PDA

View Full Version : I need computer help.

Bohemut
10-12-2004, 06:52 PM
First off let me say that I'm pretty computer illiterate. I can install and run programs just fine, but have absolutely no idea how to fix an arising problems. Hardware associated problems are especially difficult for me. Okay so now that you know how little I know, maybe someone can help me. I got a new game and installed it. It installed fine, no error messages or indication anything was wrong. Went to play the game and got this:

Your graphic card does not support transforms and lighting in hardway (T&L).The game will not run.

I went to the site of the card manufacturer (VIA Technologies) and downloaded an update. Didn't do any good. Went to my computer manufacturer's site (HP) and downloaded their graphics update. Still no difference. So what do I do now? Do I need to buy a new graphic/video card? I will if I have to, but then I know nothing about installing it. Sigh.

spyfox
10-12-2004, 09:32 PM
Email me the make and model number of your computer... so i determine what video card is installed, and the game you are trying to play.... spyfox42@charter.net