PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to sell Antiques but where?

LindyLee
11-04-2004, 01:17 PM
I have some antiques I'm wanting to sell. I thought about E-bay but i really dont know where to start the price at and i dont wanna change too less or too much you know? I had an online apprisial and one item is valued about 200-400$ so they are big money items. Is there any real good place to sell stuff like that? If anyone has any suggestions please reply! I could REALLY use the money!

FYI heres the items if you're curious. I have pics if anyone actually wants to buy something *L*

2 antique boxer pictures (painted) the boxers are from the 1800s (sorry cant remember who they are right this second) I had the online appriasal and it was the one that was valued 200-400$.

a silver coffee urn. Dont know how much this is worth

A cadalilac early 1900s ad (laqured on a board) was told this is worth 10-50$ depending on the person who buys it.

A working monkey lamp. We think its about the 1940s. its stamped on the bottom Peoples republic of China. Have no clue what its worth.

buttrfli
11-04-2004, 01:36 PM
have you looked on ebay to see if there are the same items being sold already? that is a great way to base your prices on.

nanajoanie
11-04-2004, 01:57 PM
I'd do a 'google' search or your favorite search site for 'antiques to sell. For some reason I don't trust ebay for stuff like that. And local antique shops are the cheapest pits to go for money for your stuff at least in my area. Good luck. Search, search, search :)

Kelsey1224
11-04-2004, 02:30 PM
Selling things privately is very iffy unless you are very knowledgeable about your stuff and can back your asking price with documentation and appraisals.

Your best option would be to go to a local antique mart where they might sell something for you on commission.

I will tell you that silver items are quite plentiful and do not usually bring in what they are worth. And there is a lot of silverplate out there which is almost worthless when you are trying to resell it. There are exceptions to the rule...solid silver items from England or France from the late 1800's does have value.

To bad you don't have an Antique Roadshow coming near you...

Good luck!