I heard that, that is when I lost total respect for her.

not just your opinion...that is the only reason she was booed.

This man was convicted by the media...there was no solid proof. I don't think people understand the concept of "shadow of a doubt."

snd hello?!?! How many people are murdered and how many people go on trial for murder? How many of them do we hear about at all, let alone like this? This case wa sensatrionalized...there were other murder cases going on in the same court house at the same time...no one seems to care....

People are so judgemental...it's unreal. Just like M. Jackson...I should come out and say he molested me too...I repressed it for the last 20 years and now I need lots of money to forget my pain and trauma.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

laughsalot
11-14-2004, 12:09 AM
I hope I never end up in trouble and get people on my jury like a couple of the above posters are. They would have me hung out to dry based solely on what the media puts out.

I don't know, and neither does anyone else know outside the judge, jury and the lawyers what the evidence really was. You don't see or hear everything that is going on in a case.

I don't know if Scott Peterson murdered his wife and child or not. Why? Because I wasn't a member of that jury, or the judge or either of the lawyers that was on the case.

This is truly tragic. A pretty young woman, her unborn son both gone, never to be brought back. And the families are left behind to suffer. You can't always control what your children do once they are grown. You do the best you can and hope what you have instilled in them will take them through life. Sometimes, it just isn't enough.

Had that been my son, me and his dad and a lot of other family members would have been there to support him too. There is no excuse for people to boo that family.
You took the words right out of my mouth.

However putting my personal opionions aside these families have been through hell and there is nothing that will bring Laci and Conner back. Everyone lost in this tragedy.

dangerousfem
11-14-2004, 01:20 AM
I agree there should have been no booing or cheering...
but..
I can understand the feelings against the parents... not that I think it is their fault that scott did what he did... but that they lied and tried to help him cover it up... I love my kids... and will always be here for them.. but if one of them kills someone.. I am not going to lie for them.. I will still love them and be here for them, but they will need to take responsibility for what they did.

Does anyone really believe that his mom accidently took $10,000 out of the wrong account to buy his brother a truck?.. then returned it to him in cash??? please.. cause we all carry that kind of cash around.. no if you took money out of an account by mistake and were giving it back.. you would write a check.. it is so clear that story was made up...

and..

if you have that kind of money.. and by all accounts they are well off... are you really gonna have your son, who is out on bond, borrow his brothers id so you can save $25 on green fees .... ummm no your not.. so the dad's story was just as lame.. I understand standing and supporting your child... but flat out lying... to help him be found innocent of killing your grandchild and daughter in law???

DAVESBABYDOLL
11-14-2004, 06:54 AM

I remember that.

If he wasn't guilty,why did he dye his hair and beard,have $15,000 CASH,be 400 miles away when his wife was missing.Yes ,we weren't a juror BUT we are his peers also and the evidence they told us regular folk was enough for me to be convinced he did it.I watched this from the beginning,my parents mail me the Modesto Bee (news paper from where the Peterson's are from)

Maybe he confessed to his mother. As for me,if my son had did this and the evidence proved him guilty or he confessed to me,I would stand by him BUT would NOT condone what he did. Would I tell the truth?Absolutely,child or no child- if murder or any other haines (sp?) crime was committed by my child I would want them to face the music and take their punishment.Would I still show my love? Of course ,a parent's love is UNCONDITIONAL.

JMO

Tasha405
11-14-2004, 07:04 AM
I remember that.

If he wasn't guilty,why did he dye his hair and beard,have $15,000 CASH,be 400 miles away when his wife was missing.Yes ,we weren't a juror BUT we are his peers also and the evidence they told us regular folk was enough for me to be convinced he did it.I watched this from the beginning,my parents mail me the Modesto Bee (news paper from where the Peterson's are from)

Maybe he confessed to his mother. As for me,if my son had did this and the evidence proved him guilty or he confessed to me,I would stand by him BUT would NOT condone what he did. Would I tell the truth?Absolutely,child or no child- if murder or any other haines (sp?) crime was committed by my child I would want them to face the music and take their punishment.Would I still show my love? Of course ,a parent's love is UNCONDITIONAL.

