PDA

View Full Version : God Bless America!!!

MittensKit
11-03-2004, 04:42 PM
We Got 4 More Years.....Woo Hoo!!! And we don't have to worry about Flip-flops. If Kerry really wants to help our country he should use his bucks and the Heinz billions to help our poor, sick, aged, etc.

llbriteyes
11-03-2004, 05:28 PM
We Got 4 More Years.....Woo Hoo!!! And we don't have to worry about Flip-flops. If Kerry really wants to help our country he should use his bucks and the Heinz billions to help our poor, sick, aged, etc.

First of all, they DO those things. Secondly, America lost. We have four more years of OUR men dying in the desert and for WHAT? And a stupid "marriage" ammendment (no less) put on there to DISCRIMINATE against undesirables. No stem cell research either, because we have a PASTOR in the White House, and he DEEMS it so. Four more years of crappy decisions nobody is allowed to question or challenge. Four more years of lies. Four more years of men like my husband losing his job to outsourcing. You know the deficit? Do you know that the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA OWES money to other countries????

So, no. The US didn't win. We lost, and we lost big.

adorkablex
11-03-2004, 05:37 PM

How is this a Vent/Whine?

adorkablex
First of all, they DO those things. Secondly, America lost. We have four more years of OUR men dying in the desert and for WHAT? And a stupid "marriage" ammendment (no less) put on there to DISCRIMINATE against undesirables. No stem cell research either, because we have a PASTOR in the White House, and he DEEMS it so. Four more years of crappy decisions nobody is allowed to question or challenge. Four more years of lies. Four more years of men like my husband losing his job to outsourcing. You know the deficit? Do you know that the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA OWES money to other countries????

So, no. The US didn't win. We lost, and we lost big.
Very well put!

schsa
And when your husband looses his job because big business moves to Mexico and they aren't being punished for doing it, thank George Bush. And when the price of gasoline keeps going up and the price of food goes up and then we experience inflation, thank George Bush. And consider all of those new jobs that have been created in the low paying service industry as opposed to high tech and manufacturing which pays very well, thank George Bush.

And when your sons and daughters come home in body bags, thank George Bush.

cavemtmomma
11-03-2004, 05:43 PM
Stem cell research is alive and well. President Bush is the FIRST PRESIDENT IN HISTORY to fund it. No other pres ever has. What Bush has done is limit federal funding to several already developed lines of FETAL CELLS. The federal gov. still funds research just not killing more babies for stem cells. Private companies can kill all the babies they want. And just to set this record straight, the are several cancer treatments involving stem cells that have been proven to work, all of them involve either adult stem cells or umbilical cors stem cells. There is not one therapy that involves fetal cells. None nada, zip. So you can moan about what ever you like but at least have the facts straight. And BTW G-D Bless George Bush.
Also if you examine a list of things the Heinz family funds it generally supports left wing causes, usually environmental. Here in my state that means millions in lost wages as these nuts tie up natural resources. And since some Kerry supporters claim we're in this war for oil shouldn't gas prices go down? There is an all volunteer armed forces no one has been forced to fight. How is Bush responsible for eleven different states affirming that marriage is ment to be between one man and one woman??
While the initial post may not have been a whine it sure didn't take long for this thread to turn into one :mad:

cleaningla
11-03-2004, 05:45 PM
Why in the world would God bless a nation of ignorant, hateful warmongers? I'm sure their are plenty of people out there more deserving of God's blessings than us.

llbriteyes
11-03-2004, 05:57 PM

Its a gloat.

llbriteyes
11-03-2004, 05:58 PM
And when your husband looses his job because big business moves to Mexico and they aren't being punished for doing it, thank George Bush. And when the price of gasoline keeps going up and the price of food goes up and then we experience inflation, thank George Bush. And consider all of those new jobs that have been created in the low paying service industry as opposed to high tech and manufacturing which pays very well, thank George Bush.

And when your sons and daughters come home in body bags, thank George Bush.

As Pastor Bush would say... "Amen."

cavemtmomma
11-03-2004, 05:58 PM
Cleaningla, in a previous thread you said that fundamental Christians believe in an eye for an eye and that they will cut off your hand for stealing. Somehow I think that any observation you make about what G-d should or shouldn't do, I will take witha grain of salt. At least until you know the difference between Islam and Christianity and what's in the Torah. Just my opinion here.

llbriteyes
11-03-2004, 06:04 PM
Stem cell research is alive and well. President Bush is the FIRST PRESIDENT IN HISTORY to fund it. No other pres ever has. What Bush has done is limit federal funding to several already developed lines of FETAL CELLS. The federal gov. still funds research just not killing more babies for stem cells. Private companies can kill all the babies they want. And just to set this record straight, the are several cancer treatments involving stem cells that have been proven to work, all of them involve either adult stem cells or umbilical cors stem cells. There is not one therapy that involves fetal cells. None nada, zip. So you can moan about what ever you like but at least have the facts straight. And BTW G-D Bless George Bush.
Also if you examine a list of things the Heinz family funds it generally supports left wing causes, usually environmental. Here in my state that means millions in lost wages as these nuts tie up natural resources. And since some Kerry supporters claim we're in this war for oil shouldn't gas prices go down? There is an all volunteer armed forces no one has been forced to fight. How is Bush responsible for eleven different states affirming that marriage is ment to be between one man and one woman??
While the initial post may not have been a whine it sure didn't take long for this thread to turn into one :mad:

I would venture to say that NOBODY is into killing babies for their stemcells. That's just stupid. That's akin to saying all Democrats are barbarians. How many stem cells are on hold because Pastor Bush deems it isn't the Christian thing to do? They are ALREADY there! And while I'm at it, since when does the government get to legislate morality? Ummmm since Bush? What happens when his right to his personal religion becomes an inpediment to ru;nning the country. Oh yeah.... there it is.

One more thing. America is NOT in war for oil. Period. Its a stupid statement. If we REALLY needed oil, we have Alaska. So the supposed war for/on oil is assinine.

I believe the reglious right is responsible for the marriage act being defeated. It sucks. Government should NOT have the right to step into peoples personal beliefs.

Linda

llbriteyes
11-03-2004, 06:05 PM
Why in the world would God bless a nation of ignorant, hateful warmongers? I'm sure their are plenty of people out there more deserving of God's blessings than us.

Woohoo! Amen again!

navywife
11-03-2004, 06:07 PM

Nice statement :rolleyes:

Katt
11-03-2004, 06:08 PM
The federal gov. still funds research just not killing more babies for stem cells. Private companies can kill all the babies they want.

They were not killing babies to get the cells. :rolleyes: The cells come from either "left overs" from vitro fertilization (which would be discared and destroyed anyway, once the mother got the fertilized egg she wanted) and from aborted fetuses. The government and private agencies weren't killing babies to get the cells. Geeze. They have no control over an individual's decision to abort a fetus. If a woman chooses to abort, why not at least let something good come from it? At least then, the embryo wouldn't have been just "trashed". It could have went to research that might have saved many lives down the line. Instead, those aborted fetuses are incinerated. Now, instead of trying to make a living child heathy, there is a dead fetus, and possibly another dead child that had their life ripped from them, because the government has decided to pull funding.

The adult cells, and the cells from unbilcal cords and fetuses etc COULD work, to some extent. However, the cells from an aborted fetus, are the most viable, because they are still growing. These cells contain the information to form the human tissues. Tissues that could be grown to replace faulty tissue in a living child or adult.

So instead our government has said..sorry, he will just have to die because it's morally wrong, she has to die because it's morally wrong blah blah, oh and lets just trash that fetus instead of using a tragic decision to help save a life.

Abortion isn't for me. But, if the woman has made up her mind to end a pregnancy, why not at LEAST let a shred of something good come out of it?

