PDA

View Full Version : Check cashing question

Tasha405
10-30-2004, 12:55 PM
I just got 2 survey checks in the mail today but I guess I forgot to update my info with them when we moved and they have my old address on them. Will the bank that I deal with now cash them for me even though they have my old address on them? Or should I e-mail the survey place and ask them if they can issue me a new check? Or.... what? Help! lol

kelly12569
10-30-2004, 12:58 PM
here's what I would do....

I would just go to the bank to cash them and not say anything unless they do. Then if they say something about the address change just be like "oh I didnt notice they still have my OLD address. And just see what they say I guess..

But I have never had a bank not cash a check for me because of the address on it. As long as its in your name I would think they wouldnt have a problem with it ;)

Tasha405
10-30-2004, 01:00 PM
Thanks! :D

I'll have DH take them in this week with his paycheck. ;) LOL

nanajoanie
10-30-2004, 01:40 PM
I still get checks in Tice's name even though it is officially off the account. They won't let me cash the checks but I can deposit them - so I do. I think my bank allows it because I've been there for over 16 years. and all the tellers and managers know me :)

kriskay
10-30-2004, 05:35 PM
I don't think the banks even look at the address, do they????? Unless they compare it they probably won't even notice.

booker'sbaby24
10-30-2004, 06:00 PM
I still cash with my old address. The bank doesn't say anything. I would just update my info after I cashed the 2 checks.

Tasha405
10-30-2004, 06:04 PM
I still cash with my old address. The bank doesn't say anything. I would just update my info after I cashed the 2 checks.
I did that earlier today. lol I thought I had updated with everyone but I forgot about them because I don't do many surveys for them.

I didn't know if they would look and notice it or not. Hopefully they won't. ;)

Thanks for the replies everyone. :)

nanajoanie
10-30-2004, 06:08 PM
Tice's checks were after he died and the bank knew it since I had to take his name off the account for probate. The address was the same but his name wasn't on the account anymore. That came about when I applied for his SS since it was $200. more than my check. Couldn't collect both - bummer :p