JMO
ITA!

llbriteyes
11-14-2004, 07:34 AM
This man was convicted by the media...there was no solid proof. I don't think people understand the concept of "shadow of a doubt."

He was convicted by a jury. There had to be SOME proof.

Linda

DAVESBABYDOLL
11-14-2004, 07:42 AM

Linda

EXACTLY!!

He was CONVICTED by a jury of his peers.The defense DID NOT prove there was "shadow of a doubt".

Remember the mop by the door in their kitchen? Why would the man be moping when his wife was already missing for a few days? Cleaning up evidence?And why was he playing golf when she was missing? if a loved one of mine was missing I would be pounding the pavement for clues,hanging missing flyers and searching...he did NOTHING!

Tasha405
11-14-2004, 07:43 AM
EXACTLY!!

He was CONVICTED by a jury of his peers.The defense DID NOT prove there was "shadow of a doubt".

Remember the mop by the door in their kitchen? Why would the man be moping when his wife was already missing for a few days? Cleaning up evidence?And why was he playing golf when she was missing? if a loved one of mine was missing I would be pounding the pavement for clues,hanging missing flyers and searching...he did NOTHING!
Yep, Exactly!

DAVESBABYDOLL
11-14-2004, 07:44 AM
And another thing,if his mother knew (whick I believe she did..the $10,000 etc) she IS as guilty as her son!!

PrncsNYC
11-14-2004, 11:32 AM

Linda

yeah, all circumstantial. That is not enough to warrant a guilty verdict. My BF almost became a lawyer. He knows his stuff and I have learned a lot from him.

PrncsNYC
11-14-2004, 11:36 AM
[QUOTE=DAVESBABYDOLL]EXACTLY!!

QUOTE]

The defense most certainly did prove a shadow of a doubt, the jury just wanted to get home.

I am not saying he didn't do it. I am jsut saying that the burden of proof wasn't met and just bc 12 people say it was, doesn't mean it's so.

I don't know anything about mops bc I didn't follow the case and I didn't follow the case, bc like I said, it didn't deserve my attention any more than someone else having been murdered. They got all the attention bc they were attractive and well off and it made for a good way to sell newspapersand movies of the week.

JMO

DAVESBABYDOLL
11-14-2004, 12:08 PM
[QUOTE=DAVESBABYDOLL]EXACTLY!!

QUOTE]

The defense most certainly did prove a shadow of a doubt, the jury just wanted to get home.

I am not saying he didn't do it. I am jsut saying that the burden of proof wasn't met and just bc 12 people say it was, doesn't mean it's so.

I don't know anything about mops bc I didn't follow the case and I didn't follow the case, bc like I said, it didn't deserve my attention any more than someone else having been murdered. They got all the attention bc they were attractive and well off and it made for a good way to sell newspapersand movies of the week.

JMO

This murder case got attention because SHE WAS EIGHT MONTHS PREGNANT,BECAUSE A BABY AND A HEADLESS WOMAN WAS FOUND FLOATING IN THE BAY!And because Modesto is a tight knit community,they rally around their neighbors and they sought out any kind of help they could.

And NO the defense DID NOT prove beyond a showdow of doubt that he was innocent.And as for the jury finding him guilty just because they wanted to go home,that's bologna.Do you actually think those people would actually sit there and say a man was guilty knowing if they did so he would be facing the death penalty ,with a clear conscience say yes he did it just to go home? All twelve jurors??

KitKat420
11-14-2004, 12:08 PM
Scott Peterson was guilty as charged, Im jus glad Laci's family can start the healing process, he so deserves the death sentance. Point Blank

DAVESBABYDOLL
11-14-2004, 12:11 PM
My BF almost became a lawyer. He knows his stuff and I have learned a lot from him.

Please don't take offense but obviously not well enough if he "almost" became a lawyer.Did you/he follow the ENTIRE case?

PrncsNYC
11-14-2004, 12:36 PM
This murder case got attention because SHE WAS EIGHT MONTHS PREGNANT,BECAUSE A BABY AND A HEADLESS WOMAN WAS FOUND FLOATING IN THE BAY!And because Modesto is a tight knit community,they rally around their neighbors and they sought out any kind of help they could.

And NO the defense DID NOT prove beyond a showdow of doubt that he was innocent.And as for the jury finding him guilty just because they wanted to go home,that's bologna.Do you actually think those people would actually sit there and say a man was guilty knowing if they did so he would be facing the death penalty ,with a clear conscience say yes he did it just to go home? All twelve jurors??

The "A BABY AND A HEADLESS WOMAN WAS FOUND FLOATING IN THE BAY" was not found until when? Way after the months of attention the case had already gotten so that doesn't have anyhting to do with it.

and it is your opinion that the defense did not prove beyond a shadow of a doubt. Obviously there are other people who think they did.

Scott Peterson acted pompous and that is what swayed the jury. I am not saying that all 12 of them wanted to just go home but even if 1 of them just wanted to go home, that is all that was needed. I don't think it's crazy that one person who didn't think he was guilty but was tired of being the only one, might possibly just give in.

PrncsNYC
11-14-2004, 12:43 PM
Please don't take offense but obviously not well enough if he "almost" became a lawyer.Did you/he follow the ENTIRE case?

lol. You know what they say about making assumptions...

He "almost" became a lawyer. He did not become a lawyer bc he CHOSE not to. He knew it wasn't his passion. It sounds like you assume that he couldn't cut it, or didn't make it through school. Well, don't assume...

however, I don't take offense to something said by a stranger over the internet. I jsut don't care enough. I was just stating my opinion and I agree to disagree. That is all.

And as I stated twice before, I did not follow the case bc it didn't deserve any more attention than an other murder victims or murder defendants.

My BF works for CBS news in CA so yes, he did follow the case...all day every day so he probably followed more than most. And interestingly enough, only 1 person in the news bay thought he should have been convicted. (note:not the same as they thought he was innocent)

YNKYH8R
11-14-2004, 12:53 PM
EXACTLY!!

So...does that mean that OJ is truely inoccent?

PrncsNYC
11-14-2004, 01:00 PM
So...does that mean that OJ is truely inoccent?

;) ;) ;)

llbriteyes
11-14-2004, 01:33 PM
yeah, all circumstantial. That is not enough to warrant a guilty verdict. My BF almost became a lawyer. He knows his stuff and I have learned a lot from him.

You weren't in the courtroom. You didn't hear ALL the evidence. You don't know that it was all circumstantial.

Linda

PrncsNYC
11-14-2004, 01:52 PM
You weren't in the courtroom. You didn't hear ALL the evidence. You don't know that it was all circumstantial.

Linda

Were you in the courtroom? Did you hear all of the evidence? Do you know that it wasn't all circumstantial?

Where was the smoking gun? The witnesses who saw him commit the crime or dump the bodies? Cause it sure as heck wasn't reported in the news

llbriteyes
11-14-2004, 02:00 PM
Were you in the courtroom? Did you hear all of the evidence? Do you know that it wasn't all circumstantial?

Where was the smoking gun? The witnesses who saw him commit the crime or dump the bodies? Cause it sure as heck wasn't reported in the news

No. I wasn't in the courtroom. I didn't hear all the evidence, and neither did you.

Linda

DAVESBABYDOLL
11-14-2004, 02:09 PM
PrncsNYC~if you did not follow the case how do you know what swayed the jury,because you seen the mans face on TV once or twice? That's an assumption on your part.

I didn't assume he wasn't a lawyer for any reason,you stated he was almost a lawyer,you left that up to the imagination...either way I could care less.Like you and like I stated it was my opinion.

*please refer to my siggy line :)

I didn't follow the OJ case enough to make a decision of guilt or innocence.Celebrity cases (like that of OJ and Robert Blake & Michael Jackson)for some reason are not dealt with the same rules as day to day people like ourselves if we were to commit a crime,maybe it's the social status,maybe the money.Look at Claus Vonbulow,a wealthy man who gave his wife insulin that put her in a coma (still in one today) he was found guilty of attempted murder,he was a millionaire who found a lawyer (Horowitz (sp?) to have it reversed in appeals,the lawyer did KNOWING the man was guilty,but money bought his freedom.His wife Sunny was actually the millionaire.