I think Dubya just gets off on being the "morality police". He likes to impose his way of thinking on everyone else and we have to just take it. Screw helping a child or adults life be saved, screw letting two people (homo or hetro couples because the marriage amendment denies BOTH sets benefits if they are unmarried, regardless of sex) be together, screw every country that doesn't think as we do. I think, in regards to the last four years and the next four years...well, we have been screwed and are still getting screwed. Seems to the theme for this administration.

I just hope we are all still around to see if the next administration can salvage what has been destroyed.

Willow
11-03-2004, 06:12 PM
They were not killing babies to get the cells. :rolleyes: The cells come from either "left overs" from vitro fertilization (which would be discared and destroyed anyway, once the mother got the fertilized egg she wanted) and from aborted fetuses. The government and private agencies weren't killing babies to get the cells. Geeze. They have no control over an individual's decision to abort a fetus. If a woman chooses to abort, why not at least let something good come from it? At least then, the embryo wouldn't have been just "trashed". It could have went to research that might have saved many lives down the line. Instead, those aborted fetuses are incinerated. Now, instead of trying to make a living child heathy, there is a dead fetus, and possibly another dead child that had their life ripped from them, because the government has decided to pull funding.

The adult cells, and the cells from unbilcal cords and fetuses etc COULD work, to some extent. However, the cells from an aborted fetus, are the most viable, because they are still growing. These cells contain the information to form the human tissues. Tissues that could be grown to replace faulty tissue in a living child or adult.

So instead our government has said..sorry, he will just have to die because it's morally wrong, she has to die because it's morally wrong blah blah, oh and lets just trash that fetus instead of using a tragic decision to help save a life.

Abortion isn't for me. But, if the woman has made up her mind to end a pregnancy, why not at LEAST let a shred of something good come out of it?

I think Dubya just gets off on being the "morality police". He likes to impose his way of thinking on everyone else and we have to just take it. Screw helping a child or adults life be saved, screw letting two people (homo or hetro couples because the marriage amendment denies BOTH sets benefits if they are unmarried, regardless of sex) be together, screw every country that doesn't think as we do. I think, in regards to the last four years and the next four years...well, we have been screwed and are still getting screwed. Seems to the theme for this administration.

I just hope we are all still around to see if the next administration can salvage what has been destroyed.

Go Katt!!!

llbriteyes
11-03-2004, 06:13 PM

VERY well said.

BigLyd1
11-03-2004, 06:14 PM

Maybe because He doesn't judge us as harshly as some people. And when it comes to who is deserving (and not deserving) of God's blessings, well, I certainly won't go into that... because I am not one of his spokespeople. Sorry if this is harsh but I can't understand a thread with this title getting to be so hateful.

Now before I get to be hateful and so on and so forth... I'm out of here.

wubbywa
11-03-2004, 06:27 PM
I just couldnt see Heinz lady being first lady-- no class. Last night Edwards said we wont stop till the last vote is counted--well there goes flip flop and what did they do exactly what they said they wouldnt do. I am not saying that Bush is the greatest but I saw him as the better choice. What is the military votes showing were they for Bush or Kerry. They are the ones fighting for all us people grumbling about this election and look how our country is-- divided. Our men and woman are fighting for our country lets be proud Americans and do as best as we can with what we have.

cavemtmomma
11-03-2004, 06:30 PM
Katt you are wrong on the stem sells. You may feel that its fine to use embryos I do not as a person that has had five early miscarriages I can say for certain that my babies died. "There is no proven use for embryonic stems cells even those who are RIGHT NOW WITH FEDERAL FUNDING studying them have nothing but conjecture to go on. No one can at this point tell a woman whether or not she can abort, and our government is not trying to. The embryonic stem cells in use are from people that had eggs fertilized for implantation. The government has over seventy lines of them and research is going on with them with federal funds. Again Pres Bush is the only pres to allow federal funding for this research. Whether you agree with killing babies and to me thats what your doing when you destroy an embryo, or you view this as a clump of cells the facts are that there is no evidence that embryonic cells are more pliable than adult or umbilical cells. And there is research going on with embryonic cells every day with both private money and federal money. Just because a couple of movie stars engage in misinformation for personal gain does not make it so.

"The adult cells, and the cells from unbilcal cords and fetuses etc COULD work, to some extent. However, the cells from an aborted fetus, are the most viable, because they are still growing. These cells contain the information to form the human tissues. Tissues that could be grown to replace faulty tissue in a living child or adult."

adult and umbilical cells are currently in use in several treatments mostly concerning cancer. No embryonic cells hve yet proven useful in treatment. The cells from an aborted baby are DYING they aren't used. The cells that are used are from stored embryos. Not from abortion. And has this pres decided that some should die for his beliefs when he's the only president to ever fund this research.

wndysfrnd
11-03-2004, 06:37 PM
I just couldnt see Heinz lady being first lady-- no class. Last night Edwards said we wont stop till the last vote is counted--well there goes flip flop and what did they do exactly what they said they wouldnt do. I am not saying that Bush is the greatest but I saw him as the better choice. What is the military votes showing were they for Bush or Kerry. They are the ones fighting for all us people grumbling about this election and look how our country is-- divided. Our men and woman are fighting for our country lets be proud Americans and do as best as we can with what we have.

ITA

Katt
11-03-2004, 06:58 PM
Katt you are wrong on the stem sells. You may feel that its fine to use embryos I do not as a person that has had five early miscarriages I can say for certain that my babies died. "There is no proven use for embryonic stems cells even those who are RIGHT NOW WITH FEDERAL FUNDING studying them have nothing but conjecture to go on. No one can at this point tell a woman whether or not she can abort, and our government is not trying to. The embryonic stem cells in use are from people that had eggs fertilized for implantation. The government has over seventy lines of them and research is going on with them with federal funds. Again Pres Bush is the only pres to allow federal funding for this research. Whether you agree with killing babies and to me thats what your doing when you destroy an embryo, or you view this as a clump of cells the facts are that there is no evidence that embryonic cells are more pliable than adult or umbilical cells. And there is research going on with embryonic cells every day with both private money and federal money. Just because a couple of movie stars engage in misinformation for personal gain does not make it so.

I would never say a baby growing in a mother should be destroyed specifically for research, however "left overs" from vitro fertilization will be destroyed anyway since the mother doesn't not normally choose every viable union, so why not use them? Those cells were never meant all be brought into a life. In a perfect world, they would, but lets face it, when a couple gets envitro, they aren't wanting every single viable match on that culture tray. The rest are discarded...stem cell research or not. So once again, why not use what's being thrown out to see what we can make from it? And the president himself has stated that the embryonic cells are believed to have unique potential. He said himself that the scientists have informed him of their potentials and that is why he's allowing the research that was already in progress I might add, to continue with his funding.

I'm sorry you have had miscarriages. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. However, I do know that I, as a mother, were to lose a baby very early term, I would see no problem with them using the stem cells. I could then bury my child knowing that it's death may have helped someone else. If someone else doesn't agree, that's their choice. I am also an advocate for organ donation. If my child, family member, or myself for that matter were brain dead, I would see no problem with their organs being used to save a life. This is the same thing. Or, would that make me a morally wrong murderer also? I mean, I should just pull the plug and let them die, and take the chance from someone else to live once the organs that are living, and not being used, die also.

You are right though, they have no use right now, and they won't have a use for a very long time now that research funding has been pulled. It IS known though, that those cells have the life sustaining abilities to grow organs and tissues. They do so in every fetus that is brought to term normally. Once enough research is done, that could save lives.

I do know that there are 60 strains currently being tested and they are having great results. But, think of what could be accomplished with more.

