PDA

View Full Version : a big forum get together

buglebe
09-19-2004, 08:06 PM
I want to mention something for everyone to give thought to. I know it might sound crazy but lets all give it thought. What about a big picnic or meeting somewhere? I know other groups have had such meetings. Someone who likes to plan things could plan it for about a year from now. We could try to find a city easy for the most of us to get to. It would be fun to meet everyone, wouldn't it? Or would that take away the anonomous part of it and change the forum? I think it would be fun. Oh yes families would all be included, the more the merrier. Any thoughts?

buttrfli
09-19-2004, 08:10 PM
I'd love to, but unless everyone comes to my house, i can't go lol

kelly12569
09-19-2004, 08:18 PM
This would be awesome if we were all closer together but unfortunately we are all spread across the country. I think it would be really difficult for alot of us to travel too far to meet. :(

YankeeMary
09-19-2004, 08:25 PM
Maybe I will win the lottery and fly everyone and their families to a beautiful tropical island for a BBS Bash..woo hooo...dare to dream...but it would be wonderful to have a picnic, Maybe have like 4 big picnics or something like that one for the North, South, East and West members...good luck.

Airbuswife
09-19-2004, 08:30 PM
Maybe I will win the lottery and fly everyone and their families to a beautiful tropical island for a BBS Bash..woo hooo...dare to dream...but it would be wonderful to have a picnic, Maybe have like 4 big picnics or something like that one for the North, South, East and West members...good luck.

I think thats a GREAT idea!! find four different points , equdistant to each direction, and do it like that! I'm sure if we did mapquest or something like that we could figure it out, after we had everyones input on where they are.

Like buglebe said, it would have to be someone who is really into planning parties!! :D

amysusi
09-19-2004, 08:36 PM
That would be fun, but DH would never go for spending money on a trip like that.

twinkiesmom
09-19-2004, 08:44 PM
Maybe I will win the lottery and fly everyone and their families to a beautiful tropical island for a BBS Bash..woo hooo

I got a name for the whole event. Survivor - BBS Bash. See who could survive the longest w/o a puter.

Airbuswife
09-19-2004, 09:07 PM
I got a name for the whole event. Survivor - BBS Bash. See who could survive the longest w/o a puter.

I'd bring my laptop :p

YankeeMary
09-19-2004, 10:16 PM
I'd bring my laptop :p

Thats 2 of us..lol.

MsLynn
09-19-2004, 10:29 PM
I'd love to, but unless everyone comes to my house, i can't go lol

kewl, I'll be there in an hour and a half, lmao, have dinner ready

menanamama
09-19-2004, 11:39 PM
i will work up one in ny...saratoga or albany area.

but i need to know who could come before i go to all the trouble.

teenies*mom
09-20-2004, 02:12 AM
i will work up one in ny...saratoga or albany area.

but i need to know who could come before i go to all the trouble.

Thats close enough for me - I would only have about a 2 hour drive :)

buttrfli
09-20-2004, 06:08 AM
kewl, I'll be there in an hour and a half, lmao, have dinner ready

Pizza ok?? I am lazy today and don't feel like cooking tonight :D

Angel Lips
09-20-2004, 06:24 AM
i think thats a pretty cool idea

nanajoanie
09-20-2004, 07:23 AM
The southern one could be at Crick's motel in Myrtle Beach, SC. He could supply the rooms :cool:

BigLyd1
09-20-2004, 07:43 AM
I've always wanted to go to Myrtle Beach... now I would have a reason. :eek: :D

I could have one in SoCal. There's a huge park across the street from me. :D

DivineMsDi
09-20-2004, 08:19 AM
This get together sounds like a good idea for a reality show!! Anyone have any connections to the networks? IF they like the idea, they can pay for us all to meet some way! Sounds like a plan...

suprtruckr
09-20-2004, 08:26 AM
whoever begins this undertaking better have a 55 gallon barrel of aspirin handy :eek: just last weekend 10 th to 12th a group of us pogo players had a big get together just south of nashville and we had reps from tx, ok, il, oh, mi and of course tennessee we had a blast but there will always be someone that whines "i had to drive farther than everyone else" so good luck to whoever plans it :D

truck goes back to planning the 2005 pogo get together

QueenMum40
09-20-2004, 09:08 AM
Personally, I believe it's a terrible idea to meet up with peeps you "know" online. It only takes one freak in the bunch to make your world a scary reality. I mean, how much do you REALLY know about the people you post with? They can post one way and be a totally different person in the real world.

This just my opinion, of course. But I would never mix my interent world with my real life. It's just too risky.

menanamama
09-20-2004, 09:46 AM
Thats close enough for me - I would only have about a 2 hour drive :)
sounds good...about the same for me...every place is about 2-3 from albany or saratoga since it is mid state...lol. would have to be public though...don't want to have a nutter start stuff....hehehe. spac would be a great place...i think it is $5 per car load. great picnic place and you can grill. i could cook all the eats and get the drinks and such....would cost but not much because i could do it all myself no catering...one hell of a cook if i do say so myself. spring would be ideal. i have rules though...you dirnk...you DON'T drive. if anyone is interested let me know. too late to set it up for soon given the weather is getting really cold.
if you don't mind going to albany or saratoga....the more likely as it is cheaper...just pm me. the end of april would be ideal.

tigerskiss1963
09-20-2004, 10:24 AM
That sound like fun
i would love to meet my on line friends
and no iam not a freak i only met one person online and she was very nice
the world is a nutty place with all kinds of people.
but not all want to stalk and kill you
most people are nice just use common sense when meeting new people
from on line or in the real world.

i hope the get together is near me i want to go
yipppppppppeeeeeee :)