PrncsNYC
11-14-2004, 02:12 PM
No. I wasn't in the courtroom. I didn't hear all the evidence, and neither did you.

Linda

Thank you for agreeing with me. That is my whole point.

iluvmybaby
11-14-2004, 02:18 PM
:o :o ~~Scurries out of the thread~~ :o :o

PrncsNYC
11-14-2004, 02:19 PM
[QUOTE=DAVESBABYDOLL]PrncsNYC~if you did not follow the case how do you know what swayed the jury,because you seen the mans face on TV once or twice? That's an assumption on your part.

I didn't assume he wasn't a lawyer for any reason,you stated he was almost a lawyer,you left that up to the imagination...either way I could care less.Like you and like I stated it was my opinion.

QUOTE]

No, actually it's not. All I know is that if there were clear cut non-circumstantial evidence as some people have stated, evidence that should have convicted him beyond a shadow of a doubt, I don't think it should have taken as long for a verdict to come back.

Then what did you mean by "Please don't take offense but obviously not well enough if he "almost" became a lawyer." ???

but this is silliness and I *couldn't* care less. I have said all I am going to say. People don't change their minds so it's a wase of time to bicker.

Lets all go out and enjoy our day. The sunshine calls me...

:)

DAVESBABYDOLL
11-14-2004, 02:26 PM
8 days to get a verdict is not long.It's known that if the jury comes back within two weeks it a guilty verdict,more time then that, not guilty.Those eight days included having two jurors removed and alternates placed.

Buh-Bye,have fun in the sun :p

justme23
11-14-2004, 04:13 PM

I'm sorry... while I'll agree to disagree on innocence or guilt... I do not believe it was because a pregnant woman died that this case got national attention. More and more pregnant women die every year due to domestic violence... yet Laci is the only one I've heard about on the NATIONAL news...

http://www.people-link.org/news/showupdates.php?upid=605

I couldn't find an article on national pregnancy homicides... but this one is interesting enough.

In a 2001 study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association, researchers in the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene found that between 1993 and 1998, homicide was responsible for more pregnancy-associated deaths in Maryland than any single medical cause, accounting for 20 percent of all pregnancy-associated deaths. Homicide accounted for twice as many deaths as the most common medical cause -- embolism.

More recently, in a study to be published in May in Child Maltreatment, a journal of the American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children, Krulewitch also focused on Maryland, attempting to calculate the risk for pregnant women in that state of being murdered during, or in the year after, a pregnancy. Looking at all female victims of murder in Maryland between 1994 and 1998, Krulewitch found that pregnant women were disproportionately represented. Comparing the percentage of women in the total female population who were pregnant to the percentage of murder victims who were pregnant, Krulewitz found that pregnant women were twice as likely to be murdered as non- pregnant women of the same age.

A 2002 study in the Journal of the American Medical Women's Association also found that homicide was the leading cause of pregnancy-associated deaths in Massachusetts from 1990 to 1999. They also determined that the rate of pregnancy-associated deaths -- not necessarily homicides -- was at least three times higher for African-American women, and all women younger than 25 and between the ages of 40 to 44.

In a similar study, researchers at Winston-Salem's Wake Forest University School of Medicine found that of 167 pregnancy-associated deaths in North Carolina from 1992 to 1994, 22 (13 percent) were a result of homicide. Women who accounted for half of the injury-related maternal deaths -- not necessarily homicides -- were known to have been abused or were suspected of being abused by either an intimate partner or an acquaintance. The study also indicated that more than one-fourth of them (26.8 percent) were known to have abused drugs and/or alcohol.

Other studies have found that trauma is the leading cause of death of pregnant women and that most trauma deaths -- defined as injury, accident or violence -- are due to murder. Researchers from Johns Hopkins University School of Hygiene and Public Health examined death certificates from the New York City Medical Examiner's Office, and found that among pregnant women who died of trauma in New York City from 1987 to 1991, 63 percent were murdered. Researchers there concluded that "homicide and other injuries are major contributors to maternal mortality and should be (but rarely are) included routinely in maternal mortality surveillance systems."

