PDA

View Full Version : Are you cooking tonight? 10/29

DAVESBABYDOLL
10-29-2004, 08:31 AM
Tonight is our high school teams last game (playing a few towns over) I am not going in the rain lol so I am making homemade pizza

next...

Tasha405
10-29-2004, 08:35 AM
I'm making homemade vegetable soup & corn bread for supper and I'm getting ready to make some homemade pepperoni & cheese bread/rolls for us to snack around on this weekend. :)

Hillbilly
10-29-2004, 08:54 AM
I'm going to pick up a slab of ribs,potato salad,and baked beans from a local BBQ joint...no cooking for me tonight. :D Have a great weekend everyone!!

Eyore
10-29-2004, 09:23 AM
I have a pork roast in the crockpot. Not sure what I am going to make to go with it.

justbeachy
10-29-2004, 09:54 AM
I'm making homemade vegetabe soup & corn bread for supper and I'm getting ready to make some homemade pepperoni rolls for us to snack around on this weekend. :)

Oooh, how do you do this? What's in them?

Tasha405
10-29-2004, 10:17 AM
Oooh, how do you do this? What's in them?
They are easy "homemade" things. ;) hehehe

The vegetable soup is...(this makes a lot!)

2 regular size cans of tomato sauce
3 big cans of mixed vegetables
2 cans of diced potatoes
1 (or 2) cans of corned beef
a few sticks of uncooked spaghetti (optional)
Spices... I use garlic, season salt, salt, pepper, crushed red peppers (just a little) and some dried onions.

*Do not drain the juice from the vegetables or potatoes.

Mix the cans of vegetables, potatoes, tomato sauce and spices in a big kettle. Let cook on medium heat for about 20 minutes. Break up the spaghetti noodles into pieces and add to the soup. Open your cans of corned beef and break into little chucks and add. Cook until spaghetti noodles are done.

Adjust your spices to your taste after you add the corned beef. The corned beef adds a whole new flavor to it.

I used to make this and always peeled potatoes and done it the harder way and then I noticed the diced potatoes one day and made it with them and it turned out just as good. ;)

The pepperoni rolls are easy too. I buy the Rhodes brand frozen white dinner rolls. You can get them in a bag of 36 to 70 some. Today I'm using 36.

You will need...

1 bag of Rhodes frozen White Dinner Rolls (36 ct.)
1 & 1/2 bags of pepperoni
about 3 - 4 cups of shredded pizza cheese (optional)
Pam cooking spray - vegetable oil
saran wrap
wax paper

Spray some wax paper with the Pam cooking spray and place your frozen rolls on it. Spray some saran wrap with Pam and cover the rolls with it. Let them thaw (not rise). Spray a baking sheet with Pam and set aside. After the rolls are thawed you can start pressing them out. Lay them on a plate and spray some Pam on it so they don't stick. You may have to spray the Pam with each one but use just a little bit. Just press them with your hands until the are flat and look like a little pizza or something like that. Add a few slices of pepperoni and a little bit of shredded cheese to the middle of the flattened roll. I bring in a little bit of the sides first and then start at the bottom and roll it up. Tuck your cheese back in if it starts to slide out. Lay them on the pan you sprayed with Pam earlier and cover them up with the saran wrap (with Pam on it) again. Let them rise (about 1 - 2 hours) and bake as the back of the bags says. I think its 350 for 15 - 20 minutes. As you know oven temps may vary so keep an eye on them. lol Take them out when they are starting to get a little brown on the top. These are very good. I make these for Christmas too. ;)

I hope you like these and if you have any questions just let me know. :D

cleaningla
10-29-2004, 10:58 AM
My oldest son was here for a few days and I've been making some of his favorite foods, but now he is gone and I am sick of cooking.

Looks like we are going to call for pizza and wings. :)

bribella
10-29-2004, 11:03 AM
London Broil with a bernaise sauce
rice
corn
salad

MamaFairal
10-29-2004, 11:18 AM
Not sure yet but right now this grape sucker is doing its job of curbing my appetite :)

HumblePie98
10-29-2004, 11:21 AM
I'm making homemade vegetable soup & corn bread for supper and I'm getting ready to make some homemade pepperoni & cheese bread/rolls for us to snack around on this weekend. :)

Will you PLEASE save me some!!! I havent had GOOD pepperoni bread in forever!!

Tasha405
10-29-2004, 11:25 AM
Will you PLEASE save me some!!! I havent had GOOD pepperoni bread in forever!!
I sure will! :D

rlynn411
10-29-2004, 11:57 AM
Just doing sandwiches tonight. Gonna make some sloppy joes and fries. Thinking about making a cake for a snack tonight. Like we need it here with all the trick or treat candy the kids hauled in last night!

newwiccan
10-29-2004, 12:05 PM
We're having homemade pizza and salad.

Urban Cowgirl
10-29-2004, 12:45 PM
WE are going to some friends' house, they are making a ham, I think. I did make a chocolate cream pie from scratch to take with us!!! Yummy