PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever??

GR8_1
11-08-2004, 10:38 AM
Have you ever been in a restaurant and a group of people at the table next to you are having a discussion about a topic that you are have a very passionate opinion or point of view that is the OPPOSITE of them?? The discussion contains no vulgarities, no obscenites, and no profanities. But you just think that they are way off in left field because their views are completely the opposite of yours.

What do you do?

I will be interested to see the replies to this!

schsa
11-08-2004, 10:42 AM
I don't interupt other people's conversations regardless of how passionate I might feel about the subject. I would consider it rude if someone did it to me.

fatesfaery
11-08-2004, 10:43 AM
I'm not going to do anything. People have a right to discuss anything they want, no matter if their opinion differs from mine.
After I left the resaurant, I'd probably mention it to whoever I was with, but I'd never insert my opinion into an overheard conversation.

Freebeemom
11-08-2004, 11:59 AM
Naw...I would just let it go...I would probably talk about it with whoever I was with. Actually, I would probably be happy that they weren't useing profanity and impressed that they could actually hold a conversation without getting so mad!

Although, in college, I did tell a group what I thought as I was leaving the restaurant...in so many words....

Maybe it was just the blue margaritas talking! :D

llbriteyes
11-08-2004, 12:05 PM
Its just plain rude to cut in on someone's coversation.

Now another problem... I know what to do NOW, but back then I was just so shocked I didn't say anything....

My mother, sister and I took a trip to Vegas. We were sitting in one of the eateries, beside an obviously gay couple. They were just doing the same thing we were. Eating, talking. My sister came out with this HUGE BAD.. REALLY HUGE BAD (did I mention it was awful?) comment regarding them. I was so shocked, I choked on my soup. I didn't say anything then (this was several years back), and to this day it bothers me BAD that I didn't say something. Shame on me. And I mean it. It was AWFUL.

So, just for the record, I want to apologize to the people she said it too. She was ignorant and stupid for having said that, and I don't agree. I am ashamed of her for saying it.

Sorry to poop in your threat, but MAN do I feel better.

Kelsey1224
11-08-2004, 12:06 PM
I'd mind my own business and stay out of the discussion. Part of maturity is understanding that not everyone will agree with me on every issue and that people are entitled to their opinions regardless of whether they differ from mine.

Good manners is when we respect the boundaries of civilized discussion. These people were having a polite discussion which...other than being a topic for which you have a strong opinion...had nothing to do with you.

JMHO...

janelle
11-08-2004, 01:56 PM
My sister and I overheard an older woman telling her friend how she hoped her grandson didn't marry that girl cause she was a ********, our religion. We just laughed to each other.

I think people should realize where they are before they say these things out loud in public. At least they could say it in a softer voice.

Sai Sevel
11-08-2004, 01:58 PM
LOL, I dont listen to other people convos in the first place. Its kinda rude.....no offense *hides*

hotwheelstx
11-08-2004, 02:02 PM
I stay out of them. Even if I'm asked. All is does is cause you and others trouble.

Shann
11-08-2004, 02:52 PM
I agree with everyone. I try to not listen if at all possible and just keep my mouth shut. Everyone is entitled to their opinion even if I think it's wrong. Of course they would think my opinion was wrong if it was the opposite of theirs.

msmom79
11-08-2004, 04:44 PM
I Agree With Everyone Here.but I Would Probally Have To Bite My Tongue Not To Say Anything.i Would However When I Left The Store Or Restraint Ask The Person I Was With,what Their Opinion Was.we Have To Much Rudeness In This World Now,i Dont Need To Follow That. Jmo , Ann

laughsalot
11-08-2004, 05:02 PM
I would not interupt their discussion no matter how I felt about their conversation. It would be rude and they arent trying to push their opinions off on me, and if you think about it, even if I did say something I would just be trying to make them see things my way and who ever said my way was the right way? No, no and no.

PrncsNYC
11-08-2004, 08:49 PM
a bit off topic but the other night I was out to dinner doing a mystery shop and the girl at the table next to me was on a first date and she was talking about how she's a voice over actress for cartoons like rugrats and rugrats all gron up. I was sooo jealous as that is my all time number one job. I tried soo hard to tune ehr out but the tables were only inches apart. So it's not always possible to "not listen"

I am still thiking about it days later. lol

flute
11-08-2004, 11:28 PM
I probably wouldn't jump into someone else's conversation.

But, man who ever I'm eating dinner with would get a mouthful lol ;)

LazyTimeGirl
11-09-2004, 07:25 AM
Well it would be quite rude to break into a total stranger's private conversation. Just keep on eating your food and don't say a word.

JLJFOREVER
11-09-2004, 08:41 AM
Yeah, I Wouldn't Say Anything To Those People But I Would Wait Until Me And Whoever I Was With Have Left And Then Talk To Them About It!