And figures collected from Chicago's Cook County Medical Examiner's Office revealed that 57 percent of pregnant women who died of trauma from 1986 to 1989 were murdered. A fourth of those women were shot to death, 13 percent were stabbed, and 13 percent were strangled. Suicide accounted for 9 percent of the trauma deaths.

dangerousfem
11-14-2004, 05:15 PM
There was that girl a month or so ago .Lori Hacking. she was pregnant, and her hubby killed her.. then tried to act crazy.. turns out he had been lying about going to school and a bunch of other things... it was all over the news...

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/West/08/02/missing.woman/

GaPeachy
11-14-2004, 05:35 PM
Jackie Peterson LIED on the witness stand!!If i was the DA id be getting my case for perjury ready!Guess it true,apple doesnt fall to far from the tree.....Family full of liars......

justme23
11-14-2004, 05:53 PM
There was that girl a month or so ago .Lori Hacking. she was pregnant, and her hubby killed her.. then tried to act crazy.. turns out he had been lying about going to school and a bunch of other things... it was all over the news...

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/West/08/02/missing.woman/

Ok, you're right... two out of the hundreds or thousands each year.

I did forget about Lori... but it's not enough... if one or two are gonna get it, they should all get it.

DAVESBABYDOLL
11-15-2004, 05:43 AM
Ok, you're right... two out of the hundreds or thousands each year.

I did forget about Lori... but it's not enough... if one or two are gonna get it, they should all get it.

And when will you be satisfied,when there are 50,000 cases as the Peterson's on the news?

And this case made the news because the police asked for community assistance to help locate Scott Peterson,whom by the way just got $10,000 from mommy,who said she took it out of the wrong account and gave cash to her other son for a truck.He was found with la lot of money,a bleached hairdo,400 miles away....open your eyes,why run if your not guilty?

YNKYH8R
11-15-2004, 06:45 AM
....open your eyes,why run if your not guilty?
You mean like OJ? :)

justmehere
11-15-2004, 07:00 AM
I feel it is sooo wrong to Boo the Peterson family....Come on lets be real here!!!
I have daughters, and I know they have a mind of their own... and they know how to use it...and they either know right from wrong, or are still learning as they grow.....but I will not put my foot in my mouth and say..."My kids will do nothing like this.. if they do its me fault"???? :confused: :eek: PLEASE????

I try and raise my girls in a respectful way of life..I do everything possible to be a good parent....but I can not set here an say..."It is my fault my ADULT kids break the law" :rolleyes:

Scott Perterson was found guilty... my opinion is...I have to put trust in our justice system to make the right decisions for us all when breaking the law... this person is no different than another whom has broken the law....but his parents sure as heck have no right to be any part of the blame for his actions.. he is a big boy.. he knew right from wrong.. he choose to do wrong.. so he has to pay... JMO :)

Tasha405
11-15-2004, 08:11 AM
If your kids do something like this its not your fault BUT when you lie and try to cover up everything... well that makes you just as guilty in my eyes. She knew her son done it and she tried to lie and cover it all up for him.

Oh and yes OJ was guilty too. That men left everything there (at the scene of the crime) but his own kitchen sink. He tried to run too...why? Because he is/was GUILTY!

DAVESBABYDOLL
11-15-2004, 08:12 AM
You mean like OJ? :)

GET OFF THE OJ CRAP,THIS THREAD ISN'T ABOUT HIM..IT'S ABOUT THE PETERSON CASE :rolleyes:

AND GO BACK AND READ MY POST ABOUT THE CELEBRITY CASES..GOOD GAWD :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Tasha405
11-15-2004, 08:14 AM
but his parents sure as heck have no right to be any part of the blame for his actions.. he is a big boy.. he knew right from wrong.. he choose to do wrong.. so he has to pay... JMO :)
His parents aren't part of the blame as far as the crime itsself goes but they are to blame for lying and trying to cover up what their son done.

