PDA

View Full Version : MIA Alert ....

Jolie Rouge
10-15-2004, 02:38 PM
I will be gone for the weekend for a girlscout training ....

See ya Sunday !

buttrfli
10-15-2004, 05:22 PM
What am I going to read all weekend!!! :eek:

LOL

have fun!

fatesfaery
10-15-2004, 06:43 PM
Aww I remember my mom going for Girl Scout training weekends....It was the only time my dad got to find out about the joys of tending to four kids, and about the only time we ate out, sometimes my Dad would cook ...eating out was a much better option.

Have a blast!!

nanajoanie
10-15-2004, 06:53 PM

See ya Sunday !

You will be missed. Have a good time. And read you soon :)

adorkablex
10-15-2004, 07:39 PM
Have fun! I never got to be in Girl Scouts because there wasn't a troop in my area. Can I be in yours? Granted I'm a little old for it now.. I always wanted to go camping and do all the stuff my brother got to do in Boy Scouts.

bell_peaches
10-15-2004, 07:41 PM
Have fun and be safe.Enjoy

GodBlessAmerica
10-15-2004, 08:15 PM

See ya Sunday !

you'll be missed! & don't forget to bring back enough
'Thin Mints' & 'Iced Berry Pinatas' Cookies for all of us! :D

Have a good weekend! :)

Jolie Rouge
10-17-2004, 04:16 PM
I'm Baaacckk ....

Had a fun but exhausting weekend. Took courses in Salsa dancing, Zuma dancing ( a Cuban African rhythm ), Belly dancing, jewelry making, Tai Chi, quilting, and Flights of Fancy ( making butterflies & bird ornamnets ), Creative Arts ( painting flower pots & other "crafty" items ), certified in Fire Building ( to be able to teach ); slept in a glorified deer stand that was located a MILE from the Main Lodge ... a nice little hike three times a day.

WHEW !

queenangie
10-17-2004, 04:52 PM
Glad you are back safe & sound.

Bet you will sleep well tonight in your own bed;
especially after all that walking.

We did the Cub and Boy Scout training,
didn't have to sleep in a deer stand though.
Who's idea was that?

Jolie Rouge
10-17-2004, 05:02 PM
We did the Cub and Boy Scout training,
didn't have to sleep in a deer stand though.

It was a "glorified" deer stand -- fifteen feet up off the ground, we did have steps instead of a ladder but the four "walls" consisted maily of screened in openings -- no windows to close. The temps dropped down to the mid thirties. :eek: It would be fine in the summer, nice & breezy -- but much too cold for me this weekend. The name of our "Cabin" was the Eagles Roost. It is in a cirlce of similar cabin built in ravines and usually used by the older Cadets. Hawks Roost, Owls Roost, Falcons Roost, they soround a "lodge' which contained the bathhouse, kitchenette and dining room.

At least a tent has walls to cut the wind....