PDA

View Full Version : Those who have used DC with the POst office, what does this mean?

Quaker_Parrots
11-10-2004, 05:16 PM
Your item was accepted at 1:02 pm on November 10, 2004 in SPARTA, MI 49345. Does it mean it was delivered at my house, or that it got to the post office?

cpbaby
11-10-2004, 05:36 PM
It was accepted at the post office.

Quaker_Parrots
11-10-2004, 05:44 PM
I ended up calling them, since tomorrow is veterans day, and I had the postal carrier from hell today, who never gets the mail right, and they still keep him, and occassionally put him on my route no matter how many people complain about his misdeliveries. I was sooooooo scared he had given my package to my neighbors up the street.(the not so honest ones) guess I get to wait til friday to get it.

Thanks for the help.

cpbaby
11-10-2004, 05:45 PM
When it is delivered, it will say "This package was delivered on XX/XX/XXXX at X:XX am/pm".

Quaker_Parrots
11-10-2004, 05:57 PM
When it is delivered, it will say "This package was delivered on XX/XX/XXXX at X:XX am/pm".

Thank you so much, as you can tell, I don't know alot about tracking through the PO. I usually get everything shipped UPS, but JC Penney decided to play with my order and ship it through the PO, guess it serves me right for complaining about their policies,lol.

nanajoanie
11-10-2004, 06:01 PM
You mentioned Sparta, MI. That's real close to Grand Rapids, MI where I was born and raised :)

Quaker_Parrots
11-10-2004, 06:06 PM
Yep, sure is, small town life, but not too far from the big City, if you want entertainment. Like it here, nice and quiet. I live about 8 miles from where I was born, but was raised in Tennessee. Nana, didn't you tell me you usta live in the Wyoming area?

nanajoanie
11-10-2004, 06:07 PM
Yep, sure is, small town life, but not too far from the big City, if you want entertainment. Like it here, nice and quiet. I live about 8 miles from where I was born, but was raised in Tennessee. Nana, didn't you tell me you usta live in the Wyoming area?

Born and raised in Grand Rapids. My brother lives in Wyoming near 44th St.
Wild that you remembered I mentioned Wyoming. Wish I had 1/2 that memory.

Quaker_Parrots
11-10-2004, 06:13 PM
Born and raised in Grand Rapids. My brother lives in Wyoming near 44th St.
Wild that you remembered I mentioned Wyoming. Wish I had 1/2 that memory.
Hehehe, I just don't see that many people from around here. I think there are only a few on here, one being MSUspartan (I think she is from Walker)

Weather has been sooooo nice here, we are actually getting to see fall, haven't even seen the first snowflake yet, and I just love the fact I don't have to put up with all the crawlies I did down south (brown recluses, copperhead, cotton mouths, and the like), and very few hot humid days. LOL, wish I could get rid of the snow though, at least it doesn't get as slick here as it does in TN.

Did you ever know any Armstrongs when you lived here?

nanajoanie
11-10-2004, 06:20 PM
MSUspartan (I think she is from Walker) - less than 2 miles from my folks house. Sorry I didn't know any Armstrongs. I lived at Ann & Lafayette off US 131 - 6 blocks up from Grand River. Creston High School 1958.

Quaker_Parrots
11-10-2004, 06:27 PM
MSUspartan (I think she is from Walker) - less than 2 miles from my folks house. Sorry I didn't know any Armstrongs. I lived at Ann & Lafayette off US 131 - 6 blocks up from Grand River. Creston High School 1958.

Yep, know that area. When my parents first moved here (back in the forties) they lived where the Big boy is now on Pearl St, just off 131, then moved to Rockford.

nanajoanie
11-10-2004, 06:32 PM
Yep, know that area. When my parents first moved here (back in the forties) they lived where the Big boy is now on Pearl St, just off 131, then moved to Rockford.

Never ate at that one downtown only at the one on N. Plainfield. We pulled in Big Boy parking lot and a few would go around or over the fence to Mc Donalds next door for the original fantastic FF. Big Boy was for a super burger. Oh the days of cruising with our buddies :D

Quaker_Parrots
11-10-2004, 06:50 PM
Never ate at that one downtown only at the one on N. Plainfield. We pulled in Big Boy parking lot and a few would go around or over the fence to Mc Donalds next door for the original fantastic FF. Big Boy was for a super burger. Oh the days of cruising with our buddies :D

That one is gone now, they tore it down a few years ago and put in a car lot :mad: If we want Big Boy, we have to go to Cedar Springs or Pearl St (the 2 closest ones) Mc Donalds is still there though, I used to eat there as a kid, and Mom and Dad always shoppped at the Plainfield Meijer.

nanajoanie
11-10-2004, 07:13 PM
That one is gone now, they tore it down a few years ago and put in a car lot :mad: If we want Big Boy, we have to go to Cedar Springs or Pearl St (the 2 closest ones) Mc Donalds is still there though, I used to eat there as a kid, and Mom and Dad always shoppped at the Plainfield Meijer.

My sister and hubby lived in Cedar Springs for years but now in KY. Mom and I used to shop at Plainfield Meijer's and ate lunch upstairs. Do you remember Mircle Mart which was the first sorta like K-Mart over the Ann St. bridge? Also was an old ice skate rink where I broke ribs playing hockey with the boys.

Quaker_Parrots
11-11-2004, 04:51 AM
I don't remember that, we moved from here when I was five, in '76, though I bet my brothers and sister would(they are quite a bit older than me, and stayed here) I was a little devil,lol. When we moved, I didn't want food from anywhere but Meijer, and I refused to eat any eggs unless they came from Kitson's--we lived near Kitson's egg farm, and I believe all of my brothers worked there at one time or another. Mom tricked me, and kept some of the containers so I would think that was where they came from.