YNKYH8R
11-15-2004, 09:11 AM
GET OFF THE OJ CRAP,THIS THREAD ISN'T ABOUT HIM..IT'S ABOUT THE PETERSON CASE :rolleyes:

AND GO BACK AND READ MY POST ABOUT THE CELEBRITY CASES..GOOD GAWD :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Oooooooooooooooooooooo....touchy! :cool:

DAVESBABYDOLL
11-15-2004, 09:24 AM
Oooooooooooooooooooooo....touchy! :cool:

Don't you wish.I wouldn't let you touch me with OJ's hand.Besides it takes alot more then a post to get under my skin.But I do give you a "E" for effert at least your persistant in trying :D

*skipping off to FSOT for awhile

YNKYH8R
11-15-2004, 09:25 AM
Don't you wish.I wouldn't let you touch me with OJ's hand.Besides it takes alot more then a post to get under my skin.But I do give you a "E" for effert at least your persistant in trying :D

*skipping off to FSOT for awhile
All I'm saying is have to find the parralells pretty interesting is all... :)

justme23
11-15-2004, 11:16 AM
And when will you be satisfied,when there are 50,000 cases as the Peterson's on the news?

And this case made the news because the police asked for community assistance to help locate Scott Peterson,whom by the way just got $10,000 from mommy,who said she took it out of the wrong account and gave cash to her other son for a truck.He was found with la lot of money,a bleached hairdo,400 miles away....open your eyes,why run if your not guilty?

No, I'd be satisfied if nobody got murdered... the point was that it didn't make the news because she was pregnant... and it certainly didn't make the NATIONAL news because the police asked for help looking for him... they had a gps system on his vehicle... and if you've followed the case, then you already know that he went to Mexico once w/ police blessing and returned... so whose to say he actually was running?

karefree
11-15-2004, 12:06 PM
Neither family deserved what happened and certainly Lori and Conner did not.
It was a horror that no one deserves.

I followed the case, though evidently not as closely as some, and wonder what it was that Jackie lied about under oath. Please tell me. Thank you.

irrelevant0
11-15-2004, 12:38 PM
i also agree with luvmybaby

if that were my child, i would not support him. how could you support a killer?

DAVESBABYDOLL
11-15-2004, 12:48 PM
Neither family deserved what happened and certainly Lori and Conner did not.
It was a horror that no one deserves.

I followed the case, though evidently not as closely as some, and wonder what it was that Jackie lied about under oath. Please tell me. Thank you.

This is from dangerousfem's post.There were a few other things that were on tape of Jackie and Scott.

Does anyone really believe that his mom accidently took $10,000 out of the wrong account to buy his brother a truck?.. then returned it to him in cash??? please.. cause we all carry that kind of cash around.. no if you took money out of an account by mistake and were giving it back.. you would write a check.. it is so clear that story was made up...

and..

if you have that kind of money.. and by all accounts they are well off... are you really gonna have your son, who is out on bond, borrow his brothers id so you can save $25 on green fees .... ummm no your not.. so the dad's story was just as lame..

DAVESBABYDOLL
11-15-2004, 12:53 PM
All I'm saying is have to find the parralells pretty interesting is all... :)

Not hardly...How long did the Peterson case take from start to a guilty verdict? Eleven months.

Celebrity case example-Robert Black~his wife was shot in 2001 still no verdict,let alone an actual trial.

How long was OJ's? Michael Jackson's case?

The MONEY,MONEY,MONEY is on a totally different parralel.

YNKYH8R
11-15-2004, 01:44 PM
Not hardly...How long did the Peterson case take from start to a guilty verdict? Eleven months.

Celebrity case example-Robert Black~his wife was shot in 2001 still no verdict,let alone an actual trial.

How long was OJ's? Michael Jackson's case?

