PDA

View Full Version : What does DH Stand For?

remoore
11-07-2004, 03:46 PM
I keep seeing the abbreviation of DH used in posts all over the place, but I can't figure out what it means! HELP - it's driving me crazy. I read the FAQ's, I searched here and I even did a Google search, but came up blank.

I'd really appreciate an answer.

Thanks!

FreeIs4Me
11-07-2004, 03:48 PM
Dear Husband or Darling Husband or sometimes even Da&#ed Husband LOL!

hdlzx2
11-07-2004, 03:49 PM
Dear Husband

tsquared
11-07-2004, 03:50 PM
I keep seeing the abbreviation of DH used in posts all over the place, but I can't figure out what it means! HELP - it's driving me crazy. I read the FAQ's, I searched here and I even did a Google search, but came up blank.

I'd really appreciate an answer.

Thanks!
Means Dear Hubby,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but sometimes the women on here mean something else for the D.......... :eek: :D

janelle
11-07-2004, 03:58 PM
There's some web sites out there that tell you what computer lingo is. I put a few into my favorites but I'm on my laptop so I can't call it up for you right now. Do a search on computer lingo.

sheasherry
11-07-2004, 04:19 PM
omg !!!! i always thought they meant dumb husband ....dont know why ...thats why whenever i said any thing about my hubby i just say hubby ...instead of dh ...lol..lol..lol...thanks for clearing that up for me also ...... :D

adorkablex
11-07-2004, 04:32 PM
There's some web sites out there that tell you what computer lingo is. I put a few into my favorites but I'm on my laptop so I can't call it up for you right now. Do a search on computer lingo.

True there are those types of sites. However this board is the only place online where I've ever seen the DH,DW,DS,DD short cuts used. I once dug up a thread with all of the lingo used on this board but I don't have the slightest clue what happened to it.

kelly12569
11-07-2004, 05:23 PM
DH.... dear husband
DW....dear wife
DD... dear daughter
DS ... dear son
SS.... step son
SD.... step daughter

;)

nanajoanie
11-07-2004, 05:41 PM
The only time I think I've used the letters is for 1 BIL and 1 SIL. I'd rather use the words for the rest of the dear family members :)

YankeeMary
11-07-2004, 06:43 PM
omg !!!! i always thought they meant dumb husband ....dont know why ...thats why whenever i said any thing about my hubby i just say hubby ...instead of dh ...lol..lol..lol...thanks for clearing that up for me also ...... :D

I thought that also before I knew what it meant..lol...feels good not to be alone...lol.