PDA

View Full Version : Critter thread

Satin
09-22-2004, 09:24 PM
I was just wondering what kind of critter's y'all had. I have two dogs, sometimes three, because I dogsit for a friend when his work takes him out of state:(
My border collie/sheltie mix is the smartest dog I have ever known, and she is named for the Spanish word for laughter because she looks like she's always laughing--and I think that she is--she's laughing at us silly humans:) My other dog is a husky/wolf/sharpie/chow mix--I know, YIKES. I dogsit a wolf hybrid named Casper because he's white, and I have a sweet little kitty cat named Poppet :)

fatesfaery
09-22-2004, 09:33 PM
Risa is certainly an unusal name for a pet.
We have a Jack Russell Terrier named Taffy, a Shaded Silver Persian named Anastasia, two domestic shorthairs...Merlin and Punky.

Satin
09-22-2004, 09:36 PM
It suits her very well though and it's really a lovely name:)

Jack Russells are so cute...I've always had larger dogs, but I think next time I get a new pet it will be a smaller one.

I've always wanted a Beagle, too.

ahippiechic
09-22-2004, 09:39 PM
I have a black long-haired kitty named Phoenix, a tarantula named A'Rachne, a pink cornsnake named Pinky and 4 goldfish; blacky, whitey, spot & goldy. :D

And my 3 year named all of them! :)

kriskay
09-22-2004, 09:45 PM
We have a hermit crab that the kids named Shellvey. She is actually a pretty cool little creature.

Tippytail
09-22-2004, 10:44 PM
We have a dwarf hammie named Bijou, a shihtzu named Murphy, a 100 gl. tank of Lake Malawi Cichlids and 6 cats with the names of Punkin, Fender, Sheba, Peanut, Dixie and Toby.

Satin
09-22-2004, 10:47 PM
a tarantula as a pet? Yikes.

Quaker_Parrots
09-23-2004, 03:02 AM
Congo African Grey named Boo
4 Quaker parrots Sammi, Ed, Sweetie, & Kiwi

Eyore
09-23-2004, 05:10 AM
I have 5 cats, Tinkerbell, Simone, Holly, Conner, and Shadow.

Angel Lips
09-23-2004, 05:13 AM
I have

2- dogs (both cock-a-po's) Tigger and Princes (piglet)

2- rats- pure white one is named Peanut (hes a boy), the other one is a female and shes black and white and my boyfriend named her Oreo

1- cat his name would be simba

kelly12569
09-23-2004, 05:17 AM
We have five cocker spaniels and a litter on the way!! And no we're not keeping any out of this litter :eek: contrary to my children's opionions , LOL

Molly -chocolate cocker spaniel age 1

Alice - blonde cocker spaniel age 1

Smooches - black cocker age 3 and prego

Harley -black cocker age 4 and the proud papa of the first two on the list and the litter thats on the way

Babe - black n white cocker age 6

Two cats:

Bootsie age 7

and Pepper age 4

And five kids and one DH , do they count as critters too?? LMAO :p

buttrfli
09-23-2004, 05:24 AM
we have 3 "ese" cats (siamese & burmese)

Frankie, Lizzie and Ozzi

5 sugar gliders

Monkey, Lucy, Stinky, Dancer and a baby that will be going to her new home soon (so we didn't name her) I just call her lil baby lol

The Cats (http://members.cox.net/buttrflipics/cats.htm)

Satin
09-23-2004, 05:34 AM
What's a sugar glider? Is that a snake? :eek:

Lora_1994
09-23-2004, 05:35 AM
1 dog red chow that is almost 2 y/o and her name is Bessie

4 outside cats- fluffy, smartypants,snowball,snowflake and kitty(never really got a name for it)

1 inside calico and her name is Caycee

Lora_1994
09-23-2004, 05:37 AM
Butterfli my uncle has over 50 sugar gliders. They are soo cool. Everytime we go up that way to visit my kids just get a kick out of them. Last time we were there he only had like 15 of them, so he's gotten ALOT more since I've seen him last.