Whatever though, it doesn't really matter what I think. All that matters is what the president thinks, and those that support him, since they are the ones in power right now. So basically, it is a dead issue until someone else is in office. The ONLY reason I spoke up is because you said that the facts weren't straight. I think everyone has their facts straight, it's all in how the person chooses to interpret them. You and I have the same information, however we see it two different ways. That doesn't make either of us wrong though, does it? That is one of the few things we still have, for the time being...our right to think for ourselve and come to our own decisions...well, to some extent anyway. :rolleyes:

Katt
11-03-2004, 07:05 PM
Oh, and they ARE used also from aborted fetuses, not just culture grown embryo's.

Also, there has been federal funds in the past. Bush isn't the only president who has allowed funds. In 1999, federally funded scientests were given the okay to use donated human embryo's for research.

jesus is free
11-03-2004, 07:09 PM
America spoke ! I live in Ohio and we poured out in droves to ensure Bush was victourious. Yes I agree God Bless America and God Bless President Bush! We live in a democracy and the majority has choosen the next president of the United States. I have to admit that Sen. Kerry did an admirable job in his concession speech I give him much moe credit than Gore for doing the honarable thing. You see he was providing a way to come back in four more years to run again. If Kerry had won I would hope him the best .As Americans perhaps we can face the future together without constant fighting amongst ourselves and let George W. Bush have his last term in office in harmony.

llbriteyes
11-03-2004, 07:33 PM
America spoke ! I live in Ohio and we poured out in droves to ensure Bush was victourious. Yes I agree God Bless America and God Bless President Bush! We live in a democracy and the majority has choosen the next president of the United States. I have to admit that Sen. Kerry did an admirable job in his concession speech I give him much moe credit than Gore for doing the honarable thing. You see he was providing a way to come back in four more years to run again. If Kerry had won I would hope him the best .As Americans perhaps we can face the future together without constant fighting amongst ourselves and let George W. Bush have his last term in office in harmony.

But the problem I'm having is, WHOSE God is blessing George Bush? Mine? Yours? The guy down the street? I don't want Pastor Bush running this country based on his God. Is his God the same as Kerry's? Whatever happened to seperation of Church and State? It no longer exists, and we get HIS God's representation.

Linus1223
11-03-2004, 07:52 PM
And shouldn't Bush and his family be doing the same thing?

cavemtmomma
11-03-2004, 08:01 PM
What part of "federal funding" isn't sinking in????? cells from aborted babies are not living cells. Only living cells can work. There is plenty of research being done in fact most of the research on embryonic cells is done STRICTLY with federal funding because private sector business does not want to spend money on an unproven idea. Federal funds have been used in the past for broadbased research but Bush is the first President to allot funds specifically for embryonic cell research. And no I wouldn't desecrate my dead childs body for research purposes. If it makes someone else feel better thats their business. I am an organ donar and would give my dead childs organs to help another live, but not for research.

mlayton1994
11-03-2004, 08:09 PM
I have to say this: the first time around I voted for Bush. Had I known what he would get our country into I would not have voted for him. I voted for Kerry. Granted I would have loved for Edwards to be the canditate (ok I stink at spelling .) for president but, that didnt happen. The truth of the matter is I feel anyone would have done a better job than president Bush.
As for stem cell research. I am all for it. Using aborted fetus (they are aborted anyway),invitro fert. leftovers. I am for it all. That research can save someone's life oneday or give someone the ability to walk again. That research maybe will prevent someone else from having to watch their father die of cancer like I did.
I am sorry if I offend anyone. It is just the way I feel. President Bush will lead us into a lot of problems. I am a strong person morally but, I voted for Kerry. I would much rather have him in than some ultra conservative left winged president that thinks he knows what is best for me.

bush=idiot
11-03-2004, 08:13 PM
:) God bless all of you smart, intelligent people who are against Bush. Unfortunately, we have another 4 more years of mistakes.
I can't believe that you support the killing of innocent people.
I wasn't aware that Christianity promoted killing innocent people for profit. Check your facts people.

Katt
11-03-2004, 08:14 PM
What part of "federal funding" isn't sinking in????? cells from aborted babies are not living cells. Only living cells can work. There is plenty of research being done in fact most of the research on embryonic cells is done STRICTLY with federal funding because private sector business does not want to spend money on an unproven idea. Federal funds have been used in the past for broadbased research but Bush is the first President to allot funds specifically for embryonic cell research. And no I wouldn't desecrate my dead childs body for research purposes. If it makes someone else feel better thats their business. I am an organ donar and would give my dead childs organs to help another live, but not for research.

You know what, do NOT imply that I am stupid. Federal funding is just that. Money supplied by the FEDERAL government to fund research. What part of that are you thinking I don't understand? What part of, I know what I'm talking about, just as you very well may know what you are talking about..isn't sinking in???

The cells are removed AS the fetus is being removed. Once the cells are gone, the fetus then dies...which is going to happen since the mother chose to abort it anyway. They are NOT dead as they are harvested. Sheesh, do you honestly think I would be in here stating my case WITHOUT doing my research first? Contrary to whatever you believe, I am NOT stupid, I HAVE looked into this, and yes, they ARE used from aborted fetuses. Your own Vice President has stated that they are used from aborted fetuses. Hmm maybe he's an idiot and doesn't know what he's talking about too? Any person can google and get tons of information on the subject if they chose to research it.

Private sectors not wanting to spend the money on unproven ideas is a crock. That's EXACTLY what research is. It is testing theories to see if they have substance, then going from there. They can't spend the money needed, because it isn't there. The best scientists are attracted to FEDERAL funds and if the government isn't financing the research, they are less likely to choose employement there. It has nothing to do with the private sectors not wanting to test..if they could, they would. And they do, to the extent they can.

As for Bush being the only one to allot monies for embryonic stem cell research, think again.

Government oks funding for research on stem cells

Knight-Ridder/Tribune
Published January 20, 1999

The federal government has decided to fund research on embryonic stem cells--controversial biological entities that promise revolutionary medical advances like patching hearts, mending paralysis and curing maladies such as Parkinson's disease.

Hmm was Bush in office in January of 1999? I could have SWORE it was still Clinton at that time. :rolleyes:

You know what? I'm done here. You obviously think you are the only one who knows anything about this, and so whatever. I will not argue with you, as it is a lost cause. Besides, any more comments, such as your "sinking" in one, that implies that I'm daft will just end up ticking me off, and I'll get myself banned. Sooo, have a good evening.

cavemtmomma
11-03-2004, 08:42 PM
How come if I disagree with you you feel I'm calling you stupid? I'm not and if you remove cells from a baby in utero and then the bay dies then you are killing a baby to use it;s cells. And although the mother was going to abort the baby there are still many people such as myself that think it's wrong. Many people are not comfortable with this idea, What you said was that they were using cells FROM aborted babies. But in your clarification you said they take the cells first and then the baby dies. A whole different thing. And in my opinion even more horrible. And no it wasn't Clinton that ok'd the funding it was a function of a govenmental department. Not the president.

"You know what, do NOT imply that I am stupid. Federal funding is just that. Money supplied by the FEDERAL government to fund research. What part of that are you thinking I don't understand? What part of, I know what I'm talking about, just as you very well may know what you are talking about..isn't sinking in???"

"You are right though, they have no use right now, and they won't have a use for a very long time now that research funding has been pulled. "

These two quotes of yours illustrate why I can't understand you. In one your saying federal funding is being pulled and in the other you say you know there's federal funding. Bush only limited the government from acquiring new sources of embryonic stem cells. He didn't limit funding. The seventy lines that our government has already got is a limit not the amount of research.

Anthill
11-03-2004, 08:48 PM

So does Bush in all his OIL MONEY give to charity?? Or do you only want Kerry/Heinz to give????.

cavemtmomma
11-03-2004, 08:59 PM
Hey and Bush owns timber too. Want some wood!! LOL! my favorite part of the debates!

deebug
11-03-2004, 09:24 PM
:) God bless all of you smart, intelligent people who are against Bush. Unfortunately, we have another 4 more years of mistakes.
I wasn't aware that Christianity promoted killing innocent people for profit. Check your facts people.

