PDA

View Full Version : dinner? 9/21

kelly12569
09-21-2004, 10:09 AM
Ive got a whole smoked picnic in the slow cooker with beans. Gonna make a big pan of cornbread to go with it. :p

next.......

amysusi
09-21-2004, 10:10 AM
Pancakes!!!! (sorry I'm feeling a bit hyper :p)

Tasha405
09-21-2004, 10:16 AM
spaghetti and thats it LOL

those beans and pancakes sure do sound good. (not at the same time though) lol

amysusi
09-21-2004, 10:18 AM
Ewww, if it was at the same time, I'd be wondering if you'd been drinking the BBS water.

DAVESBABYDOLL
09-21-2004, 10:58 AM
Pork steaks, scalloped potatoes (homemade) fresh corn,not sure what else.

justbeachy
09-21-2004, 11:08 AM
Ive got a whole smoked picnic in the slow cooker with beans. Gonna make a big pan of cornbread to go with it. :p

next.......

Me too!!! Did you peek in my crockpot? LOL :D

cSoReNSoN
09-21-2004, 11:38 AM
Spaghetti (vegetarian style with fresh garlic, onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms), maybe fresh corn, cottage cheese or salad, and garlic bread for my father and I! My brother will have leftover pizza from last night. ;)

Slight changes of plans, rather than spaghetti, it's ravioli!!

kelly12569
09-21-2004, 11:42 AM
Me too!!! Did you peek in my crockpot? LOL :D

Its been sounding good for a while now especially with the fall temps I thought Id fix it. Then wouldnt ya know.... its 85* out LOL

gonna have to make something dif to pack in DH's lunch for work tonight though cuz he wont eat ham n beans :rolleyes: Im thinkin braunschweiger (sp?) sandwiches for his lunch. ICK! but he likes it!

bribella
09-21-2004, 11:46 AM
We are eating simple tonight...
ground beef w/onions in gravy over rice
green beans
bread
haystack cookies for dessert

VenusA423
09-21-2004, 12:05 PM
I have chicken thawing, but stuffed potatoes sounded good, so I took out sausage, too. Probably end up making that. Looking for a recipe now to make some peach cobbler, before the peaches go bad.

Angel Lips
09-21-2004, 12:07 PM
I am making Veal Parm for dinner along with buttered noodles

justbeachy
09-21-2004, 12:29 PM
Its been sounding good for a while now especially with the fall temps I thought Id fix it. Then wouldnt ya know.... its 85* out LOL

gonna have to make something dif to pack in DH's lunch for work tonight though cuz he wont eat ham n beans :rolleyes: Im thinkin braunschweiger (sp?) sandwiches for his lunch. ICK! but he likes it!

Hee-hee, I just packed the beans in my hubby's lunch earlier, that and shrimp salad. He'll eat one or the other or he won't eat, I guess. ;)

justbeachy
09-21-2004, 12:33 PM
I have chicken thawing, but stuffed potatoes sounded good, so I took out sausage, too. Probably end up making that. Looking for a recipe now to make some peach cobbler, before the peaches go bad.

Easy peach cobbler

1 stick of butter

1 cup self rising flour

1 cup sugar

1 cup milk

2 cups of peaches

1 teaspoon cinnamon

Pre-heat oven to 350, add sick of butter to cobbler pan and stick in oven until melted. Combine flour, sugar, milk and cinnamon. Pour into melted butter, dump peaches on top. The fruit sinks to the bottom and you have a beautiful cobbler. Bake until brown and bubbly on top. The cobbler will set as it cools.

BigLyd1
09-21-2004, 01:03 PM
Leftover chicken fajitas... which means no cooking. Yea! :)

Tasha405
09-21-2004, 01:39 PM
Ewww, if it was at the same time, I'd be wondering if you'd been drinking the BBS water.
That would be pretty nasty huh? LOL

sahmsfreeb
09-21-2004, 01:47 PM
leftover boston market...garlic chicken with mpotatoes gravy corn ...

along with corriander celery seed and basalmic vinegar seasoned pork chops with whole mushrooms and greenbeans sauteed in basalmic vinegar and olive oil...

VenusA423
09-21-2004, 02:47 PM
Easy peach cobbler

1 stick of butter

1 cup self rising flour

1 cup sugar

1 cup milk

2 cups of peaches

1 teaspoon cinnamon

Pre-heat oven to 350, add sick of butter to cobbler pan and stick in oven until melted. Combine flour, sugar, milk and cinnamon. Pour into melted butter, dump peaches on top. The fruit sinks to the bottom and you have a beautiful cobbler. Bake until brown and bubbly on top. The cobbler will set as it cools.
Awesome! Thanks! A lot simpler than the one I found... now I need to go get started on it. :D

MamaFairal
09-21-2004, 04:26 PM
Lasagna and a side of cottage cheese

* i am really craving a Oven Roasted Turkey w/all the fixins.........oh man but it been too hot to bake that long :(

twinkiesmom
09-21-2004, 05:51 PM
Had the Banquet Crockpot Frozen meal kit. The Chicken n Dumplings one. It was pretty good, but I hadta add about 2 cups egg noodles to it cuz it was still quite watery. Which is fine cuz I usually hafta add more pasta to stuff anyway.

kelly12569
09-21-2004, 05:55 PM
Lasagna and a side of cottage cheese

* i am really craving a Oven Roasted Turkey w/all the fixins.........oh man but it been too hot to bake that long :(

OMG Ive been hungry for a good turkey meal lately too. I have one in the freezer and DH's brother GAVE us his smoker cuz they didnt use it . :eek: I bet a smoked turkey would be good Now, just to get DH to USE it :rolleyes: LOL

We fried a couple this year too in my brothers turkey fryer. It sure is alot nicer to do that out on the porch than to start the oven and heat up the house.

DAVESBABYDOLL
09-21-2004, 06:57 PM
Ended up getting pizza.Had to take Jaimie to the doctors for another darn ingrown toenail. I have taken her twice,first to have one side done,then two weeks later the otherside.So now antibiotics (BAD) and see what happens.

Man,mama,now I want a turkey dinner....Thanksgiving is coming :D :eek: