PDA

View Full Version : 6 more days... need suggestions!

suziebee20
11-07-2004, 11:15 AM
Jaime's 18th birthday is just 6 days away! I need suggestions on what to get him! I want to get him a bunch of small gifts since his parents don't appear to be getting him anything again (what's new?). That way he'll have a bunch of small things to open. I'm getting him scratcher tickets because that'll be fun since he'll be 18 and old enough to play loto. Other than that I'm not sure, I might get him some candy but I always do that. I don't want to spend a great deal on him now because for Christmas he may be getting the Nintendo DS that he wants and that will put me back $150. All he really has interest in is video games and such and I don't want to drop $50 on a game.

So... anyone got any cutsie fun ideas? I'm so excited that he's finally turning 18. He said his parents are going to start charging him rent... Phhhttt. They've still been taking his paychecks so what difference does that make? He's having a BBQ on Saturday and his mother said I can come. I don't know if I feel safe going though because I have a feeling the woman is going to spend the entire evening giving me the eye and such. Then again I want to go and get some good shots for our scrapbook... so I don't know. :confused: It'll be nice though because next month we are going to stay the night at Old Town. It's this historic park place in San Diego, I've been there a few times when I was younger. It's supposed to have some haunted places... think I'll stay away from those though! :eek:

nanajoanie
11-07-2004, 11:26 AM
Might be the perfect chance to start with tools. Start small. Get a fishing tackle box. Buy inexpensive tools, screwdriver, pliers, hammer, small boxes of nails/screw/nuts/etc. You can get all that stuff at Wallyworld without spending too much. Then each gift giving occasion you could get a new tool. When the tackle box is full, get a nice big toolbox. Or if he is into small electric tools - screwdriver, jigsaw, small appliance repair kit (tiny tools for repairs on puters/TV's/game machines. Good luck but mostly have fun as I'm sure you will. Also in the tackle box, you could add coupons like "good for 1 huggle", good for 1 "backrub", good for 3 "smooches". Use your imagination on the coupon :D

catssass
11-07-2004, 11:55 AM
You could always do a New wallet (billfold), gift certificates to McDonalds, Burger King etc., gas cards, jewelry, cologne....

intrigued
11-07-2004, 05:46 PM
Gift cards to his favorite stores. My 18 year old neice liked those better than anything. Does he collect anything? If so maybe add something to his collection.