PDA

View Full Version : My Turn to Whine

momfromTN
10-15-2004, 10:12 AM
I have not been on here for awhile. We have not been able to live in our house since Hurricane Frances hit. Jeanne finished what Frances started. We have major water damage and had to move our things to a storage unit, pending insurance inspection, etc, through our landlord. Anyway, my husband had left some things behind and meant to go out this weekend to get them. Well, I went to the house yesterday, and we discovered some people had stolen several things, including a welder and many tools of DH's, and my guitar I had since I was 12. We are thinking it was our lowlife neighbors but we cannot prove it. No, we didn't have insurance, but you can bet your sweet bippy we will NEVER be without it again. We are to blame for not clearing completely out sooner. I tell you I am SICK of farking Florida! My husband works as a handyman and got rooked out of a nice-paying tiling job. He is scrambling to make up for it. I have not been able to work since the hurricanes~I work from home and I am nearly 6 mos pregnant, so I really am not in a position to find work. Anyway, that is the jist of it, and I just wanted to whine. You may return to your regularly scheduled venting and whining now. :D

SouthOSane
10-15-2004, 10:23 AM
Well, I went to the house yesterday, and we discovered some people had stolen several things, including a welder and many tools of DH's, and my guitar I had since I was 12. We are thinking it was our lowlife neighbors but we cannot prove it.

What jerks..kick someone while they're down..there's always Karma..((hugs)) hope things look up for you guys

momfromTN
10-15-2004, 10:25 AM
What jerks..kick someone while they're down..there's always Karma..((hugs)) hope things look up for you guys

Thank you. Yep, I hope the guitar strings bust and put their eye out. I also hope the welder blows up on them. I hope they get what is coming to them. Lowlife scum sucking theives. Looters make me sick.

schsa
10-15-2004, 12:37 PM
After all of the water and the damage, the guitar probably warped and there was too much water in the welder for it to work (wishful thinking).

I went through Hugo and I so feel for you. The apartment building across from mine totally lost it's roof and the guy who lived in the upstairs apartment was out to sea. Everything he had was completely destroyed.

Your crappy neighbors will get theirs. In the meantime, there will be tons of work for your husband for the next few years.

justinenycole26
10-15-2004, 08:03 PM
Where do you live? Mt landlord was telling my hubby today that the guy doing our tile needed help.

Sorry you lost your stuff!
Ditto on the renter's insurance!

queenangie
10-15-2004, 10:45 PM
Sorry for your loss, dear.

The important thing is that you and your family are safe & sound.

Don't let this get you stressed out - for the sake of your unborn baby.

Hugs,
Angie

YankeeMary
10-16-2004, 06:44 AM
I am sorry...HUGS!!!