I thought Kerry supported partial abortion. Would that not be killing innocent people?

tivaclare
11-03-2004, 09:54 PM

That is an ugly thing to say. It is understandable if you disagree with some of our practices, but to go to a point to say we do not deserve the love or blessings of God is extreme. There are many well intentioned and good hearted people in this country, whether you like the President, or our policies or not. Don't be so quick to damn us.

jcw
11-03-2004, 09:58 PM
With all the money he went through the first four years how much will the country owe after another 4 years of his spending?

twinfawn
11-03-2004, 11:18 PM
It's just like I told my 12 and 13 year olds tonight when they fighting over who won the election, it does'nt matter now does it? Bush is going to be President for the next four years.... so deal with it, thats all we can do....We just have to pray that things get better..........:) instead of worse........:)

Damnifiknw
11-03-2004, 11:23 PM
LMAO - You people crack me up. Bush isn't going to mess up your lil lives. On the other hand Kerry would have..I'm glad Bush won..it saves us all from hearing the Demo's whine about their Idol Kerry screwing up the USA..Now we can listen to their lies about Bush for the next four years...lol

If you people are so worried about what is going to happen in 4 yrs. Pack up your garbage and move to a third world country and lets see how much you complain..LOL I'll even offer a hand...;)

twinfawn
11-03-2004, 11:28 PM
LOL, and to think I thought all the BS would stop after the election...........Hehehe

erniemarie
11-03-2004, 11:35 PM
LMAO - You people crack me up. Bush isn't going to mess up your lil lives. On the other hand Kerry would have..I'm glad Bush won..it saves us all from hearing the Demo's whine about their Idol Kerry screwing up the USA..Now we can listen to their lies about Bush for the next four years...lol

If you people are so worried about what is going to happen in 4 yrs. Pack up your garbage and move to a third world country and lets see how much you complain..LOL I'll even offer a hand...;)

sorry but I don't have to move, within 4 years this WILL be a 3rd world country

Damnifiknw
11-03-2004, 11:50 PM
The USA isn't going to be a third world country. Is it one now? Bush has been President for 4 yrs has he not, why isn't the USA a third world country now? Was he waiting to be re-elected to turn it into a third world country? How many times did the terrorist attack the usa in the past four yrs? Was it only one time Sept. 11 2001 to be exact. Am I correct? I know I am! How many times did the usa get attack in the 8 yrs Clinton was President and nothing was done? I can count atleast 7 times.I'm sure there were many more.

twinfawn
11-03-2004, 11:51 PM
Ummmm, I really don't think it is going to be quite that bad ....or I sure as heck hope not.......LOL

Damnifiknw
11-04-2004, 12:02 AM
LOL - She's only trying to scare herself in thinking Bush is capable of doing it.

cindylee
11-04-2004, 12:03 AM

This shocked me too...being a Christian I could not comprehend the mainstream Christian support for killing and war. Come to think of it, I still can't understand it. :(

twinfawn
11-04-2004, 12:07 AM
I'm a Christian too, so we just stand by and let them do what they want to our country???????? and to our people? Like 9-11 ??????? I think not!

cindylee
11-04-2004, 12:17 AM
I'm a Christian too, so we just stand by and let them do what they want to our country???????? and to our people? Like 9-11 ??????? I think not!

Revenge belongs to God, not me and Jesus said His servants would not fight because His kingdom is not of this world. So I am gonna stick with that.

twinfawn
11-04-2004, 12:23 AM
So even after all those thousands of people died we should just sit here and do nothing?, I can't say that I agree to that....

cindylee
11-04-2004, 12:33 AM
So even after all those thousands of people died we should just sit here and do nothing?, I can't say that I agree to that....

I have full and complete faith that God will have His revenge on every wrong, every murder. It is not about what I want to do (which would be to make them pay but good). It is about what He wants to do, I am nothing.
Looks like another beautiful fall day coming up, think I will smile and rest in the knowledge that He has it all under control. :)
Have a great day~
Cindy :)

erniemarie
11-04-2004, 12:33 AM
The USA isn't going to be a third world country. Is it one now? Bush has been President for 4 yrs has he not, why isn't the USA a third world country now? Was he waiting to be re-elected to turn it into a third world country? How many times did the terrorist attack the usa in the past four yrs? Was it only one time Sept. 11 2001 to be exact. Am I correct? I know I am! How many times did the usa get attack in the 8 yrs Clinton was President and nothing was done? I can count atleast 7 times.I'm sure there were many more.

first of all there is a big difference now that was not there 4 years ago, now Bush no longer has to worry about public opinion or reelection he can do whatever the hell he wants without fear, and you don't believe how bad this country is go to Harlem, South Central LA, or the South Side of Chicago or countless other areas all over this country and step into a war zone, you see people fighting for survival, people are dying on the streets homeless and starving, people are gunned down and murdered in cold blood over something as stupid as a cell phone or a pair of shoes, poverty depression and despair is everywhere and nobody gives a damn just pour more money into oil companies, make sure we bomb another village and kill more Iraqi children, make sure we don't let that 16 year old girl who was raped get an abortion so she can quit school and raise her child in poverty, and make dan sure we stop homosexual copule from getting married, we are so worried about things that go on everywhere else in this world that our own country is falling deeper and deeper into despair and decay and no one gives damn as long as we can keep those evil liberals out of office

Steffie
11-04-2004, 12:45 AM
Revenge belongs to God, not me and Jesus said His servants would not fight because His kingdom is not of this world. So I am gonna stick with that.

It's not about Revenge -- it is about protection, and standing up and defending ourselves. It is also about preventing this from happening again not only to us but to others! We did rescue Iraq from Saddam and are helping them establish a democratic society of there own. Those people deserve freedom as well. And wrong or right we all need to support our president and pray for him. I am sure that the welfare of an ENTIRE nation is not a light burden. I know worrying about my family and my own finances and all of my own problems stresses me out!

To the person that asked earlier how the soldiers voted --- I can speak for the several hundred that I know, we voted BUSH! (Well, I didn't personally watch them all mark their ballot). There are a 2 people that I know who voted Kerry (my neighbor being one however her husband is a soldier and he voted Bush --A house divided!! Can you imagine the fights in that house?? LOL).

Oh and both of my childrens schools held there own election on the 1st -- Bush won in both schools (I am sure that the kids voted based on what there parents were saying at home).

I also commend Kerry on his concession speech -- he seemed genuine and sincere and pledged his support for Bush these next 4 years. We should all take note and follow his example!

justme23
11-04-2004, 01:56 AM
I only read the first page... but I have to say, if ppl really believe stem cell research has been limited/totally cut off then they should go and research things better. Just 2 nights ago on our local news they were talking about a new treatment for cancer, that not only worked and has put everyone tested in to remission... it CAME FROM STEM CELL RESEARCH!!!

Bush is not forbiding stem cell research, he is only restricting the amount of money the govt is willing to put in to it... but that has nothing to do w/ all the medical universities around this country and other places in the world that are pouring millions of dollars in to it!

Tippytail
11-04-2004, 02:18 AM
You can't please all the people all the time.

