PDA

View Full Version : Can psychics really see the past/future?

andsol
09-18-2004, 10:47 PM
I’m sure everyone has seen the signs for “$5 Psychic Readings” in their town or while traveling elsewhere. What I wanted to discuss here were your thoughts on using psychics for more than just personal entertainment, more specifically in police and detective work.

There’s been documented cases in the past where police haven’t been able to solve a crime, at which point they turn to a psychic for help. What I find the most interesting is when the psychics they hire actually solve the case.

What are your thoughts on this? What about using psychics to help solve some of the current investigations (such as the Peterson or Hacking trials?)

I’m not an expert myself on the topic, but I’ve been learning a bit more from a new show on Court TV called Psychic Detectives. It’s on Wednesday’s at 9:30pm in case you want to watch it too.

~ Marysol

KManiac
03-13-2008, 06:05 PM
No. And while you ponder other silly life's questions, think about this:

Why do they steralize lethal injection needles?

renaissanceman
03-13-2008, 06:34 PM
I do believe that EVERYONE has some psychic ability.

Some people have more developed abilities, but I always wonder why some would be using it for commercial profit or notoreity.

So far ALL the so called "speak with the dead" Psychics, have impressed me as opportunistic frauds.

For one thing as a (bible believing) Christian, I know that the dead are already in heaven or hell.

They dont roam the earth as disembodied spirits.

IF anyone has ever actualy communicated with ANYTHING, I would believe it to be Demonic.

I think that ALL of us are occassionally given insights that we need.

But someone who can just flip a mental switch and give people all sorts of insight?

I would question first the legitimacy of said power, after that I would wonder WHERE said power comes from.

Many people get so involved in "New Age" stuff that it becomes a form of idolatry.

Hard to go to church, or pray, or read the bible if you are ALWAYS studying, looking into psychic and new age stuff, ya know?

I just PERSONALLY think that it is one of the Devils MANY tools for deceiving and busying mankind.

freeby4me
03-14-2008, 04:12 AM
There are different types of psychics and yes, depending on their "talent" they can see the past or future, they can sense things.

dv8grl
03-14-2008, 05:40 AM
I don't believe in psychics.

freeby4me
03-14-2008, 05:55 AM
I don't believe in psychics.

I knew you would say that.....:rofl:

buglebe
03-22-2008, 08:17 PM
No. And while you ponder other silly life's questions, think about this:

Why do they steralize lethal injection needles?

For the same reason a stupid instructor told me you flush a heparin lock before you remove it!!