PDA

View Full Version : WoooHoo!!! Half.com's NOT closing!!

JKATHERINE
09-23-2004, 02:32 PM
Dear Seller,

In our last announcement earlier this summer, we said that Half.com would be closing on October 14, 2004. We have decided not to go forward with this plan and will keep Half.com open indefinitely.

Over the last year and a half, our efforts to prepare for a consolidated marketplace for Books, Movies, Music and Video Games on eBay have helped many Half.com sellers transition to eBay, especially during this past back-to-school season. Many of you have reported being successful on eBay while growing your overall sales by selling on both platforms. This has contributed to the biggest back-to-school season ever experienced on eBay. However, with all the growth in the Books, Movies, Music and Video Games categories on eBay, we have not seen a corresponding drop in business on Half.com. In fact, loyalty to Half.com has remained strong as we witnessed yet another outstanding back-to-school season on Half.com. The buying and selling activities of the eBay and Half.com communities have proven that the Books, Movies, Music and Video Games marketplace can be more vibrant with both Half.com and eBay.

We have heard from many of you that you want the Half.com site to remain open and to have the option to sell on both platforms. Your input, as well as the data and experience we have gained during the transition efforts, are the basis for our decision to keep Half.com open. There will be no substantive changes to Half.com in the foreseeable future. We encourage you to sell on both Half.com and eBay to maximize your sales, as many of you have already done throughout the transition period. Going forward, we will invest in both platforms and allow sellers and buyers the flexibility to benefit from the unique opportunities they each allow.

If you have further questions, please read our Frequently Asked Questions page or attend one of the following live interactive Q&A sessions with eBay and Half.com executives:

• Thursday, September 30 @ 10:00am PT -- REGISTER

• Tuesday, October 5 @ 4:00pm PT -- REGISTER

We appreciate and look forward to your continued loyalty to Half.com.
Sincerely,

Mike Aufricht
VP/GM, Half.com

Satin
09-23-2004, 02:49 PM
Thank Heaven, I love half.com:)

Willow
09-23-2004, 05:48 PM
I know someone who will be happy about this. lol

Shann
09-24-2004, 01:12 AM
i didn't even know they were considering closing down! I'm glad they are not though, they have some good deals :)

miralys
09-24-2004, 03:50 AM
Oh that is wonderful news :D