I'm very happy that Bush won but I know that I'd be in the same position that all you Bush haters are now if Kerry had won.
I think calling us warmongers went a bit far. I believe in protection of all of my possessions, whether it's my child or my freedom or any number of other things that we're talking about. I'm not ignorant enough to believe that on this planet, we are the only one's that want the same things for our loved ones. For our parents to be cared for respectfully and have their needs met in their older age, our children to have our same freedoms plus receive an education and to have the peace of mind that when I lock my door at night that I don't have to worry about a crazed man's army busting through my door to force my husband to fight a war or watch his child die.
Our country has never been a third world country and I'm relatively sure that it's not likely to be within our years on God's green earth. People seem to forget that every step the President makes depends on whether he wants his life to continue. He knows that everday, his life is in this country's hand. Weren't we considering impeaching Clinton because of his exuberant sex life? Who really thinks that if this country was to go to hell in a handbasket that we would allow any President to stay in office whether by assasination or by hog tying him with duct tape and tossing him in an underground closet?
I wish and pray that we didn't have to be missing our loved ones due to a war but I also believe that if our soldiers weren't there, that we would have been invaded here. What then? Complain because our President didn't do what he should've? Your kids couldn't play outside, you couldn't get medical care because doctors are bound to the male species and you are female...or how about not letting your child read a book not because you couldn't teach them to but because somebody decided for you that you can't? We were all so upset when we had heard about the things Osama, and even Saddam, had done to "their" people. We could've already been living that life for at least four years by now, if we did nothing.

I think that if this wasn't all in the "plan", we would've heard Gideon's trumpet a long time ago.

Tasha405
11-04-2004, 06:03 AM
You can't please all the people all the time.

I'm very happy that Bush won but I know that I'd be in the same position that all you Bush haters are now if Kerry had won.
I think calling us warmongers went a bit far. I believe in protection of all of my possessions, whether it's my child or my freedom or any number of other things that we're talking about. I'm not ignorant enough to believe that on this planet, we are the only one's that want the same things for our loved ones. For our parents to be cared for respectfully and have their needs met in their older age, our children to have our same freedoms plus receive an education and to have the peace of mind that when I lock my door at night that I don't have to worry about a crazed man's army busting through my door to force my husband to fight a war or watch his child die.
Our country has never been a third world country and I'm relatively sure that it's not likely to be within our years on God's green earth. People seem to forget that every step the President makes depends on whether he wants his life to continue. He knows that everday, his life is in this country's hand. Weren't we considering impeaching Clinton because of his exuberant sex life? Who really thinks that if this country was to go to hell in a handbasket that we would allow any President to stay in office whether by assasination or by hog tying him with duct tape and tossing him in an underground closet?
I wish and pray that we didn't have to be missing our loved ones due to a war but I also believe that if our soldiers weren't there, that we would have been invaded here. What then? Complain because our President didn't do what he should've? Your kids couldn't play outside, you couldn't get medical care because doctors are bound to the male species and you are female...or how about not letting your child read a book not because you couldn't teach them to but because somebody decided for you that you can't? We were all so upset when we had heard about the things Osama, and even Saddam, had done to "their" people. We could've already been living that life for at least four years by now, if we did nothing.

I think that if this wasn't all in the "plan", we would've heard Gideon's trumpet a long time ago.

Very Well Said & ITA!! :D

llbriteyes
11-04-2004, 06:57 AM
I thought Kerry supported partial abortion. Would that not be killing innocent people?

And what about all the innocent American lives Bush is killing in Iraq. Our soldiers.

llbriteyes
11-04-2004, 06:59 AM

Pay close attention: Iraq is NOT the country that destroyed so many lives in New York. Repeat after me: "Osama Bin Laden is responsible."

llbriteyes
11-04-2004, 07:00 AM

Sure it only makes sense. We're attacked by Bin Laden, so we go after Iraq. Perfectly good sense.

jeb
11-04-2004, 07:00 AM
And what about all the innocent American lives Bush is killing in Iraq. Our soldiers.

You must consider these soldiers as having been taken. This is, you know, a Holy War which we must see to its righteous conclusion. Those who die before the rapture should consider themselves blessed.

llbriteyes
11-04-2004, 07:05 AM
You must consider these soldiers as having been taken. This is, you know, a Holy War which we must see to its righteous conclusion. Those who die before the rapture should consider themselves blessed.

ROFL!

Anthill
11-04-2004, 07:12 AM
Originally Posted by jeb

ROFL!

I don't think this is funny at all. And I am sure that people who have lost loved ones don't think that statement is funny. Our soldiers must sacrifice, to give thier life to a country that doesn't want our type of FREEDOM while our President and his family sit back and make none??? And you want these people who lost a loved one to feel blessed that they will never see thier loved one again, or hear thier voice etc/??

twinfawn
11-04-2004, 07:41 AM
Pay close attention: Iraq is NOT the country that destroyed so many lives in New York. Repeat after me: "Osama Bin Laden is responsible."

Excuse me, but I was using that as an example as why we are defending our country.....and yes it is another reason we are looking for Osama Bin Laden! How old you are? 14? You don't have to be rude, just because you disagree! We are not against Iraq, we are helping Iraq as much as they will let us.... I have an 18 year old son that just left for Army boot camp and I am very proud that he is going to protect us...I only hope something is settled before my 12 year old son and 13 year old daughter is old enough to have to be drafted if it is ever reinstated.....My son wanted to do it all on his on and that is a totatally different matter....

llbriteyes
11-04-2004, 07:46 AM
Originally Posted by jeb

ROFL!

I don't think this is funny at all. And I am sure that people who have lost loved ones don't think that statement is funny. Our soldiers must sacrifice, to give thier life to a country that doesn't want our type of FREEDOM while our President and his family sit back and make none??? And you want these people who lost a loved one to feel blessed that they will never see thier loved one again, or hear thier voice etc/??

Oh please it was a moment of sarcasm. You can't cry ALL the time! The point was that NOT MY president sent our soldiers out there to die for no reason. Or for a reason HE (and his God) deemed necessary. We had no business being over there. Not everyone WANTS a democracy, and it SHOULDN'T be forced upon them.

Linda

llbriteyes
11-04-2004, 07:51 AM
Excuse me, but I was using that as an example as why we are defending our country.....and yes it is another reason we are looking for Osama Bin Laden! How old you are? 14? You don't have to be rude, just because you disagree! We are not against Iraq, we are helping Iraq as much as they will let us.... I have an 18 year old son that just left for Army boot camp and I am very proud that he is going to protect us...I only hope something is settled before my 12 year old son and 13 year old daughter is old enough to have to be drafted if it is ever reinstated.....My son wanted to do it all on his on and that is a totatally different matter....

Excuse me. I am 41 years old. You said:

"So even after all those thousands of people died we should just sit here and do nothing?, I can't say that I agree to that...."

Implying we went to war based upon the twin towers horror. My point, and for some reason, people want to equate the two, THEY ARE TOTALLY DIFFERENT THINGS. My reply was to REMIND people that Pastor Bush sent our troups, our children, to die for a war that wasnt warranted. How are the two even REMOTELY related???? Shouldn't we being going after the RIGHT person?

GodBlessAmerica
11-04-2004, 07:52 AM
I only read the first page... but I have to say, if ppl really believe stem cell research has been limited/totally cut off then they should go and research things better. Just 2 nights ago on our local news they were talking about a new treatment for cancer, that not only worked and has put everyone tested in to remission... it CAME FROM STEM CELL RESEARCH!!!

Bush is not forbiding stem cell research, he is only restricting the amount of money the govt is willing to put in to it... but that has nothing to do w/ all the medical universities around this country and other places in the world that are pouring millions of dollars in to it!

ITA

Stem-cell research
is legal in the U.S. and has been so since human embryonic stem cells were first isolated in 1998. There are dozens of groups studying them, including major stem-cell centers recently launched at Stanford and Harvard. Recently, a University of California Irvine professor, Hans Keirstead, showed video of a mouse whose hind quarters had been paralyzed. After embryonic stem cell therapy, the mouse regained mobility in its hind quarters.

yes, The Clinton policy allowed federal funding for stem cell research so long as private funding is used to remove the cells from the embryos.
.Executive order
Bush signed an executive order in August 2001 limiting federal research funding for stem cell research to 78 embryonic stem cell lines then in existence. The President's 2003 budget included $24.8 million for human embryonic stem cell research, an increase of 132 percent from 2002 and $190 million in funding for adult stem cells. There is no ban on private research of stem cells at all.

And Doesn't anyone know? ?
California Proposition 71,
( Stem Cell Research and Cures Initiative)
WAS PASSED
( On Nov. 02. 2004 Election day )

PROP 71: $3 billion available for stem-cell research over the next 10 years. That's about $295 million a year!

$$ Big-name, big-check $$ supporters include producer Jerry Zucker, whose daughter has type 1 diabetes; Microsoft founder Bill Gates; eBay founder Pierre Omidyar; and William Bowes Jr., the founder of biotech giant Amgen.

Prop 71 won’t increase or create any taxes. It authorizes tax-free state bonds that will provide an average of to support stem cell res$295 million per year over ten years research at California universities, medical schools and research facilities.

it's potentials to provide cures for :
Because stem cells develop into the various types of cells that make up the human body, scientists believe they could be grown into replacement organs and tissues to treat a wide range of diseases. including:
diabetes, cancer, heart disease, Alzheimer's disease, multiple sclerosis, HIV/AIDS, Parkinson's disease, ALS, osteoporosis, spinal cord injuries and many other devastating medical conditions.

. It's estimated that 128 million Americans suffer from diseases and injuries that could be treated or cured with stem cell therapies

.ethical controls Prop 71 includes strictprovisions to protect patient rights and privacy – and it prohibits any funding for cloning.

.More jobs for our economy :The research funded by Prop 71 will make California a world leader in stem cell research. It will create thousands of new, good paying jobs and generate an estimated $185 million in the first 10 years in new state tax revenues. The state will also have the opportunity to share in royalties resulting from the research – generating additional new state revenues for decades to come.

.An opportunity to reduce skyrocketing health care costs If the Stem Cell Research and Cures Initiative leads to cures that reduce our health care costs by only one percent, it will pay for itself. And, the potential savings could be far greater – possibly reducing our health care costs by tens of billions of dollars in the decades ahead.

Use your own compass--

THE SCIENCE: Researchers have successfully isolated stem cells from five-day-old human embryos that were created during in-vitro fertilization and that would otherwise have been destroyed. Unlike adult stem cells, embryonic stem cells can develop into any one of more than 200 tissues in the body, from insulin-producing cells that may one day treat diabetes to heart cells that may repair cardiac muscle.

THE ETHICS: Since the embryos were scheduled to be tossed, many view this as the best compromise; others believe generating tissue from human embryos is never acceptable.

.Stem cells typically are taken from days-old human embryos and then grown in a laboratory into lines or colonies. Because the embryos are destroyed when the cells are extracted, the process is opposed by some conservatives who link it to abortion.

.while on the other hand, Some Scientists believe that embryos are not 'human' untill they have been fertilized into a woman.

PROP 71 http://www.curesforcalifornia.com/facts.php

Anthill
11-04-2004, 07:56 AM
Oh please it was a moment of sarcasm. You can't cry ALL the time! The point was that NOT MY president sent our soldiers out there to die for no reason. Or for a reason HE (and his God) deemed necessary. We had no business being over there. Not everyone WANTS a democracy, and it SHOULDN'T be forced upon them.

Linda

Sorry I missed the sacrasm. I should have paid more attention to your previous posts. And as for Bush going after Bin laden. Why would he go after bin laden?? He admits he doesn't even give much thought to Bin Laden.

jeb
11-04-2004, 08:14 AM
Sorry I missed the sacrasm. I should have paid more attention to your previous posts. And as for Bush going after Bin laden. Why would he go after bin laden?? He admits he doesn't even give much thought to Bin Laden.

Repeat after me. "This is a Holy War!" We had to invade Iraq because by rewarding Hamas suicide bombers and maintaining an army, Saddam was a threat to Israel. Iran should be next.

GodBlessAmerica
11-04-2004, 08:20 AM
find your class people.

YNKYH8R
11-04-2004, 08:24 AM
WAIT A MINUTE!!!

Now, we really have no room for arguement, my Democratic friends. I mean, the President did say that "America has spoken". Well now all the morally supperior people in this country have just what they wanted.

'Be careful what you wish for....'

llbriteyes
11-04-2004, 08:49 AM

Exactly my point. Why did he go after a country that had nothing to to with 9/11? He should have sent all those soldiers to Afghanistan instead, rounded up Al Qeada, and executed them.

sahmsfreeb
11-04-2004, 09:15 AM
Very Well Said & ITA!! :D

ditto....ITA also
the OP started a nice thread an people who are upset had to trash it. :(

the people... the majority (which was thrust down our throats 4 years ago and now i will use it.. ) has spoken.
http://alt.cimedia.com/ajc/pdf/elect_results_uscounty.pdf

as to why we shoulnt have gone after sadam... well you are right.. lets review the facts. whe shouldnt have gone after him.
we shouldnt gone after Germany in ww2. they did nothing to us. they were killing jews and poles. that wasnt our business. the league of nations chose to ignore the situation in europe just as the UN is doing now.
so yes. to heck with the jews and poles in europe. they should have fought their own war. we had too many poverty stricken people here during the depression. SAVE our own first!
but you se we did go after sadamm. we arent repeating the mistakes of the past. strategically we are taking the fight off of our land to thier land. trust me osama is alive and well in iraq. hes hiding there. sadamm and him were best buds... the same way mussolini and hilter were friends...

i have been misquoted in too many threads on this board and i am tired of it also! but then again something someone else said MUST HAVE come out of my mouth because i am a bush supporter also.. :mad: :mad: :eek: :mad:
so....moooooooooooooooooooooooo my bush brainwashed reguritated facts...

you are so worried and upset of soldiers who have died. :confused: my heart bleeds for their families. :( i am not a cold hearted conservative. trust me. those soldiers do something most of us will not do or wont do.. THEY JOINED!
they are the BRAVEST people on this planet. if i have to i will join up leaving 2 kids at home. but i dont have to because of them!!!!!!
now think of the children who are killed daily! :( no sorrow over them... :( none at all... :( what a country we live in. how many babies died daily because they are a product of rape?hundreds of thousands daily. and we call ourselves civilized. the only animal on this planet that kills its own.

i am saddened by the vile nasty behavior from people....the insults the barbs...not just here... on this board.. butthe world outside of this keyboard. :( :(

these fences will never be mended because people dont want them mended... :( theysleep better in the comfort of knowing their anger is the one thing left that they have to hold on to. and their anger in their eyes is justifiable. so they will hold onto it day after day festering.. instead of looking for new solutions to a peaceful tomorrow. :(

if after this point you cant say anthing nice dont say anything at all...
then you become the problem. :( :(

stepping down off of my soapbox.
burning it...

only to rebuild it and come back :( :(

YNKYH8R
11-04-2004, 09:31 AM
ditto....ITA also

the people... the majority (which was thrust down our throats 4 years ago and now i will use it.. ) has spoken.

as to why we shoulnt have gone after sadam... well you are right.. lets review the facts. whe shouldnt have gone after him.
we shouldnt gone after Germany in ww2. they did nothing to us. they were killing jews and poles. that wasnt our business. the league of nations chose to ignore the situation in europe just as the UN is doing now.
so yes. to heck with the jews and poles in europe. they should have fought their own war. we had too many poverty stricken people here during the depression. SAVE our own first!
but you se we did go after sadamm. we arent repeating the mistakes of the past. strategically we are taking the fight off of our land to thier land. trust me osama is alive and well in iraq. hes hiding there. sadamm and him were best buds... the same way mussolini and hilter were friends...

i have been misquoted in too many threads on this board and i am tired of it also! but then again something someone else said MUST HAVE come out of my mouth because i am a bush supporter also.. :mad: :mad: :eek: :mad:

you are so worried and upset of soldiers who have died. :confused: my heart bleeds for their families. :( i am not a cold hearted conservative. trust me. those soldiers do something most of us will not do or wont do.. THEY JOINED!
they are the BRAVEST people on this planet. if i have to i will join up leaving 2 kids at home. but i dont have to because of them!!!!!!
now think of the children who are killed daily! :( no sorrow over them... :( none at all... :( what a country we live in. how many babies died daily because they are a product of rape?hundreds of thousands daily. and we call ourselves civilized. the only animal on this planet that kills its own.

i am saddened by the vile nasty behavior from people....the insults the barbs...not just here... on this board.. butthe world outside of this keyboard. :( :(

these fences will never be mended because people dont want them mended... :( theysleep better in the comfort of knowing their anger is the one thing left that they have to hold on to. and their anger in their eyes is justifiable. so they will hold onto it day after day festering.. instead of looking for new solutions to a peaceful tomorrow. :(

burning it...

