PDA

View Full Version : Amber Alert!! Oklahoma

buttrfli
10-06-2004, 12:19 PM
I hoped when they found the van that the baby would be in it... sadly it is not :(

---

Tulsa - Police have found a van reported stolen from a grocery store with a two-month old child inside, but police say the van was empty when it was found.

The blue 1993 Chevrolet AstroVan was stolen from the Albertson's store near 1600 North Peoria at about 1:30 p.m. Wednesday afternoon. An Amber Alert was issued shortly before two o'clock. Preliminary reports are that the van was stolen from the parking lot of the store.

At about two o'clock, the van in question was discovered abandoned near 900 North Peoria, but the van was empty. Police continue to look for the suspect and the child at this time.

The suspect is described as a black male wearing a dark blue shirt like a gas station attendant would wear. He also was wearing a light blue t-shirt or undershirt underneath and had dark blue pants.

The child, named Donte, is wearing a baseball-type outfit. Anyone with information is urged to call 911 immediately and give authorities as much detail as you can.

teenies*mom
10-06-2004, 12:24 PM
Thats too sad - I hate hearing stuff like this.

buttrfli
10-06-2004, 12:30 PM
Ok, now I am MAD!!!! I am watching the breaking news on this and they are showing the mother with her other 2 children ... who she took into the store with her, but didn't take the baby because he was asleep!!!!!! Who leaves a baby in a car for any reason?!?!?!

I pray they find this child safe.

As for the mother.... I am too mad to speak. :mad:

DivineMsDi
10-06-2004, 01:20 PM
DON'T LEAVE YOUR CHILDREN IN THE CAR! Sorry, but to me, this is just stupid, though I feel for the parents very much. I know lots of people will say, "I always leave my kids in the car when I run into 7-11 or whatever," but WHY? It is the same for leaving your keys in the car and it unlocked....

I am also really shocked by all the crime stats I see from other parts of the USA..(I am doing relocation research). Places like OK and Kansas have really bad crime....I guess it is the nature of the world. You cannot escape it.

buttrfli
10-06-2004, 02:42 PM
at least the baby is safe ..... :rolleyes:

you know when i saw her on the news, she didn't seem to be the slightestbut upset, which stuck me funny, but who can say there is any one way to react to that situation...

----

Tulsa - Police say the story that a two-month old child was kidnapped from a grocery store parking lot has turned out to be a hoax. Police agencies spent hours Wednesday afternoon searching for the child after the van the baby was allegedly in was reported stolen from the Albertson's near 1600 North Peoria.

It all began at about 1:30 p.m., when a woman told police she went to the Albertson's and went inside for just a minute. She says when she returned, the van was gone and so was her baby.

It has now been learned that the child is in Kansas with relatives and is safe. Apparently, the child was never inside the vehicle. As to why the woman told police a child was missing, that is not known at this point. It's also unknown if the woman might face charges for filing a false police report.

What is also unknown at this point is if the van was ever really stolen. Police want to know how the van came to be in the 900 block of North Peoria, but they say the suspect on store surveillance video they believed may have stolen the vehicle may not have been involved at all.

Police spent several man hours Wednesday and it comes at a time when they're suffering from a manpower shortage.

Katt
10-06-2004, 02:56 PM
Sounds like they need to file charges on the woman for giving false statements and for "child endangerment" even though she lied about the child, she still admitted to being incredibly stupid.

People amaze me.

Angel Lips
10-06-2004, 06:27 PM
im just glad that baby is safe

DAVESBABYDOLL
10-06-2004, 06:38 PM
What the heck is wrong with the so called "mother"? She needs a pshyc evaluation.

Tasha405
10-06-2004, 06:42 PM
Sounds like they need to file charges on the woman for giving false statements and for "child endangerment" even though she lied about the child, she still admitted to being incredibly stupid.

People amaze me.
ITA!! Why on earth would someone make up a story like that? Thats just crazy!

buttrfli
10-06-2004, 07:23 PM
The news is reporting that she said there was a baby in the car because she wanted the police to make finding her car a priority... :confused:

I hope she does get some kind of charges brought agaist her. Tulsa is oozing with crime and I am not talking about petty little things, we have major things that go on everyday and she took that extra manpower of the police force away from something more important than her car.

There are several "rumors" going around different news sites. One of which that her car wasn't even "stolen" but there was some other "something" going on.

What posseses a person to do something like that?

buttrfli
10-07-2004, 05:27 AM
I'll stop harping on this I PROMISE! LOL

Lisa Miller has four other children. She says the Department of Human Services removed them from her home Wednesday evening after the long ordeal. She says she's devastated.

Now I am all for the TPD bringing charges against her for what she did, but for DHS to just show up and take her kids is wrong. It didn't state if that was the reason or if something else happened (like they showed up and there were poor living cond.) Heres the link to the latest story where she explains what happened:

http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/1004/178426.html

Whether I believe her or not is another story, but to take her kids just for that reason is wrong.