PDA

View Full Version : wedding license

Nimue
10-29-2004, 06:55 PM
Okay I have a really odd question but maybe some of you can help me. Me and my husband got to looking at our wedding license, we have been married almost 6 years, and noticed that the date on it is wrong. Not just wrong but not even a real date. :eek: It says the Ninety of November. Does this mean that we will have to get another one and get in essence remarried? In a way it is sort of funny, no one bothered to check it that day- we had alot more than just a wedding going on. But in a way it scares me too, does this mean we really arent married?

Thanks for any help.

Out2Lunch
10-29-2004, 07:23 PM
I'm sure you are still married. I would call the court house where it was filed and let them know about the typo and go from there!!:)

Not sure if I helped or not..... :D

queenangie
10-29-2004, 07:25 PM
This happened on Dick Van Dyke in the 1960's too.
They got remarried for the fun of it.

Eyore
10-29-2004, 07:37 PM
Something like that also happened on I Love Lucy but I think they spelled the name wrong or something like that.

Quaker_Parrots
10-30-2004, 04:15 AM
Like you, this happened to me(we had been married 5 years at the time). I went back to the county court clerk that handled our license, and they reissued me a corrected one (free of charge) since it was their error. We were married on the 4th, and they had the 9th (evidentally, they couldn't read the preachers handwritting, and came up with the wrong date,lol)

buglebe
10-30-2004, 03:44 PM
We have been married 41 years. Years ago but years after we were married I happened to notice that the IDIOT who filled out our license used white out because she put the wrong date in for the year we married. We kidded our daughter by telling her we had to get married. We were married on June 1, 1963 and daughter was born June 23, 1964. She would run to point at my wedding picture and tell me I wasn't pregnant. It was funny at the time and has never caused us any problems but I think it was terrible for anyone to do that to us considering at retirement or social security or whatever if we did actually have to prove when we married it could be a problem. I think it was just a STUPID thing for anyone to do. As years go by the paper is changing and the error more glaring. No one seems to realize the importance of anything anymore. Or they don't care.