I am not trashing this thread. I was just saying that 'America has spoken'. You got what you wanted, fave fun. :) :) :) :)
I'm not angry. :) I've no reason to be. Everything is going so well. :)
This country will get back on track, darn tootin'. :)
It is not hate that will divide us, some but not all. Hey, before you know it we'll all be snug as a bug...well you know the rest.

I'm more than content to sit back and watch entropy in progress.

"It's the end of the world as we know it...and I feel fine"

(Sorry, sometimes I hum to myself.)

PS. We declared war on Japan, and in turn Germany declared war on us.

kvmj
11-04-2004, 09:43 AM
This is the way that the world ends.

Not with a bang but a whimper.

schsa
11-04-2004, 10:00 AM
When you speak of stem cell research keep in mind that the French and the English are already hghly involved in stem cell research. What this means is that we are not as agressive and progressive as our counterparts. It means lack of prestige in the scientific world if someone else gets a Nobel Peace Prize for developing something to help mankind. It also means that we are not in the forefront of developing new medications that come out as a part of stem cell research.

And not all stem cells come from placenta's. The come from other parts of the body as well.

I think that Bush is wrong to limit this sort of reseach. There is so much good that it could do if scientists can break down how we are built and what genes control or contribute to disease. To say you can only do this or that may end up doing more harm than good.

sahmsfreeb
11-04-2004, 10:26 AM
I am not trashing this thread. I was just saying that 'America has spoken'. You got what you wanted, fave fun. :) :) :) :)
I'm not angry. :) I've no reason to be. Everything is going so well. :)
This country will get back on track, darn tootin'. :)
It is not hate that will divide us, some but not all. Hey, before you know it we'll all be snug as a bug...well you know the rest.

I'm more than content to sit back and watch entropy in progress.

"It's the end of the world as we know it...and I feel fine"

(Sorry, sometimes I hum to myself.)

PS. We declared war on Japan, and in turn Germany declared war on us.

ahh you are right... but i love how we left our allies to fend for them selves for how many years????

"World War Two in Europe began on 3 September 1939 when Britain and France declared war on Germany after Hitler had refused to abort his invasion of Poland, the territorial integrity of which had been guaranteed by Britain and France in March 1939.

Following several months of "phoney war", Hitler invaded France and the BeNeLux countries, which fell to him in June 1940. Britain endured the Blitz and feared invasion until the Battle of Britain in September 1940 secured superiority of the skies.

In June 1941, Hitler extended the war to the east by invading the Soviet Union, thereby making war on two fronts. The war further escalated on 7 December 1941 when America declared war on the Japanese after they bombed the American naval base at Pearl Harbour.
"

"December 11, 1941

The President's Message
To the Congress of the United States:

On the morning of Dec. 11 the Government of Germany, pursuing its course of world conquest, declared war against the United States. The long-known and the long-expected has thus taken place. The forces endeavoring to enslave the entire world now are moving toward this hemisphere. Never before has there been a greater challenge to life, liberty and civilization. Delay invites great danger. Rapid and united effort by all of the peoples of the world who are determined to remain free will insure a world victory of the forces of justice and of righteousness over the forces of savagery and of barbarism. Italy also has declared war against the United States.

I therefore request the Congress to recognize a state of war between the United States and Germany, and between the United States and Italy.

Franklin D. Roosevelt "

okay history buff... when did italy declare war on us???? i need to go to a doctors appointment so i will be gone all day... i didnt have time to look it up.

my point is this.. we didnt get involved in ww2 until we were pulled into it. yes/no??? if we had just gone in 2 years earlier it is safe to say that 6 milion jews and 2milliion poles might be alive today.

sadamm was doing the same thing.. should we have waited for him to declare war on us? while he was committing mass acts of genocide?

now standing on the ashes of my soapbox...

ps

In Berlin on December 8, 1941, Adolf Hitler was elated. “We have ally that has not been defeated in 1500 years!” he told Minister of Propaganda Josef Goebbels. On December 11, 1941, Hitler gave a speech to the Reichstag. Confused and rambling, he compared his own childhood of poverty to that of the wealthy Roosevelt. He declared war on the United States.

In doing so, he ensured his own destruction. UK Prime Minster Winston Churchill, when he heard of Pearl Harbor, remarked, “so we have won after all!” The American public would have been quite content with dealing with Japan and leaving the European War to the Europeans.I see we havent changed at all in over 50 years.. :( The treachery of the Japanese attack burned bright in the minds of most Americans, and they wanted revenge. If not for the declaration of war by Germany, Roosevelt would have had a hard time justifying declaring war on Germany until Japan was destroyed. But Germany did declare war, and the U-boats moved the Eastern seaboard in January 1942.

The war in Europe was secured in the mind of the American public with a propaganda series called Why We Fight. In it, Hollywood director Frank Capra outlined the rise of Nazism and the reasons why England and France went to war. Powerful in its simplicity, Capra used footage from Nazi propaganda films to great effect. Roosevelt ordered the series, originally made for the Armed Forces, to be shown in movie theatres across the United States. By the end of 1942, the was no question that the United States’ war with Nazi Germany was necessary.
that is the difference between then and now.. we dont do films like this now.. perhaps we should? would the tide change then?

llbriteyes
11-04-2004, 10:54 AM
I started this and lost it all, so here goes in a nutshell...

The OP did NOT start a nice thread. She immediately made inflamatory remarks regarding Kerry. That was NOT nice.

As to why we after Sadaam... WHY did we? Exactly? Sadaam was not like Hitler in the sense that he wanted to take over the world. He did not threaten the United States as the Japanese did in Pearl Harbor. That was a DIRECT attack on us. Hitler's plan was to take over the world. Our allies were directly threatened. There is a HUGE difference as to why we went into Iraq. And I hope when its over Bush is tried for war crimes.

You are right. We aren't repeating mistakes from our past. YOUR PRESIDENT is making mistakes of his own. I would love to know how you KNOW Bin Laden is in Iraq. This boggles my mind. Maybe you should work in intelligence. You couldn't do any worse than whats already there.

Why are you confused about why we worry about our soldiers? Makes no sense. And who are you to say we don't care about the children, the women, the conditions, the families of the dead (ours and theirs)?

You say you're saddened at the vile barbs here, and yet you spew your own. Its ok for SOME people I guess. And that if we don't have anything to say but good about your post we shouldn't say anything is a load of crap. Your post is fair game, just as the others are.

Linda

ditto....ITA also

burning it...

YNKYH8R
11-04-2004, 11:48 AM
ahh you are right... but i love how we left our allies to fend for them selves for how many years????