Lora_1994
09-23-2004, 05:45 AM
Satin here is a link about sugar gliders with some pics of them. They're really interesting little critters.

here's a couple of pics of some :

http://www.skinhorse.net/gliders/graphics/gliders.gif

http://sugargliders4u.ciferno.net/194703031%5B1%5D.jpg

Sugar Gliders (http://www.angelfire.com/tx/facehugger/info.html)

suprtruckr
09-23-2004, 05:46 AM
one dog that thinks she's Da Boss her name is cadee aka chithead puppy come february she'll be 2, if i don't beat her up first :lol

http://suprtruckr.homestead.com/files/ms_cadee.jpg

we also have 2 cats one is an orange cat thats about 12 yrs old and the other is almost 20 yrs old

mom2cvam
09-23-2004, 07:00 AM
We have:
1 English Springer Spaniel named Lady who is 3 years old.
1 Black kitten that is 4 months old named Raven or as I lovingly call "psycho Kitty" because she loves to attack for no reason!
6 cockatiels - Belle-boo, Chelsea (my oldest dd's), Happy, Fancy, Baby and Elmo. Right now Baby and Elmo have a nest of eggs so we are waiting to see if they hatch. This will be our first batch of babies. My friend that gave them to us raises cockatiels so she's going to help me out with them.
We also have two tanks full of guppies
Oh and I almost forgot the little quackers we have. How could I forget them!! :eek: We have two little ducks that someone was going to kill. We're raising them until they are old enough to be left on a friends farm. Donald and Daisy are quite the handful! lol

Man I swear I live in a zoo sometimes!! lol

ahippiechic
09-23-2004, 08:02 AM
a tarantula as a pet? Yikes.

She's grey and pink and furry. :)

captorquewrench
09-23-2004, 08:08 AM
I have a 55 gallon aquarium of african cichlids and a marbled ginger tomcat named Ralph that growls like a dog all the time.

SKYFYRE
09-23-2004, 08:08 AM
I am happily owned by two rescue kitties, named Onyx and Tanker (3 yrs old). They are loved and feared by their adopted sister, a year old miniature pinscer named Faerie. The birdcage houses an orchestra of 2 parakeets, Vera and Beau, along with their buddies Pita and Paolo the cockatiels. On the quieter side, we have a big ol fish tank with rainbow fish, dwarf gouramis, tetras, a couplea blue ciclid babies, and a softshell turtle.
I am very happy{{{{{pets}}}}}}}

JazzMama
09-23-2004, 08:20 AM
We have a chocolate lab mix named Hershey - he's only 6 months old and already comes up past my waist (but then again I'm only 5'2")! :eek: Then, Cailyn has a pet Betta (he's purple/blue) named Nemo.

Willow
09-23-2004, 08:46 AM
Here are two of ours. This one is of our cat and my son's rabbit that he got for his 7th birthday about four years ago. We also have a fish but I don't know if I have a picture of him or not. lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/ultraviolet68/pywacketandbunny.jpg

Countrymom
09-23-2004, 03:23 PM
We have one Beagle dog named Duke.
Six cats named April, Cuddles, Sherlock, Fluffy, Killer, Frisky.
Four kittens named Feisty, Bubbles, Doofis, Charcoal.
I just wanted to add these are all outside animals. :D

Satin
09-23-2004, 03:26 PM
The sugar gliders are so cute.

nanajoanie
09-23-2004, 06:27 PM
I get a freebie newsletter from a gal that has sugar gliders. They are definitely cute and so tiny :)

stresseater
09-23-2004, 07:01 PM
We have four dogs. Molly is a 2 year old boxer, Chuck is a 10 year old inbread lab/bull terrier, Tippy is a 1 year old lab mix, Elmo is Tippy's brother but he is a 100 lb sheppard/horse mix. We also have 27 cats, 2 inside and the rest are outside, but for space's sake I won't bore you with all of their names. We also have 5 hermit crabs. They are just the coolest. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

dobiesnj
09-23-2004, 07:04 PM
I have 3 dogs, a 9 year old Australian Cattle Dog mix named Kassie, a 4 year old Lab/Pitbull named Bandit and a 3 year old Sheltie/Shepard named Tara. You can see them on Dogster. Their links are:
Tara: http://www.dogster.com/?65068
Kassie: http://www.dogster.com/?65237
Bandit: http://www.dogster.com/?65244

thedragonlady
09-23-2004, 09:04 PM
We currently have nine cats: Shanahan, Lady, Oscar, Squeaker, The Peanut, Frosty, Angelbaby, Lainey, and Buttercat. Sometimes we have as many as 20 because we foster and tame cats for adoption for several local agencies.

Shanahan is named after my favorite hockey player. I get tickled when I see shannykitty post because that's what we call Shanahan most of the time. The sugar gliders are adorable!

Blackberry
09-23-2004, 10:21 PM
We've got two cats:

Oliver is a georgous Maine Coon and Blackie is a black short-haired domestic cat.

