PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Ivans

Satin
09-17-2004, 12:51 AM
I just want to wish everyone in the path of the hurricane good luck! I heard that it was even expected to wreak havoc on the state of Virginia :( I'm so glad I live in the Northwest where we only have about one natural disaster a decade!

Good luck everyone ....

KarlaJorge
09-17-2004, 01:48 AM
I feel so sorry for those in ALABAMA :( :(

ANYONE on the board from there? They are totally out of power, but if anyone knows of anyone post here.

Satin
09-17-2004, 09:07 AM
I don't know of anyone from Alabama but there's a lot from Florida on another site. What a mess, I'm glad I dón't live there and hope those people will be alright.

ahippiechic
09-17-2004, 02:14 PM
My family lives in TN, they got some rain and wind, but nothing major. Hopefully that's all VA will get too.

Lori63
09-17-2004, 02:29 PM
It's raining hard now, and has been raining off and on all day, and is supposed to continue through tomorrow night, so I'm waiting for my basement to leak. But I can handle that, it's nothing compared to what has happened elsewhere.

nanajoanie
09-17-2004, 04:30 PM
I've posted some updates from Greensboro, NC. Seems we were finally in the clear about 5 pm. Tornadoes, high winds, flooding in some areas, roads under water. Scary as heck :eek:

ajksmom
09-17-2004, 06:03 PM
I'm in VA and we have been getting wind and rain all day. Wind around here has not been too bad but it has been raining pretty steady. There have been several tornado's reported in neighboring counties throughout the day. The storm is supposed to loop around and we are supposed to get rain all through until Sun. evening (last I heard anyway, it's always changing). Our power has been flipping on and off all day but has not stayed off any longer than a minute, I just hope we keep it.

buglebe
09-17-2004, 06:09 PM
Nanajoanie, thanks for update on NC. My dd and family live in Siler city in a trailor. She was leaving today when the tornado warnings were out to go somewhere safer. I haven't heard anything. We are in Alabama, Birmingham and just got our power back on at 6 tonight. I will keep trying to reach her.
We have a tree on our house and ds has a tree on his house on other side of town and we are 4 hrs from beach.

Ramera
09-17-2004, 07:31 PM
I live in South Alabama. I got power back about noon today. There is alot of damage in this area.

galeane29
09-18-2004, 11:50 AM
I'm back home now. We live near gulf shores and we had no power for a few days. We did have water and phone service. Our power was just turned back on today around noon. Thank God , kids were driving me nuts. Minimal damage to our home and we have 5 trees down in our yard, 4 were up-rooted. Military are all around town directing traffic, handing out MRE's, water and Ice. Thank God for our Military!

wubbywa
09-18-2004, 01:56 PM
I have been looking information up on Gulf SHores (orange beach) for the last 2 days. The condo that my whole family went to this summer was destroyed I saw pictures and a video. My parents spend 3 months every winter there, they have reservations in Jan. at the Phoenix 10 does anyone know if that was destroyed I cant find anything. It is right on orange beach. God bless all of those people down there.

farmmnger
09-18-2004, 03:17 PM
I"m in VA-our phone service just came back on after being off for a day. The power was off for 3 hrs today. Everyone is okay here. The next town got hit with a tornado and homes are demolished. Please pray for those families.

ahippiechic
09-18-2004, 03:30 PM
Anyone know if there was any damage in the Richmond area?

Satin
09-18-2004, 03:32 PM
I know of some damage in the Richmond area!