PDA

View Full Version : Help ! Crayon in the dryer !!

Jolie Rouge
09-20-2004, 06:27 AM
How do I get melted crayon off an entire load of clothes ? It is an orange crayon on cotton socks & nylon/cotton uniforms ... not to mention all over the inside of the dryer :mad:

Quaker_Parrots
09-20-2004, 06:40 AM
Try here:

http://crayola.com/canwehelp/staintips/stain.cfm

Jolie Rouge
09-20-2004, 06:50 AM
Thanks QP ! Here is what they recommend :

How to remove Crayons (Regular) from fabrics-fresh stains/heat-set stains(melted):

Laundry detergent
Liquid dishwashing detergent
WD-40® (car part lubricant)
Bleach for colored clothing (Clorox 2® or Biz®)
Paper towels

Place the stained surface down on pad of paper towels, spray with WD-40, let stand a few minutes, turn fabric over and spray the other side. Apply liquid dishwashing detergent and work into the stained area, replacing towelling as it absorbs the stain. Wash in hot water with laundry detergent and bleach for about 12 minutes (use heavy soiled setting if there is no minute timer on your machine) and rinse in warm water.

Special Note:Heat-Set Stains-Clean the drum of your dryer to remove any remaining wax residue. Spray a soft cloth with WD-40, and wipe the drum. Run a load of dry rags through a drying cycle to ensure that your drum is clean.

AARRRGGGGHHHHH ....

queenangie
09-20-2004, 07:04 AM
Ewwwwwww! I can visualize this mess.
Let us know if things come clean.

Jolie Rouge
09-20-2004, 10:53 AM
Okay -- what I did was rewash the load ( sorry no time to treat each item seperately :rolleyes: ) in HOT water with Dawn - ammonia - and an industrial degreaser ( usually use on Hubby's "car clothes" ). Let it soak and then skimmed the wax/scum/foam off the top and finished the cycle. Now I am running them thru again to make sure I have all the residue from the cleaners out. Will let ya'll know how they come out. Am doing the white items seperately -- may end up with orange 'tye-dye' socks in the end. :cool: