PDA

View Full Version : Do you really think????

brooks45
09-24-2004, 09:24 PM
Now i know this sounds silly ,But i have read so many posts and replys over the years that people feel there mailman get there mail,freebies,etc!
The only reason iam wondering is because all this week..the only thing i have received in the mail is my (usa daily newspaper) and the weeks before have been slim! I have mail that was suppose to be here a week ago and other mail that was due several weeks back and never recived them. example..

ebay wins..thats been paid for..which i have already contacted seller about..
thomas kinkade freebie..alot are still waiting on this
the erasable black marker
numourous samples..to many to list
rebate checks

anyway you get the idea!! so i set here with my notebook with a list of things that i have not received yet! do i start emailing all these companies and complain..or do you think its the MAILMAN!! And for the record.. I have the nicest middle aged mailman that is almost due for retirement and sometimes they have subs because my reg mailman is due for retirement

How do you all handle this!! :eek:

fatesfaery
09-24-2004, 09:32 PM
There have been times I've wondered. There have been at least 3 product tests that I've qualified for that I never received, and I know that other's here received theirs.
I've watched out the window while the mailman held mail up to the light like he was trying to read it or see what was inside. All my outgoing mail is done that way.
My mailman looks like the kind of person you'd hate to meet in a dark alley....kind of scary and never clean. Long,greasy,stringy hair.

I've never complained about mine. I don't really think he's breaking any sort of rule by doing what he does, it's just creepy to watch him holding our mail up to the light like we're terrorist or something.

brooks45
09-24-2004, 09:42 PM
Oh!! Yeah!! My sweet innocent looking mailman does the same thing..reads my mail and who its from etc! and I have noticed him parked down on the corner at the stop sign and standing there in the back of his mail jeep.. sorting mail..I would amagine this is normal..but arent they suppose to do this before they leave the post office :eek: Just here lately iam noticing more hints!! But these are the kinds of things i read on the boards and it is scary!! :eek:

Kyla Kym
09-25-2004, 01:11 AM
It might not be him. It could be the ones who give it to him.

Several years ago when our old postmaster retired, we got this ding bat of a postmaster as a replacement. She is so loony that I can't believe she is allowed to hold such a job.

I could make your eye's bug out if I told you all the things she has done in the past. Some of the most entertaining was when she stopped on the side of the highway on her way to work and scooped up a dead squirrel and cooked it in the post office. :eek:

Then there was the time that I was watching out the store window and someone was getting a paper out of the machine and she hollered at them to wait don't close that door. And she took (stole ) one for herself . She whirled around so fast to leave that she didn't notice the turkey scales I had hanging from the eve of the store to check turkeys with and " Whack " it got her right on the forehead. Later that day she came in the store with a huge knot on her head and someone asked her what happened and she told them how my turkey scale attacked her, to which I replied that it was God after her for stealing that paper! :p

She use to come in my store and come behind the counter and just take handfuls of condiments when she hadn't bought anything. So one day I chased her back to the post office and told her those packets are 10 cents a piece if you aren't buying food. That finally put a stop to her stealing my stuff. Looks like she would know that the Heinz company doesn't leave those packets out of the goodness of their hearts. They cost money! A very small box is around $15.00 the last time I bought them.(years ago)

One time she read a post card that I had received in the mail to one of my friends before I had gotten it. And after she became postmaster my packages seem to always be open when they arrive now. I've also heard other people in town talk about finding things such as book markers in their magazines with page numbers jotted down on them in her hand written. So she shops out of our magazines in her spare time. :rolleyes:

So maybe it might be someone else that is messing with your stuff.

Eyore
09-25-2004, 05:56 AM
Maybe you could contact some of the companys and see if they can tell you if and when the sent things out to you. The same with checks see if they sent them and if so have they been cashed.
Then if you find out that yes they have been mailed out a while ago and checks were cashed, then go to the post office and inform them.

brooks45
09-25-2004, 08:31 PM
All i can say!! kyla!! :eek: :eek:

Eyore! I have contacted some about the checks..and the most recent was about a target/glamour promo about getting a $10 target gift card..lady handling that promo says they sent me a card last december! I told her i never received it..so she said she would send me another and she did.. but thank goodness she sent it airbourne express.I received this one couple days ago. because who know if i would have received it if it came regular mail..thanx for your replys!

