PDA

View Full Version : Mid-terms on Friday

ocvachick
10-11-2004, 04:49 PM
Ok, I need some support here. I have midterms on Friday. I just got my text book on Saturday (long long story!!!) and I have 13 chapters to review. I am so nervous.. not to mention an 8 page research paper. This is all in marketing...

I also have a psychology paper due about my own funeral and what I believe people will think about me when I am gone. *YIKES*

Wish me luck and say lots of prayers for me.. If you dont see me on the boards someone please come looking for me haha :p

DivineMsDi
10-11-2004, 04:50 PM
Good luck, Ocvachick, I remember those days well. Yikes, October...the cooler weather and those midterms.

Hope you do very well!!!

ocvachick
10-11-2004, 07:04 PM
Thanks :) I just woke up from falling asleep in my book. Being sick and trying to study just isnt working out very well.

YankeeMary
10-12-2004, 04:43 AM
Sorry you are sick. Try not to sweat the mid-terms, you will do great, a piece of cake. Keep us updated.

Angel Lips
10-12-2004, 04:47 AM
good luck, and I hope you feel better

teenies*mom
10-12-2004, 05:07 AM
Good Luck and hope you start feeling better

ocvachick
10-12-2004, 03:12 PM
well i woke up this morning after being up until 3 AM reading and i started again. im breaking now until 7:30 trying to catch up on some posts, doing discussion for school and just trying to have some sort of normal life. 2 more days of cramming.... darn school!!!!!!!!!!!! if they had mailed me my books instead of waiting for 3 weeks into school this wouldnt be so bad. if i dont bomb these exams it will be a miracle!!!

Kelsey1224
10-12-2004, 03:23 PM
Just a hint for cramming 13 chapters. Don't worry about reading the entire chapters. Read the first paragraph of sections only. Look for highlighted words, answer the questions at the end of the chapter.

When I got my Master's Degree, I was in an accelerated program where we completed one course approximately every month. I NEVER read the entire book...there simply wasn't time. I learned the art of skimming and identifying the key important points.

I once got the highest grade in the class without ever opening the book. That particular course came with a study guide which had all the answers to the tests. I went to class, listened to lectures and studied the study guide.

Good luck.

ocvachick
10-12-2004, 06:39 PM
I have started skimming too... Im mostly looking at the definitions of the highlighted words. I am trying to cram as much as possible so I wont completely bomb the test. I have knocked out like 100 pages today, so I dont feel so bad. Just tonight and 2 more days to go.......

ocvachick
10-13-2004, 03:49 PM
popping in to let everyone know im still alive.......

wndysfrnd
10-13-2004, 04:54 PM
Good luck on your mid-terms. I have mine next week.

ocvachick
10-13-2004, 06:49 PM
best of luck to you also :)