PDA

View Full Version : Ad quiz?

gibber
10-12-2004, 04:22 PM
Are there any right or wrong answers to the 2500 point Ad Quiz on RTV today? It seems like the others gave points no matter what everyone guessed. It's been so long since I got one that I can't remember. The question I got was:

In a commercial you may have seen, what did a long-haired man in a cowboy hat against a black backdrop, who picked some twangy guitar riffs, say to people who weren't "active in this American dream"

Advised them to "put up or shut up"
Didn't want to hear them "*****in' and moanin"
Said they had a "lousy attitude"
Told them to "hit the freakin' highway"

Thanks for any help!

winder
10-12-2004, 04:34 PM
I don't know, this will only be my second ad quiz.
Mine was
In a commercial you may have seen, what did a goateed man, who stood in front of a black backdrop wearing a black hat, advise you to do if you "want to do something with your life" and "really be known for something"?
I chose:
Follow your heart and "make something happen"
and it awarded me the points.

gibber
10-12-2004, 04:36 PM
Thanks winder! It seems like they give points no matter what you guess. I couldn't find the comm listed anywhere. It must be one they just make up. :D

I looked back and it credited me with the points and I didn't even click on an answer....so even if you open it, you'll get the points! :cool:

yellowsadd
10-12-2004, 06:59 PM
I got this one:
In a commercial you may have seen, who was "calling out to the 20 million loud-and-proud" and encouraging them to vote?
Man in a brown leather jacket and jeans standing on a busy city street corner
Man in a gray sports jacket and collarless red shirt on a soundstage
Man in a blue sweatshirt and headband next to an athletic field
Man in a black baseball cap and tee-shirt in front of a black backdrop

I selected Man in a black baseball.

SaraSmiles
10-12-2004, 10:21 PM
I havent seen any of the commericials yet. No matter what u select u get your 2500 pts. :)

dreemin
10-12-2004, 10:46 PM
I got this one....

In a commercial you may have seen, what did a musical artist, who stood in front of a black backdrop wearing a black hat, do by discussing the widespread effect that the "simple words" and heartfelt "expressions" of his music had on people?
and I chose .....Brought opposing sides together

I think that if you choose the right one, youre going to get more questions, like what is this ad for? and possibly more points
I only got 2500 so maybe we can put the ones we chose and if we choose them all and noone gets any other bonus questions, we'll know that there arent any more points possible

Janfz
10-13-2004, 09:47 AM
I got --

In a commercial you might have seen, what happened after the interior and exterior of a black sedan, displayed against a metal wall, was shown as classical music played and an announcer described the car's features?

Robotic arm used laser to mark height of car on wall
Machines on wheels added details to car's fenders
Motorized lift raised car up through opening in roof
I chose this one -- Computerized readout appeared on car's windshield

gibber
10-13-2004, 02:56 PM
I don't understand about the frequency of these, but have another one today. It's

In a commercial you might have seen, what did other cars do as a man and woman drove together in a black sedan on a wet, city street at night as classical music played and an announcer discussed the car's features?
Followed it in long caravan
Pulled over to clear its path
Skidded and spun around
Shone their headlights on it

I picked "Shone their headlights on it", and got 2500 pts. Maybe they're gonna start giving us one of these everyday! :D