MsLynn
09-25-2004, 08:35 PM
well the last 3 items i've had have been opened.... hair color (guess it was the wrong shade). movies ( guess they didn't like my pics) and a t shirt ( guess they don't like 911 shirts), if one more thing shows up like that, i'm hitting the USPS with a complaint

buglebe
09-25-2004, 08:41 PM
I have also received many packages that look to me like they have been obviously opened and others that look like they've been dropped from an airplane but I truthfully do not think it is the mailman. I mean think how many hands they go through. And yes it could be somewhere along the line but I don't think it is the one who comes to our houses. Think about when they go on airplanes etc.

twinkiesmom
09-25-2004, 09:00 PM
I had a trade on this board this month that took forever to get here. When I did get the package, it was postmarked on the 9th, I didn't get it til the 18th. There were no holidays either. It does make ya wonder.

sahm2
09-25-2004, 09:34 PM
At my post office I wouldn't doubt it they throw away all the "junk mail" like store flyers, pennysaver and all the sale papers. They have told me flat out that if I want them I can come into the post office on the days that these should go into the mail and dig in the trash for them. I have complained to the post office and all the stores that pay to send these out but so far it hasn't helped.

MsLynn
09-26-2004, 02:24 PM
well on my packages being opened, all i can say is I'VE NEVER had problems until i moved here, now everyone of them seem to be opened

Anthill
09-26-2004, 02:53 PM
OMG, I thought I was the only one that thought that!!! Just this week, I was wondering why I hadn't gotten any freebies. I keep a notebook of all the freebies I request and it's been awhile since I crossed one off the list. I thought it was Odd. I did notice that we have a new mailperson, and maybe she is into that kind of stuff. I also don't use my real name, so maybe she thinks it is ok since there isn't a person w/ that name and how can I prove that she is taking the stuff etc.

Now this is weird. I ordered stuff back in mid August from ABC Dist. They sent me an Email stating that the majority of my order went to Miami Fed Ex on the 7th. I then got an email I believe around the 18th stating that one small package (I ordered a cutting board) was sent to Miami Fed Ex. THe other day (Thursday), I recieved the cutting board. Wouldn't you think that maybe my package was delivered and since I wasn't home someone could have stolen it, or maybe it got lost etc. So I called which is not a Toll free #. The women tells me to wait until the 4th of October. I asked her why and this is the reason she gave me. THey could be holding up the package becuase it's a big one. I said well then I may never get it then, because the package is not going to get smaller the longer they hold it????? I never heard of such a thing Have you???

adorkablex
09-26-2004, 03:36 PM
Our mail man looks like someone from Deliverance. I wrap all of my outgoing mail in scapbook type paper (with a pattern of some sort) and use heavier stock envelopes because of his nosey butt. I understand the whole terrorism aspect but don't they have machines to do this? This has nothing to do with any of this, but our mailman stuffs everything into the mail box. No matter if it's a box or a bubble mailer. Most of my magazines end up all ripped and torn. The only time he gets his butt out of the mail truck is when we get something in a BIG box. I just love when Amazon.com puts 2-3 cds in a BIG box instead of something more suitable and makes him actually bring it to the porch :D

nanajoanie
09-26-2004, 04:02 PM
I've been lucky I guess. Never had a problem. Have 2 mail lady's with many address. The only thing I'm still waiting on is the Thomas Kincaide book for me and my special daughter. My sister already got the silk scarf and loves it.

freeplease
09-26-2004, 04:18 PM
My daughter always gets her Cosmo magazine later than anyone on earth. I guess our creepy mailman is looking for tips. Eww. We LOVE our sub, though. The mail actually gets to the right addy, and he's so pleasant. I wish the old dude would just retire already. My luck, he'll be the oldest living confederate widow-I mean mailman. :rolleyes: