PDA

View Full Version : Memolink...I'm done!

jpcampbl
10-22-2004, 07:14 PM
I have FOUR pending rewards going back to July of last year. Every so often I email them to see what's up, especially when I see others are receiving their prizes. I have been told I needed to make purchases through their site (I did), make more purchases (I did), make bigger purchases (sigh...I did) Now they don't even want to give me the points for purchases I made through their emails. They're giving me a new line now about accepting cookies, etc, and all the reasons they're not going to award my points...all wrong, because I've done everything I'm supposed to do and have been a member of Memolink since the very beginning. I emailed them back and told them I was tired of their excuses and wouldn't be making any more purchases through them. I don't believe any of their lines and don't think I'll see any of my prizes. I'm done. :-( What a waste of time.

ithastobe
10-22-2004, 09:15 PM
I agree - I'm done with them too.... quit quite a while ago, not worth my time. I've also stopped with Greenfield, not paying me .. once they pay, I may continue.

angelarwyn
10-22-2004, 09:23 PM
Congrats to both of you for not putting up with their crap. I too quit Memolink, not for my own reasons, but just because everyone I knew was getting jipped by them. And the only Greenfield surveys I fill out are for product tests.

romaninfla
10-23-2004, 11:32 PM
i have been done with them for almost 4 months now...but i do go once a wek just to keep the account open.........it states in their rules they can close it and you forfeit any pending rewards if you dont visit the site...so i click on the daily one and that is that........I still hope one day mayber in about three more years.....I will get my two pending rewards from 22 months ago.............but i am not going to give them the satisfaction of closing the account and getting out of paying me either.......

angelmom19
10-24-2004, 05:47 AM
I know how you feel. I have been a member of Memolink like "forever". I ordered an outback GC from them in July, 2003 (costing me 4,600 points) and am still waiting. I don't buy anything through them (won't give them the satisfaction!).

I've written them about 3 or 4 times to no avail. I know it's discouraging, but, like romaninfla, I'm not giving them the satisfaction of closing my account and forfeiting my points (I currently have almost 8,600 points on the books). I got these just for clicking the Site of the Day and answering the Trivia and e'mails (not alot of energy exerted there). I to am waiting with the hopes that they fulfil their end of the bargain and send the GC. Maybe some day before I'm to old to spend them. :D

As for Greenfield, I'm really beginning to wonder there too. I haven't received any compensation from them since my last redemption of $10 in 2/2004. They do take more time and energy to complete surveys and not get anything for them. Now that is discouraging. I agree with ithastobe, I'm tempted to quit them. I only fill out their surverys if I have some free time.

If you really want a program that pays, go to My Points, they credit their points and their GC turn around time is about a week.

Good luck

"Yesterday is gone forever, tomorrow may never come so lets make
the most of today."

kkosakow
10-26-2004, 01:20 PM
I too have had numerous problems with Memolink. After following up with them for over a year, I got tired of their empty promises. I told them I was going to complain to the Better Business Bureau, the Colorado State Attorney General and the Department of Consumer Affairs. I faxed a copy of the letter I sent to the Colorado State Attorney General to Memolink and also e-mailed it to the CEO and EVP listed on their Memolink. I got an e-mail within 24 hours stating that I would receive my gift certificate within two weeks. I actually had it within 5 days. I have copied the complaint letter I wrote below....

Colorado Department of Law
Attorney General Ken Salazar
1525 Sherman Street – 5th Floor
Denver, CO 80203

RE: Memolink, Inc.
7596 W. Jewell Avenue, Suite 104
Lakewood, CO 80232

Dear Mr. Salazar:

I'd like to bring to your attention a problem I encountered recently with the overall experience at Memolink, Inc. – a company located in Lakewood, Colorado. Memolink has cheated many on-line customers by refusing to honor their requests for prizes that the customers have rightfully earned. I have been owed a $50 web certificates from Memolink for over 15 months and doubt I will ever see it.

In June 2003, I requested $50 web certificate and was informed it would ship within 8 to 12 weeks. In November 2003, I followed up on the issuance of Web certificate and was informed it still had not shipped but would be issued within 8 weeks. In January 2004 I followed up a second time with Memolink on the issuance of my web certificate. I was informed that my order was somehow lost. I received an upgraded membership, a refund of all my points and was told to re-request my $50 web certificate. I re-requested my certificate as instructed and was told I should receive it in 12 weeks time. Most recently, I was told by Hank Bullis (Memolink Director of Member Support) that they are only sending prizes to active members who are currently earning revenue for Memolink and are not honoring old prize requests.

I have contacted the BBB (Better Business Bureau) three times regarding the firm's conduct in the past. Each complaint has resulted in more empty promises from Memolink (It will be shipped within 8 to 12 weeks). There is no follow-through on the part of the Better Business Bureau and Memolink continues to make promises that they are not obligated to keep.

I have fulfilled my obligations and requested my web certificate in accordance with Memolink policies, however Memolink has not honored their obligations to me. I simply wish that my request be honored so that I may put this issue behind me. Your assistance in resolving this matter would be much appreciated as I have been unable to resolve this issue through other channels.

Yours sincerely,

Enclosure: E-mail dated 9/20/2004 from Hank Bullis

cc: David Asseoff – Memolink, Inc. CEO
Mark Marin – Memolink, Inc. EVP
Hank Bullis – Memolink, Inc. Director of Member Services
Denver Area BBB – Complaint #

Amy_March
10-26-2004, 01:27 PM
That's a really great letter, and I'm glad you finally got things settled.

ithastobe
10-26-2004, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the copy of the letter. Your letter is professional, and factual (not impulsive and venting as a letter I drafted up on my own would sound LOL)!! It just upsets me that even though I don't order much from them (now why would I), that I used to their surveys from IFILM (Which I suspect they get paid for), and visit sites (which I suspect they get paid for too), that they don't honor my request.

Thanks for sharing! Take care.

dlwt
10-26-2004, 01:36 PM
I quit them a long time ago. BTW- My Points is still great I cashed out last week and had the giftcard in the mail on Saturday YAHOO and FAST

jpcampbl
10-26-2004, 04:57 PM
Here's the reply I got back to my rant:

Thank you for your email. I would like to explain our situation further so that there is no misunderstanding our previous email we sent you some time ago. Please understand that we HAVE to try a new approach to shipping prizes. Obviously, we want to stay and become a healthy, growing company. To do that, we have to work down the prize orders. We are delivering prizes first to people that earn us money so that they'll continue to do so, and as this happens, we'll be able to pay off ALL late prizes. But this is only temporary. I should also say that you don't have to SPEND MONEY to generate revenue. Any offer you complete that gives you more than 100 points probably generates revenue. It's just the Site of the Day, and Visit Websites and Trivia points that we offer for free that hurt us now and then. Those offers are to get people to come to the site once a day in hopes that they'll do something along with those offers that will make us a little money. Does that make sense? And again...this is certainly NOT how we want to keep things; it's just temporary until we can get more money coming in so we can pay off the old prizes.

If you want to know the criteria we're using for the current shipment - we are sending prizes to members who have completed two (2) or more 300 point transactions and have logged into their account in the last 6 weeks (indicating that they are somewhat active). Once we have those members shipped, we send to other members that have completed less than two (2) 300 point transactions, but they have to have logged in to the site in the last 6 weeks. It's possible that we'll change the criteria when we have most of those people taken care of, but that is the criteria we're using while we are trying to catch up.

Over the past few months, we have made a major dent in filling old prizes. Going forward, we expect to catch up even more. In fact, over the next 6 weeks, we expect to send out nearly 5,000 prizes, some of which date back quite some time.

Thank you again for your patience and our team has no doubt that ALL members will be receiving their prizes in the near future.

Sincerely,
Emma Miller
Member Support
Memolink, Inc.