PDA

View Full Version : money orders??

ntgsmommy
10-27-2004, 04:31 PM
I recently bought a money order from the post office to pay for an ebay auction, and it was in Canada--I didn't look at the money order to see it said only for USA...I needed an international money order..aanyway, does anyone know if the post office will give me my money back for this one and either buy a new money order or just get the cash back??? :confused:

Tasha405
10-27-2004, 04:58 PM
I know they will cash a MO so they should take one back that isn't made out. Or maybe you could make it out to yourself? lol Good luck! :)

Nimue
10-27-2004, 05:02 PM
As long as you have your Id with you they will cash it for you. I did the same thing not to long ago and they cashed mine no problem.

ntgsmommy
10-27-2004, 05:05 PM
I know they will cash a MO so they should take one back that isn't made out. Or maybe you could make it out to yourself? lol Good luck! :)

that may be a problem--I already filled the to and from fields out, and sent it all the way to Canada, the seller sent it back to me since he couldn't cash it there anywhere...I filled out the to and from fields---I have the original receipt where I bought it though and id....I hope they will let me so I can pay for this ebay thing...I will never do international dealing again..to much hassle!

nanajoanie
10-27-2004, 05:11 PM
I just got educated again here at BBS. I didn't know about different Money Orders. I always 'assumed' and US Postal Money order was good anywhere in the world. Bet this info helps many here. Thanks :)

Tasha405
10-27-2004, 05:36 PM
that may be a problem--I already filled the to and from fields out, and sent it all the way to Canada, the seller sent it back to me since he couldn't cash it there anywhere...I filled out the to and from fields---I have the original receipt where I bought it though and id....I hope they will let me so I can pay for this ebay thing...I will never do international dealing again..to much hassle!
I would go to the PO and see if they could cash it for you. I'm pretty sure they will even with it made out to someone else. Especially since you have the receipt from your purchase of it and it already has your name it since its been filled out.

Maybe you could call first and ask before making a trip out?

Good luck! :)

ntgsmommy
10-27-2004, 07:49 PM
Well, I guess I'll find out tomorrow..thanks for the replies... ;)