Trishntx
09-23-2004, 11:15 PM
We are proud owners of 3 dogs, and two cats
Lexi-black lab
Abby-beagle/hound mix (rescue dog)
Britters- Australian shepherd/Cattahoula

Angel- maine coon
Gilley- maine coon

kelly12569
09-23-2004, 11:16 PM
We have five cocker spaniels and a litter on the way!! And no we're not keeping any out of this litter :eek: contrary to my children's opionions , LOL

Molly -chocolate cocker spaniel age 1

Alice - blonde cocker spaniel age 1

Smooches - black cocker age 3 and prego

Harley -black cocker age 4 and the proud papa of the first two on the list and the litter thats on the way

Babe - black n white cocker age 6

Two cats:

Bootsie age 7

and Pepper age 4

And five kids and one DH , do they count as critters too?? LMAO :p

Well, my mamma just had her pups so we can add NINE more to that list! :p

ntgsmommy
09-24-2004, 01:12 AM
I have a spoiled yorkie named ki-ki anne:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v354/NtgsMommy/ki-kiandtheraggedys.bmp
and a domestic kitty named Oliver, no pictures of him yet :(

maysie
09-24-2004, 03:04 AM
One dog chow/lab mix - Bebette
17 cats/kittens - good thing we are on a farm :D
1 Pygmy goat - Princess - we are currently looking for a boy so we can get her bred.
13 rabbits :eek: - 1 Netherland Dwarf, 1 Mini Rex, 1 Rex, 3 Satins, 2 adult Dutch and 5 baby Dutch
and 17 chickens - the eggs sure are good. :)

mimi37
09-24-2004, 03:10 AM
We have 2 dogs. Beanie is 4. She's a beagle/doxie mix. Poopsie, our rescue dog, is almost 10. She's german shepherd/springer spaniel/lab mix.
We also have 3 cats: Shadow, Tiger and Fluffy. And 2 4-month old kittens from Tiger's last litter. They are Felix and Skunky Monkey.
We used to have a couple of rats. We were just thinking it's time to get another one. My husband also promised my daughter a chihuahua when she graduated. Someone he works with has 3-week old puppies. So I guess in several weeks we'll be getting a puppy.

rlynn411
09-24-2004, 08:57 AM
We have 5 cats.....Tanner, Bailey, Trouble, Tipper and Freeway. We also have a new all black kitten with black tiger markings that at this point has no name!

DivineMsDi
09-24-2004, 10:22 AM
We have one little green and yellow and blue and black budgie (parakeet) named Jade Jane. She is nuts but sweet in her own bird way. We found her in our yard in May and kept her.

I'd like an Airedale someday, but we already decided we aren't paying $800 while there are so many shelter dogs who need homes. So, I will probably find the craziest dog there is....I would also like a cat, but DH says he is "allergic" (since when?)

Crick
09-24-2004, 12:15 PM
Six dogs...

Skippy...Apricot/beige toy poodle
Crickett...Black toy poodle
Tigger...Red minature poodle
TJ....Red toy poodle
Hushpuppy...Party (mixed colors) toy poodles
Munchkin....Black toy poodle

wndysfrnd
09-24-2004, 12:57 PM
I was just wondering what kind of critter's y'all had. I have two dogs, sometimes three, because I dogsit for a friend when his work takes him out of state:(
My border collie/sheltie mix is the smartest dog I have ever known, and she is named for the Spanish word for laughter because she looks like she's always laughing--and I think that she is--she's laughing at us silly humans:) My other dog is a husky/wolf/sharpie/chow mix--I know, YIKES. I dogsit a wolf hybrid named Casper because he's white, and I have a sweet little kitty cat named Poppet :)

WOW!! Sounds like some way cool pets Satan. :)

And everyone else. :)

nightrider127
09-25-2004, 10:02 AM
I have a spoiled yorkie named ki-ki anne:
(

Your spoiled yorkie looks just like my spoiled yorkie, Mitzi.

We also have a spoiled rotten, thinks he's a person black lab named Spud.
Don't forget to vote for him in November. He's running for president you know. And he'll take Mitzi to Washington with him.

MamaFairal
09-25-2004, 10:04 AM
2 cats

Sassy & Sam'e

Mike'smom
09-25-2004, 10:17 AM
Both our boys are from rescue facilities. Louie (LouLou) is an 18 year old gray tabby and Ibby is a brown tuxedo cat. Oh and Mike is a 12 year old "tween" we've had since he was born.

Whitequeen39
09-25-2004, 10:29 AM
We have 2 cats who were strays. Peppermint Patty is a beautiful long-hair Torti who was abandoned at a campground in Ithica NY. Spooked is a black and white domestic shorthair who wandered in the house with me while I was bringing groceries in, he was just a scrawny older kitten then, now he is a big fatty.

DAVESBABYDOLL
09-25-2004, 11:18 AM
chocolate cocker spanial--female age 3~ Seven

blond cocker spanial-female age 2~ Myra

Satin
09-25-2004, 11:49 AM
Cockers and Yorkies are both so cute. I also like those little Papillon dogs.