PDA

View Full Version : ebay is my friend and can be yours too if you have a good eye for nice stuff

Njean31
10-14-2004, 05:39 AM
I just want to say that i have read on here so many times about people barely making ends meet, not having food, SAHM's struggling, single parents struggling. i'm here to tell you how to MAKE SOME MONEY :D

right now i have about 10 auctions on ebay. it is all stuff i got at yard sales for cheap, BUT it is good stuff and people are willing to pay big bucks on ebay if you have the right stuff and present it nicely.

i bought a dooney and bourke purse at a yard sale for 5.00, it is currently up to 38.00 with 5 days to go. got a set of bath and body works lotion and gel for 3.00 for the set, currently at 14.50 on ebay. got a bratz doll at yard sale for 3.00 and it's up to 6.45, they all have 5 days left and there's more but you get the point. i've been doing this for years and it is so fun to see something you paid 3.00 for sale on ebay for 40.00. Once i got a little girls rothschild coat for 5.00 and got 50.00 for it on ebay, the list goes on and on IF you know what to buy and present it properly.

Friday night get the paper, find yard sales close to you, prepare a route and hit the road around 6:30 sat morning. look for nothing but name brand stuff like tommy, ralph lauren, brighton, gymboree, bath & body works, nike, skechers, stuff that you can group into lots according to size but it has to be high quality stuff. wash it if necessary, iron it, make a set or a lot if you can, start your auction off at 1.00 and whallllaaaaaaaa, you will make a profit. it does require effort with the yardsaling and packaging and running to the post office, but when your paypal acct has 800.00 in it for stuff that actually cost you 75.00, it's worth it, atleast to me it is ;)

buttrfli
10-14-2004, 05:44 AM
Isn't Ebay great??? My greatest sale was a Fender brand emblem that had broken off one of DH;s amps a zillion years ago.... from the 60's. He told me to put it on to see what happened and of course I thought he was nuts and I wouldn't make enough to cover the listing fee.

The last 5 minutes of the auction the emblem went from $12 to 89... then ended at $102... who knew!!!! I told him to start breaking more of his stuff LOL

Glad Ebay is working for you... I am in a "burn out" stage right now, but I have always enjoyed selling :) Hope you continue to have great luck!! :)

reneep45
10-14-2004, 05:46 AM
That is great ! I used to go to auctions & get box lots of stuff , take it home & sort , clean & price it , then set up at the flea market , i made lots of money !!! :)

I love ebay too , i got some realy nice preemie clothes for my granson real cheep & it was all new in the packages :)

Njean31
10-14-2004, 05:48 AM
Isn't Ebay great??? My greatest sale was a Fender brand emblem that had broken off one of DH;s amps a zillion years ago.... from the 60's. He told me to put it on to see what happened and of course I thought he was nuts and I wouldn't make enough to cover the listing fee.

The last 5 minutes of the auction the emblem went from $12 to 89... then ended at $102... who knew!!!! I told him to start breaking more of his stuff LOL

Glad Ebay is working for you... I am in a "burn out" stage right now, but I have always enjoyed selling :) Hope you continue to have great luck!! :)

WOW, it still amazes me what people will pay for stuff on there. and thanks :)
also wanted to add that starting your auction at 1.00 is MOST helpful because someone will say, "i can pay 1.00 for that dooney and bourke purse", then you got a bid and the more bids the more views of the auction and most of the time people start trying to outbid one another.

bribella
10-14-2004, 06:59 AM
I have thought about selling stuff on ebay. I have TONS of stuff as I tend to be a packrat lol! But I hear too many horror stories about ebay. Maybe someday I will. Right now I just donate everything I don't want. Before I moved from MN to WA I gave away TONS of clothes, shoes, baby furniture to the local thrift store, I could of sold on ebay and made some moola.

Njean31
10-14-2004, 07:10 AM
I have thought about selling stuff on ebay. But I hear too many horror stories about ebay.

i'll tell you one thing i do that helps. if a bidder has no feedback or excessive negative feedback, cancel thier bid. and always describe your item to a "T", include any flaws if there are any AND always include the .45 delivery confirmation. i've only had 2 problems out of 461 transactions and that was from me buying something that was not described properly and one time i bought some dvd's from some guy with only 6 feedbacks...over 70.00 worth.......and never saw them. now i always make sure they have alot of all pos feedback ;)

joaimee
10-14-2004, 08:15 AM
I really have to agree with you about ebay. I go to all the library book sales and Goodwill and pick up books to sale on ebay. Several times I have picked up a book for 50 cents, listed it and had it sell for between $15-$20. This past month, I listed $30 worth of books, and made $160. I think it's a great way to make money, especially with Christmas just around the corner.

tracyb
10-14-2004, 09:25 AM
I have thought about selling stuff on ebay. I have TONS of stuff as I tend to be a packrat lol! But I hear too many horror stories about ebay. Maybe someday I will. Right now I just donate everything I don't want. Before I moved from MN to WA I gave away TONS of clothes, shoes, baby furniture to the local thrift store, I could of sold on ebay and made some moola.

THAT IS NICE TO DONATE. WHY DONT YOU GO ON HERE SALE AND TRADE AND SELL SOEM OF YOUR STUFF SO I........... LOL AND OTHERS CAN MAYBE BUY THS STUFF AND MAKE YOU SOME MONEY!!!

I LOOOOOVVVVEEEEEE EBAY!!!!!!! :D