The MONEY,MONEY,MONEY is on a totally different parralel.
All that is true. I was talking about, actually not talking more like thinking, that there was more physical evidence (gloves, Bruno Molly :rolleyes: shoes, the knife, blood everywhere even the Bronco) and less circumstantial then Peterson's and he was found guilty and OJ was innocent. The crimes were just as gruesome. OJ's wife had her head was almost completely decapitated save for some skin that held the head onto the torso. And we all have an idea what Laci's body went through (though there was no cause of death ruled) You say money, I agree that Oj has or had more. but if you think of it either the prosocution for the Peterson trial will go down as the best crime investigation team in thier DA's history or the Marsha Clark is the most incompetent lawyer this side of the international date line.

DAVESBABYDOLL
11-15-2004, 07:47 PM
All that is true. I was talking about, actually not talking more like thinking, that there was more physical evidence (gloves, Bruno Molly :rolleyes: shoes, the knife, blood everywhere even the Bronco) and less circumstantial then Peterson's and he was found guilty and OJ was innocent. The crimes were just as gruesome. OJ's wife had her head was almost completely decapitated save for some skin that held the head onto the torso. And we all have an idea what Laci's body went through (though there was no cause of death ruled) You say money, I agree that Oj has or had more. but if you think of it either the prosocution for the Peterson trial will go down as the best crime investigation team in thier DA's history or the Marsha Clark is the most incompetent lawyer this side of the international date line.

I agree will all that,I didn't really follow that case,but still was confused as to it coming to a not guilty verdict.But a las,society has let him know how they feel.I read that they hate him in Florida and going to their golf course lol .I guess he is pretty much shunned.

And where are all the lawyers from his case-both sides?lol I saw Johnny Cochran (sp?)doing his own commercial for his law firm lol The guy with that big nose (sorry,can't think of his name) he is doing a tv gig about court cases.No one came on top in that case.

Jolie Rouge
11-15-2004, 11:30 PM
WHAT THE JURY DIDN'T HEAR

During Scott Peterson's 21-week trial, jurors heard from 184 witnesses and reviewed hundreds of exhibits. They saw a lot, but they didn't see everything. Some evidence was deemed irrelevant or prejudicial; lawyers determined other items didn't fit with their trial strategy. Here's a list of some of the evidence jurors didn't hear,....

www.courttv.com/trials/peter...r.html?link=rss

Tracking dogs found Laci Peterson's scent in areas that suggested she left her home by car, not foot, and had been in her husband's boat.

Judge Alfred A. Delucchi barred this particular evidence as "iffy."

Jackie Peterson told her son to "deny everything" when talking to detectives, prompting one investigator to conclude his parents "know more about what really happened to Laci Peterson."

Investigator Steve Jacobson wrote this report after listening to a phone call Jan. 17, 2003, a few days after reports of Peterson's mistress surfaced in the press: "On January 17th Scott receives a voice mail from his mother. His mother tells him he should 'deny, deny, deny' and that she was told that years ago by an attorney.

His mother tells him his sister Susan (Caudillo) needs to get a yes or no answer from him. His mother thinks that may not be a good idea. His mother said he must deny 'anything.'"

Peterson told police that marina workers saw him returning from the bay and asked him about his fishing trip.

Those men — if they existed and were ever located — never took the stand.

When Jackie Peterson heard police were searching the San Francisco Bay again, she told her son that no one — "not even you, Scott" — would be stupid enough to dump bodies in the very location of their alibi.

Modesto Police Department report on the wiretap: "On January 26, 2003, at 1828 hours, Scott called home and talked with his mother. Scott told his mother that Detective Grogan called him today and told him police were back searching again in the bay. Scott's mother asked if Det. Grogan was crazy and asked why he called him. Scott replied that he thought Det. Grogan was just trying to get a reaction from him. Scott's mother said, 'I can't imagine anyone being stupid enough to say they went fishing in the Berkeley Bay after having committed a crime there. I mean not even you Scott.'"

more at the site -- I just thought these were among the most telling ....

IMHO - Scott's parents could be charged as "accomplices after the fact".

Jaxx
11-16-2004, 01:23 AM
well i watched the case on Court TV everyday and i think that he did it
but even so,this is such a sad situation for everyone involved.
I hope now that Laci & Connor can rest in peace :(