PDA

View Full Version : I feel as if I'm being stalked!

rlynn411
09-15-2004, 12:51 PM
By my CAT! I am about to lose my mind. Sunday she is sound asleep on the couch and I was sitting out front on the porch swing when I hear her start loudly meowing, she then heads to the front door and continues screaming at me.

I come in the house and she begins to follow me EVERYWHERE while still "talking" to me very loudly. Three days later she is still stalking after me. She jumps up, I put her down and back she comes...... over and over again!! I've tried paying extra attention to her and it makes no difference. She will even sit on the edge of the tub while I'm in the shower......I've had it with her. It got so bad earlier today that I left the house for a couple of hours to get away from her crazy behavior.

I don't have a clue to what her problem is....shes not sick.....well maybe mentally at this point and I just don't know what to do. Between being on me 24/7 and the constant screaming at me when I do manage to get her away for me I'm close to snapping! It's just not funny no more!!

My DH was yelling at her the other day to zip it.... which is funny seeing as we think she is now deaf. Noticed that earlier this year.

Would anyone like a 14 yr old cat?

Thanks for letting me whine about this silly situation.

sahmsfreeb
09-15-2004, 01:03 PM
humm she sounds like most grandmas out there... or at least my ornery ones! :D
"im old and you will listen... " "and since i cant hear me you can't hear me so ill repeat myself human lady slave"

be thankful she doesnt have an oposable digit (ie:thumb) and a cane!!!

mines 13 and becoming picky... and talkative too... and wierd sleeping habits..
she always slept with me.. now shes sleeping on a hat under the coat rack... and other strange places...

rlynn411
09-15-2004, 01:08 PM
[QUOTE=sahmsfreeb]
be thankful she doesnt have an oposable digit (ie:thumb) and a cane!!!
QUOTE]

All she needs is the cane..... shes one of those cats that DOES have the extra toe like thumb! :eek: And shes still laying half on my laptop as I type this.

sahmsfreeb
09-15-2004, 01:12 PM
for the love of god... dont give her a licence to drive and a cane....

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

lol.... give her a pet on the head for me... my tanya is off sulking now cause i wouldnt give her goodies....

rlynn411
09-15-2004, 01:18 PM
for the love of god... dont give her a licence to drive and a cane....

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

lol.... give her a pet on the head for me... my tanya is off sulking now cause i wouldnt give her goodies....

Now thats to funny.....btw way her name is Freeway! :eek:

archaic
09-15-2004, 04:51 PM
Cats and other animals can sense things that we can't. Just like the service dogs that can tell when its owner is about to have a seizure. They may be something more to her behavior then meets the eye.

iluvmybaby
09-15-2004, 05:12 PM
Hun cats are very special ppl, something is wrong or she would not be on you like that, that is just not in a cats nature. Be careful hun! Do you have any medical conditions?

rlynn411
09-15-2004, 05:29 PM
Hun cats are very special ppl, something is wrong or she would not be on you like that, that is just not in a cats nature. Be careful hun! Do you have any medical conditions?

I have no known medical conditions. We've rescued her from a New Jersry highway when she was a tiny kitten. For the first 10 yrs we had her she basically ignore us until our oldest cat died, she just wasn't very social. The last 4 years she stays near where I am, (I'm the ONLY one she clings to) but the last few days shes been insane with wanting to be near me. I'm having a good evening so far, shes content to be laying on the ottamon next to the couch which puts her a couple of feet away fom me...... sure beats being on me!

Angel Lips
09-15-2004, 06:26 PM
My cat gets in moods like that too.

katzenberg
09-15-2004, 06:55 PM
my cat dose the same thing 6 months ago my 18 yearold cat had to be put to sleep and she follows me and my mom yelling and meow at the top of her lungs i think its because she miss my other cat tc.she was rased with him from 3 months and she want to be in one of are laps a lot. :(

iluvmybaby
09-17-2004, 07:03 AM
You need to press charges against your cat, I am laughing so hard, I checked back on your thread to see what your zany cat was doing and this was the related ad at the top of the page

Charged with Stalking?
Expert Criminal Defense Attorneys Free Advice 24/7! 1-800-313-9619

Or I can call Cory B Trotz ((I know bad sense of humour))

rlynn411
09-17-2004, 08:40 AM
Actually the past 36 hour phsyco cat has cut me a break. She spends her afternoon sleeping or glaring at me in the chair,.....which is MY chair during the day until DH reclaims it from me. I figure she can have it if it means she leaves me alone. But come evening she claims the top of the ottamon where I keep my laptop,and stands guard a couple feet away from me for the night.

At least shes not in my face non stop like she had been. Guess I'll wait patiently for her next phsychotic episode :D