"World War Two in Europe began on 3 September 1939 when Britain and France declared war on Germany after Hitler had refused to abort his invasion of Poland, the territorial integrity of which had been guaranteed by Britain and France in March 1939.

Following several months of "phoney war", Hitler invaded France and the BeNeLux countries, which fell to him in June 1940. Britain endured the Blitz and feared invasion until the Battle of Britain in September 1940 secured superiority of the skies.

In June 1941, Hitler extended the war to the east by invading the Soviet Union, thereby making war on two fronts. The war further escalated on 7 December 1941 when America declared war on the Japanese after they bombed the American naval base at Pearl Harbour.
"

"December 11, 1941

The President's Message
To the Congress of the United States:

On the morning of Dec. 11 the Government of Germany, pursuing its course of world conquest, declared war against the United States. The long-known and the long-expected has thus taken place. The forces endeavoring to enslave the entire world now are moving toward this hemisphere. Never before has there been a greater challenge to life, liberty and civilization. Delay invites great danger. Rapid and united effort by all of the peoples of the world who are determined to remain free will insure a world victory of the forces of justice and of righteousness over the forces of savagery and of barbarism. Italy also has declared war against the United States.

I therefore request the Congress to recognize a state of war between the United States and Germany, and between the United States and Italy.

Franklin D. Roosevelt "

okay history buff... when did italy declare war on us???? i need to go to a doctors appointment so i will be gone all day... i didnt have time to look it up.

my point is this.. we didnt get involved in ww2 until we were pulled into it. yes/no??? if we had just gone in 2 years earlier it is safe to say that 6 milion jews and 2milliion poles might be alive today.

sadamm was doing the same thing.. should we have waited for him to declare war on us? while he was committing mass acts of genocide?

now standing on the ashes of my soapbox...

ps

In Berlin on December 8, 1941, Adolf Hitler was elated. “We have ally that has not been defeated in 1500 years!” he told Minister of Propaganda Josef Goebbels. On December 11, 1941, Hitler gave a speech to the Reichstag. Confused and rambling, he compared his own childhood of poverty to that of the wealthy Roosevelt. He declared war on the United States.

In doing so, he ensured his own destruction. UK Prime Minster Winston Churchill, when he heard of Pearl Harbor, remarked, “so we have won after all!” The American public would have been quite content with dealing with Japan and leaving the European War to the Europeans.I see we havent changed at all in over 50 years.. :( The treachery of the Japanese attack burned bright in the minds of most Americans, and they wanted revenge. If not for the declaration of war by Germany, Roosevelt would have had a hard time justifying declaring war on Germany until Japan was destroyed. But Germany did declare war, and the U-boats moved the Eastern seaboard in January 1942.

The war in Europe was secured in the mind of the American public with a propaganda series called Why We Fight. In it, Hollywood director Frank Capra outlined the rise of Nazism and the reasons why England and France went to war. Powerful in its simplicity, Capra used footage from Nazi propaganda films to great effect. Roosevelt ordered the series, originally made for the Armed Forces, to be shown in movie theatres across the United States. By the end of 1942, the was no question that the United States’ war with Nazi Germany was necessary.
that is the difference between then and now.. we dont do films like this now.. perhaps we should? would the tide change then?

Italy declared war on the United States shortly after we declared war on Germany (I’m at work so I didn’t have the time to pin down exact dates). That was Italy’s response. While the British were fighting the Germans we supplied arms and munitions to the English. So we had our part. Now, depending on what form of history you draw from, some say the attack on Pearl Harbor was preemptive strike to prevent our involvement in the Japanese’s take over of the Philippines. Some say they were retaliating for our sinking a Japanese U-Boat prior to Pearl Harbor.
If Pearl Harbor never happened, and the Japanesse did not ally with the Germans, Germany would have conquered all of Europe, the Soviets would have had to face the Blitzkreig on their own. The US was never threatened, unless you take into account the Zimmerman telegram that allegedly was intercepted by the US and basically was a call for Mexicans to plan an invasion onto US soil from the West.
No one can ever know just what would have happened if German was not stopped, would they have been our allies, would they have tried for world domination? Hitler, Saddam was not. The similarities are far too few. I’m not denying he was bad, or that he needed to be removed. In fact, except for another thread, I’ve not said anything here at all.

"Tiptoe through Fallujah, with meeeee"

jeb
11-04-2004, 11:52 AM
We invaded Iraq because we are a Christian nation. Iraq sponsored terrorists by giving money to the families of Palestian suicide bombers. The Palestinians should have all moved to other countries decades ago. Have you not heard Bush refer to the war in Iraq as a crusade?

cavemtmomma
11-04-2004, 01:57 PM
This is the way that the world ends.

Not with a bang but a whimper.
And for heavens sake the people who's candidate didn't win a re sure doing a heap of whimpering.

flute
11-04-2004, 02:02 PM

Well, it is for Kerry supporters. *sob*

adorkablex, I LOVE your siggy line.

I may have to steal it :p :cool:

YNKYH8R
11-04-2004, 02:29 PM
Well, now that Bush has been re-elected, there is only one thing left to do...

Flush

"And I don't understand why I sleep all day and I start to complain when there's no rain"

cavemtmomma
11-04-2004, 02:31 PM
But thats what we did, we flushed the JOHNS! LOL!!

Njean31
11-04-2004, 02:41 PM

omgosh, tooooooooooo funny :)

Damnifiknw
11-04-2004, 03:34 PM

LMAO - Now that's classic!

Linus1223
11-04-2004, 04:02 PM
Why is that people pride themselves in voting for Bush because of his stance on terrorism...But the TWO places affected most by terrorism (New York and D.C. - think 9/11) overhwhelming supported Kerry?

Washington DC: Kerry - 183,876; Bush - 19,007

New York State: Kerry - 3,971,059; Bush - 2,782,457

and by NYS county in the Long Island/WTC area:
Suffolk: Bush - 301,710; Kerry - 303,375
Nassau: Bush - 278,727; Kerry - 312,388
Bronx: Bush - 52,752; Kerry - 260,438
*don't remember the rest of the counties, but you get my point..

Shann
11-04-2004, 04:09 PM
Let's not for get PA! They went for Kerry also...

Njean31
11-04-2004, 05:01 PM
Why is that people pride themselves in voting for Bush because of his stance on terrorism...But the TWO places affected most by terrorism (New York and D.C. - think 9/11) overhwhelming supported Kerry?

Washington DC: Kerry - 183,876; Bush - 19,007

New York State: Kerry - 3,971,059; Bush - 2,782,457

and by NYS county in the Long Island/WTC area:
Suffolk: Bush - 301,710; Kerry - 303,375
Nassau: Bush - 278,727; Kerry - 312,388
Bronx: Bush - 52,752; Kerry - 260,438
*don't remember the rest of the counties, but you get my point..

the largest discrepancies above are washington dc and the bronx county area, and i can say that about washington dc.........all i know is they voted for crack smoking-prostituting loving marion barry 2x, so why they vote like they do i'll never understand. the Bronx area is an anomly, maybe someone else could tackle that one. I do know that the family I know whose daughter/sister was killed in the wtc, they all voted for Bush.

cleaningla
11-04-2004, 05:38 PM
Did you hear on the news? Republicans in congress are saying they won't approve a supreme court justice that would overturn Roe vs Wade. Next thing you know they will be letting gays marry.

BWAAAAAHAHAHAHA

cavemtmomma
11-04-2004, 06:30 PM
No republicans in congress aren't saying that only one is and thats arlen spector.

cleaningla
11-04-2004, 06:40 PM
They said, republiicans in congress put Bush on notice. They only one they showed speaking on the news was Arlen Spector and he is one of the republicans on the judiciary commitee that makes the decision. Just because he was the only republican they showed speaking doesn't mean he is the only one telling Bush that.