PDA

View Full Version : Question/not really a vent... but sorta (possibly tmi, pls no guys)

justme23
09-15-2004, 08:16 PM
Ok, my doctor put me on glucophage for PCOS about 3 months ago to try and help us get pregnant... I know most of you already know this... but anyways...

Well... since going on it my periods have completely normalized (every 28 days and only 6 days long), but now something weird is kind of happening and my hubby (who won't let me get excited by any change that could mean pregnancy) is telling me it's all in my head and that it happens EVERY month when... hello... it's my body... NO IT DOESN'T... so you ladies who have had babies... could you tell me if this has happened to you?

Last week, probably about Monday, I thought I had started... I spotted and had a clear mucus discharge for about an hour... and then nothing... until 3 days ago and every day, for about 2 to 4 hours I have spotting and a clear mucus discharge and then nothing... now... for about 12 hours before my period I will spot and then it'll go in to normal flow, but it's never happened for a couple of days for a couple hours at a time before hand and NEVER w/ any kind of mucusie discharge that I really remember... now I will say this... today is the 29th day of my cycle and other than very light cramping WHEN I am spotting, I have no other 'cycle symptoms'... so I am only a day late and that doesn't mean anything... and maybe nothing else does either... but I looked it up and found this:

Are You Noticing More Vaginal Discharge?
This is normal. Vaginal discharge, or leukorrhea, will appear milky and will be odorless or have a mild smell. Although it flows in greater quantities during pregnancy, it has the look of the vaginal discharge you experienced before menstruation in your pre-pregnancy days. The increase of estrogen in your system and the greater blood flow around your vaginal area is the source of this increase in vaginal discharge. You will notice progressively more vaginal discharge throughout your pregnancy. Toward the end of your pregnancy, you may actually expel the mucus plug, a thick blob of mucus. This predicts that labor is a few days away.

What can you do about this?
Use panty liners when vaginal discharge starts to flow more heavy. Also make sure to keep the genital area clean: wipe from front to back.

Avoid:

Tampons
Deodorant soaps
Scented pads or toilet paper
Douching
Tight pants

Do I have an infection?
If your vaginal discharges changes texture or color OR if you experience redness, dryness or itching, you could have a vaginal infection. A cottage cheese textured discharge may signal that you have thrush. Anything out of the ordinary should be brought up at your doctor's visit.

I know it's not an infection cause I don't have anything they are talking about... just the top part... so tell me, did any of you ladies who had babies have any of this or is hubby right... am I too excited at the thought that it could mean something and it really means nothing?

fatesfaery
09-15-2004, 08:23 PM
I spotted for 2-3 months when it was time for my period all three times I was pregnant.I honestly don't remember about any type of discharge, but having one wouldn't have been out of the norm for me so it wouldn't have been something I'd remember.
Good luck!!

taz69
09-15-2004, 08:24 PM
Doesn't sound like an infection - I've never experienced the discharge, and have had two kids, but who knows! My best wishes and prayers that it is a baby!

starlynn
09-15-2004, 10:58 PM
I had a normal period and didn't know I was pregnant with one of my kids but suspected it because my breast started to swell and hurt more then usually. It's very hard to say everyone is different and every pregnancy is different. Keep us posted!!

JKATHERINE
09-16-2004, 04:34 AM
Take a test! :D A lot of them now are designed to detect pregnancy up to 5 days before your missed period. Crossing my fingers for you! :)

Quaker_Parrots
09-16-2004, 05:47 AM
With my son(8 years ago) I took a test on the day I was suppose to start, and got a very faint possitive, took another a couple of days later, and that one was a bold possitive.

Test is the best way to find out, but sounds to me like you are possible pg. Any other symptoms? hot flashes(I had those before I found out)? tender breasts? nauseous? tired?

ang in NC
09-16-2004, 08:30 AM
Sometimes you will spot when the egg implants. Best of Luck and let us know.

MamaFairal
09-16-2004, 10:16 AM
Test!

justme23
09-16-2004, 10:37 AM
A test, I know I know.. and I would, but my hubby won't buy one until he's absolutely sure I missed my period... so I can't test for atleast another week. Thanks you guys!

kabcrisp
09-16-2004, 11:05 AM
Justme. . .

I am currently just over 4 months pregnant. . .

I have noticed a huge increase in discharge and my doctor assures me it is a continuing sign of pregnancy. . . prior to finding out I was preggers I never had so much discharge. . .

It is clearish, and whiteish fluid. . . Take the test!!!!. . .I took one early on and found out I was pregnant at 5 weeks which is very early. . .

Good Luck!

msmom79
09-16-2004, 12:11 PM
i had this with my first , i didnt know i was pregnant and low and behold i was.please buy a test as all the ladies have recommended.good luck to you ,im keeping my fingers crossed for you.hugs ann

JWWB2000
09-16-2004, 12:21 PM
I didn't have the discharge until later with both of mine but I missed a period and that is how we knew I was preggo! Good luck and don't send me any of that water you are drinking if you are pregnant ;)

joesbaby
09-16-2004, 12:54 PM
wehn i was pregnant, all 3 times. i noticed more discarge, and i spotted for the first couple months, not heavy.just enough to wear a panty liner and i was scared some because i was afraid id loose the baby. i also got fuller breasts, and an aversion to some food smells..coffee about killed me.

ill keep my fingers crossed for you. good luck
keep us updated.
ericka